Thread: Arkansas departures, where's wps?

vCash

Arkansas departures, where's wps?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ar...ansfer-portal/

Arkansas was suppose to be stout this year. Seems it's a mass exodus lately.
    What happened? I understand a few leaving but this is what worries me about how anyone can have one free leave.

Yes I understand this guy is a graduate so it's different for him but there has been a good many enter the portal from ark this year

vCash
    If Cam Little hits the portal I'd work hard to get him.

vCash
    Read an article that Pittman's struggles are connected to the loss of Morris's recruits. NIL/Portal will require having a new list of current names on your roster every spring at most schools as these "student athletes" look to improve their educational opportunities in today's college sports setting.*** A serious point that the NCAA needs to address is that many of these athletes are not even finding a landing spot, thus losing their scholarships. The Wild, Wild West is here.

vCash
    Outside of Myles Slusher most of the ones who have entered the portal so far are non-factors. The crazy thing is, the 2020 class when Pittman was hired he only had a few months to put together and there are literally only about 1-2 players still left from that class for various reasons. There have been rumors that the S&C coach we just fired was trying to stir things up among the team and divide them against Pittman because he felt like he didn't get the raise he deserved...so it sounds like there will definitely be a need to weed out the bad apples from the locker room.

Some connected to the program have said they wouldn't be surprised if we take in 20+ transfers this offseason. Not super worried about it just yet unless KJ or Rocket Sanders decide they want to up and leave. It's just very important we land our top portal targets as replacements for some of these guys.

vCash
    This portal mess is a disaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This portal mess is a disaster.
    It certainly is. Transferring with a one-year sitout made a lot more sense. The portal makes absolutely no consideration of academics - it's all athletics (which, of course, is not the primary goal of a university).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Outside of Myles Slusher most of the ones who have entered the portal so far are non-factors. The crazy thing is, the 2020 class when Pittman was hired he only had a few months to put together and there are literally only about 1-2 players still left from that class for various reasons. There have been rumors that the S&C coach we just fired was trying to stir things up among the team and divide them against Pittman because he felt like he didn't get the raise he deserved...so it sounds like there will definitely be a need to weed out the bad apples from the locker room.

Some connected to the program have said they wouldn't be surprised if we take in 20+ transfers this offseason. Not super worried about it just yet unless KJ or Rocket Sanders decide they want to up and leave. It's just very important we land our top portal targets as replacements for some of these guys.
    I'm still a big KJ fan. With enough help around him I think he's poised for a massive season next year.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    KJ has eligibility remaining?

vCash

That divided locker room reminds me of the Moorhead days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    He looks 45.

vCash
    KJ would have been an excellent Mullen Relf Coast Offense QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I'm still a big KJ fan. With enough help around him I think he's poised for a massive season next year.
    The OL just dropped off a cliff the last half of the season and he barely had any time at all to do anything. Missouri was in the backfield all day, even Liberty owned it. Strange coming from a Sam Pittman team with what most thought was one of the better OLs in the conference.

KJ isn't perfect but with a good surrounding cast he is definitely one of the better QBs in the SEC.

Redshirted in 2019 and got the free COVID year in 2020 so he has one year left
    Last edited by WPS; 11-30-2022 at 05:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    KJ would have been an excellent Mullen Relf Coast Offense QB
    Yep, Moorhead choose wrongly in picking Shrader over him(I know we still offered KJ and would've taken him in a 2 QB class but the point remains).
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    The OL just dropped off a cliff the last half of the season and he barely had any time at all to do anything. Missouri was in the backfield all day, even Liberty owned it. Strange coming from a Sam Pittman team with what most thought was one of the better OLs in the conference.

KJ isn't perfect but with a good surrounding cast he is definitely one of the better QBs in the SEC.

Redshirted in 2019 and got the free COVID year in 2020 so he has one year left
    If he redshirted in ?19, and adding a Covid year, then he technically has two more seasons available?..I?m not a math guy, but that?s what seems to make sense to me.