Thread: How reliable is Jerry Palm

vCash

How reliable is Jerry Palm

As far as bowl projections go?

He has us in the Gator vs Notre Dame.

vCash
    Sign me up!

vCash
    I would say he's pretty accurate on this barring some weird scenarios playing out this weekend

vCash
    Seeing that in several places. Bring it on.

vCash
    Gator bowl against ND works for me. Hopefully we don’t have too many opt outs and can get a 9 win season

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Unfortunately South Carolina is going to request that bowl as their top choice and they will be matched up with notre dame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Unfortunately South Carolina is going to request that bowl as their top choice and they will be matched up with notre dame.
    I'm hearing the administrators at SCar want the ReliaQuest, but the fanbase has Tampa fatigue going to that bowl 5 times in the last 20 or so years, and wants the Gator(haven't been since 1987) and Notre Dame. It's all up to SCar. If they want ND and the Gator they get it, and we get the ReliaQuest and most likely Illinois and Fat Bert. If SCar wants Tampa, then we get the Gator and ND. Simple as that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    I'm hearing the administrators at SCar want the ReliaQuest, but the fanbase has Tampa fatigue going to that bowl 5 times in the last 20 or so years, and wants the Gator(haven't been since 1987) and Notre Dame. It's all up to SCar. If they want ND and the Gator they get it, and we get the ReliaQuest and most likely Illinois and Fat Bert. If SCar wants Tampa, then we get the Gator and ND. Simple as that.
    Sports illustrated has us going to liberty and ole miss to Tampa

vCash
    These are all over the place. Sports Illustrated has State back in Memphis with Kansas, and Ole Miss in Tampa with Illinois

vCash
    Watch OM squeem their way in there and we get Texas/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Sports illustrated has us going to liberty and ole miss to Tampa
    Y'all do know some of these idiot sportswriters don't even know the difference between us and Ole Miss? Many of them don't even know how the bowl selection process works. I've seen projections with SEC teams in the Mayo and Gasparilla Bowl which can't happen this year.

vCash
    Texas bowl would be fine as weather would be perfect. And, it?s a good pay out.

vCash
    And, I can get non-stop flights today from Jax to Houston for 3 folks for a total of less than $675. Great deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I'm hearing the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desoto1967 View Post
    These are all over the place. Sports Illustrated has State back in Memphis with Kansas, and Ole Miss in Tampa with Illinois
    We aren't going to Memphis.

vCash
    Depends on if our Athletics Dir???.. uh?..umm?? somebody in the AD office steps up and doesn?t let the SEC office push us down. And by down, everyone should know I mean regardless of Group of 6 bowls, the Tampa Bowl is better than the Texas Bowl is better than the Gator Bowl is better than the Music City Bowl is better than the Liberty Bowl is better than the Las Vegas Bowl is better than the Birmingham Bowl is better than the Gasparilla Bowl. Perception is Reality in this case!

vCash
    Teams tell the SEC office which bowl they prefer
    Bowls tell the SEC office which Team they prefer
    The SEC office works with both sides

SC likely gets Gator because both sides want it
    Music City likely gets Kentucky because both sides want it
    Tampa is choosing between us and Mississippi
    Liberty wants the Pigs I hear

Fight over Tampa and then the loser goes to Texas or Vegas
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I don?t want N Dame cause I don?t like to see us loose. I want to see us win.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    This is basically it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Teams tell the SEC office which bowl they prefer
    Bowls tell the SEC office which Team they prefer
    The SEC office works with both sides

SC likely gets Gator because both sides want it
    Music City likely gets Kentucky because both sides want it
    Tampa is choosing between us and Mississippi
    Liberty wants the Pigs I hear

Fight over Tampa and then the loser goes to Texas or Vegas
    Shouldn't be a choice. We are ranked, have the same record, and beat them head to head. However, I know how bowl politics works.