Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Basketball vs Omaha

vCash

Basketball vs Omaha

Pretty sparse crowd considering how this team has been playing.

vCash
    Bad crowd, bad start offensively once again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Bad crowd, bad start offensively once again
    Well, we made two free throws. That's an improvement. Shooting about 10% from the floor though.

The team doesn't seem all that enthused so far. Maybe that'll pick up.

vCash
    Why do we shoot the most 3s of any team in the universe when we shoot them so poorly?

vCash
    Quit shooting 3s. That means you DJ.

vCash
    Do we not have a half court offense?

vCash
    I know Jans and the team are probably disappointed with the crowd but this has been common for years with early season games.
    If it doesn't get much better for conference play it will be very disappointing.
    I've made many 6 hour round trips to Starkville for midweek conference games. It's a lot harder for me to do now. I wish I lived closer but I'll definitely be up on weekends.

vCash
    I know DeShawn Davis and Horton are out today but we should be blowing this team away. As good as we are defensively, we are just as bad if not worse offensively.. guys we have 11 points near the 10 minute mark

vCash
    I like Jans but don't like this slow it down offense so far. We play defense really hard and it can wear down our guys. We need multiple players to play this style and keep everyone fresh.

vCash
    I would always take the drive away from Moore and give him the 3 shot until he proves it's a bad decision. He is really struggling.

vCash
    guys there is no way to sugar coat this. this team sucks at shooting and sucks bad. when we start playing teams that can score, we will be in serious trouble. we have to sign some pure shooters. if we had a Timmy bowers type or even a winsome Frazer we would be really good. it will be frustrating to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I would always take the drive away from Moore and give him the 3 shot until he proves it's a bad decision. He is really struggling.
    Yes he is Moore is a get out and run type of player, he doesn't play well in a slow offensive style

vCash
    jans chewing arse and i love it

vCash
    Offense has picked up a good bit since last games. 10 point lead at the half, and I think the 3-point percentage is better than it has been. They're showing a little fire now.

vCash
    I missed the beginning of the game. Why is Davis out?

vCash
    At least we ended the half with a little run. We have alot to work on to be the team we can be, we are missing that perimeter scorer like Molinar, Q. Weatherspoon, Peters, Bost, Carter, the list goes on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I missed the beginning of the game. Why is Davis out?
    Probably rest for that ankle injury. Not sure why Horton is out

vCash
    Slept walked through the first 10 minutes, but we finally woke up and put together a solid finish.

Dj is having a really good game. Murphy looks like he could be a star if he pieces it all together. Not many 6'10" guys that can move like that.

vCash
    Jeffries has the skill set to be an animal offensively but he holds back a little bit for some reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Jeffries has the skill set to be an animal offensively but he holds back a little bit for some reason.
    Richard Williams refers to DJ as the most talented player on the court. I've wondered if he was a selfish player but he's doing the little things that make the team better this year. I think he's the key to a big season.