Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated Severe Weather Thread

vCash

Updated Severe Weather Thread

The updated SPC graphic is out and has a shift south and east for the moderate risk. Everything else looking pretty steady from prior updates. I wouldn't be surprised to see storm initiation in the delta late afternoon. As long as the storms stay discrete, the tornado threat will be high. One or two long track violent tornadoes still remains possible. Again, have multiple ways to get warnings tomorrow if you are in or near the moderate and enhanced risk areas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    The updated SPC graphic is out and has a shift south and east for the moderate risk. Everything else looking pretty steady from prior updates. I wouldn't be surprised to see storm initiation in the delta late afternoon. As long as the storms stay discrete, the tornado threat will be high. One or two long track violent tornadoes still remains possible. Again, have multiple ways to get warnings tomorrow if you are in or near the moderate and enhanced risk areas.

Where will you be chasing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    Where will you be chasing?
    TBD. Since storms will be moving up to 60mph I can't afford to get too far west as they'll shoot past me. I may just get on 82 and drive west and then adjust north or south.

vCash
    Trying to travel to Starkville from Jackson this afternoon. Any idea what time I should attempt to be off the road by?

vCash
    Any chance this lines out and lessens the twister risk? I’m hoping to be able to get in the bed at a decent hour and not be tracking weather all night. Unfortunately on the eastern part of the state/golden triangle we are always late to the party.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNC23 View Post
    Trying to travel to Starkville from Jackson this afternoon. Any idea what time I should attempt to be off the road by?
    Non-severe storms already developing. I expect severe storms starting this afternoon. When I give advice like this I do it like I was giving it to my mom or wife and err on the extreme side of caution. Based on that I wouldn't be on the road after 2:00-3:00. May not see a severe storm until 5:00 or after but I like to err on the side of caution.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Any chance this lines out and lessens the twister risk? I’m hoping to be able to get in the bed at a decent hour and not be tracking weather all night. Unfortunately on the eastern part of the state/golden triangle we are always late to the party.
    It is supposed to line out at some point. If it does then the tornado threat will lessen. It just doesn't look like it will do that until 3:00am or so. Best hope is we get enough storms that they more or less choke each other out.

vCash
    Hey stark, as always thanks for the updates! My son is supposed to travel from Desoto Co back to Starkville today. What are your thoughts for the Starkville area?

My wife is always concerned about the weather, I always tell her, "hang on, let me see what the forum is saying"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Non-severe storms already developing. I expect severe storms starting this afternoon. When I give advice like this I do it like I was giving it to my mom or wife and err on the extreme side of caution. Based on that I wouldn't be on the road after 2:00-3:00. May not see a severe storm until 5:00 or after but I like to err on the side of caution.
    These non severe storms seem angry though. One popped up close to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Take your phone to bed with you and make sure weather alerts are turned on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jgunn View Post
    Hey stark, as always thanks for the updates! My son is supposed to travel from Desoto Co back to Starkville today. What are your thoughts for the Starkville area?

My wife is always concerned about the weather, I always tell her, "hang on, let me see what the forum is saying"
    2 posts above yours he discusses Starkville timing. Torcon of 7 and it looks like 2:00-3:00 this afternoon it's starting. I'm just passing information. I'm not a meteorologist or storm chaser.

vCash
    Severe thunderstorm near Montpelier moving northeast. Hail and 60 mph wind gusts.

vCash
    Just checked on Reed Timmer. He's in Indianola in a RENTED CAR. I love to be there when he returns it.

vCash
    Most recent Tornado outlook. Hatched area means greater than EF2 a possibility.

Last edited by CovertDawg; 11-29-2022 at 12:34 PM.

vCash
    A PDS tornado watch (particularly dangerous situation) is coming. Last time this happened in November was 2013.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Just checked on Reed Timmer. He's in Indianola in a RENTED CAR. I love to be there when he returns it.
    Where is his storm chase vehicle?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Severe thunderstorm near Montpelier moving northeast. Hail and 60 mph wind gusts.
    That was the one that popped up close to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    A PDS tornado watch (particularly dangerous situation) is coming. Last time this happened in November was 2013.

What site are you looking at Arrow?
    Oh, and good to see you post brother.

vCash
    It was recently submerged in Florida hurricane. Not sure if being repaired, but, at the time, he was hopeful it could be.
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.

vCash
    Still in Pine Island Fla or the scrap yard by now.