Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Basketball vs Omaha

vCash
    Free throw shooting has improved dramatically. And 3-pointers not bad.

vCash
    Omaha is going to be the highest scoring opponent we've had so far this year.

vCash
    McNair with the 3. Maybe he's the shooter we're looking for.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Omaha is going to be the highest scoring opponent we've had so far this year.
    I could be wrong. They're barely scoring at all in the second half.

vCash
    I understand teams play to their competition level sometimes but I was hoping to see a blowout tonight. We are pulling away some now but I see alot of concerns going forward.

vCash
    Maybe Keyshawn Murphy needs more playing time.. he's looking good on both ends

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I understand teams play to their competition level sometimes but I was hoping to see a blowout tonight. We are pulling away some now but I see alot of concerns going forward.
    This is beginning to qualify as a blowout. Were ahead by 10 at the half, up 24 now.

vCash
    I think the small crowd at home plays a part in this. It's almost natural to not have a lot of energy when the crowd is not into it. Then talent takes over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I think the small crowd at home plays a part in this. It's almost natural to not have a lot of energy when the crowd is not into it. Then talent takes over.
    I agree but our fan base needs to help create that college basketball experience, they deserve better than this. The student section doesn't look bad but it's a horrible place. Why have them behind the goal?

vCash
    I agree but our fan base needs to help create that college basketball experience, they deserve better than this. The student section doesn't look bad but it's a horrible place. Why have them behind the goal?
    We are in a unique position because we sell our high dollar seats but since we are located in a rural area a lot of fans don't go to a lot of games. Because of this unique situation I think our athletic department is not only responsible for selling the tickets but also for putting butts in the seats.
    There are plenty of families, high school basketball teams, honor students, first responders, etc within driving distance of Starkville that would appreciate tickets to games. I think our athletic department should be responsible for getting these people tickets that will not be used.

vCash
    The majority of this board right now is currently talking about Cohen, Freeze and/or Kiffin. None of which are affiliated with our program. Only a few talk about OUR men's basketball team who had a game tonight. It shows in the stands on t.v. also
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 11-28-2022 at 10:05 PM.

vCash
    The majority of this board right now is currently talking about Cohen, Freeze and/or Kiffin. None of which are affiliated with our program. Only a few talk about OUR men's basketball team who had a game tonight. It shows in the stands on t.v. also
    This is one of the best posts I’ve ever read on here. Our fans worry way too much about what other schools do. We are 7-0 and a fringe top 25 team for the first time since 2018/2019 season and really could surprise a lot of people. Auburn hired Freeze. Kiffin is back at Ole Miss and we need to focus on talking about State sports now, our bowl game etc. We really need to pack the hump and help out this team. They deserve our support.

vCash
    I think we are going to be a hard team to beat come March. One guy that has really surprised me is Tyler Stevenson. He's put up pretty good numbers off the bench.

The (3) freshmen are going to be key down the stretch too. Murphy is finally healthy and I think we will continue to see his minutes grow. I mentioned back in September that I thought he would be a starter, and I still think he has the chance to start by the end of the season. He's one of the better offensive scorers we have.

DJ has improved dramatically from last season and you can tell his confidence is growing each game. If the light ever actually fully comes on, he could carry us a long way. Shak has been a great slasher and distributor for us off the bench. He's working on his 3pt shot a lot, but it's 100% mental with him right now. If he can knock down 3's consistently (~35% clip) that would keep teams from zoning us.

Last night we did what good teams are supposed to do and beat an inferior team by 20 and without our top 2 point guards.

Pack the Hump folks. Quit making excuses. This team deserves a raucous crowd at home and we are going to knock off a couple big teams this year. Hopefully everyone will be over the flu by our next game and we get primed up for Minnesota.

vCash
    I like Jans but don't like this slow it down offense so far. We play defense really hard and it can wear down our guys. We need multiple players to play this style and keep everyone fresh.
    You want us to speed up so we can miss shots faster?? This team can't shoot.

vCash
    You can thank MSU for ruining the Hump--reseating killed the Hump.. MSU took tickets from area Basketball Fans and gave them to Corp and big donors who don't show. There were about 3-4 thousand loyal fans that had seats since the HUMP opened and our administration took them . then they moved the students --now the HUMP is a tomb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    This is one of the best posts I’ve ever read on here. Our fans worry way too much about what other schools do. We are 7-0 and a fringe top 25 team for the first time since 2018/2019 season and really could surprise a lot of people. Auburn hired Freeze. Kiffin is back at Ole Miss and we need to focus on talking about State sports now, our bowl game etc. We really need to pack the hump and help out this team. They deserve our support.
    Thank you!

We are 7-0 with a couple quality wins against power 5 teams, our stadium should be rocking every game, no more excuses. I will say when the camera showed the student section behind the goals, there were quite a good amount of students in attendance, we need to restructure our seating arrangements so they are the focal point, but there were still alot of available seats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    You can thank MSU for ruining the Hump--reseating killed the Hump.. MSU took tickets from area Basketball Fans and gave them to Corp and big donors who don't show. There were about 3-4 thousand loyal fans that had seats since the HUMP opened and our administration took them . then they moved the students --now the HUMP is a tomb.
    Yeah, its a terrible set up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You want us to speed up so we can miss shots faster?? This team can't shoot.
    No not at all, but if we are going to be a slow paced offensive team, we have to be able to score in the half court. Not sure if you've watched us play this year but we go on 4 minute droughts without scoring, as good as our defense is, that will get you beat against UT, Bama, Auburn, UK, Arkansas.... pretty much every SEC team. Im not saying we should play fast, but we have really good athletes.... I'd like to see us get out on the break a little more and try to get some easy buckets.

vCash
    Son was looking at the sheet that is given out at the games last night regarding rosters of each team. He pointed out that we are showing that we are averaging over 6K per game. Funny how last night's butts in the seats looked like the "crowd" at the ETSU football game. This team needs and deserves our in person support. Hail State!

vCash
    Marquette up 20 on Baylor