Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Freezus to the Plains

vCash
    Good fit, but they will be having more "ongoing investigations".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    And he still hasn't.
    OK. To clarify-AD Cohen at State DID NOT hire Freeze. AD Cohen at Auburn DID hire Freeze. I realize it's pretty complicated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Yeah, very good hire. If Cohen would have hired Freeze instead of Moorhead, we might have won a few more games. I think a lot of State fans thought Cohen would never hire someone like Freeze,
    He hasn't...... I think the name YellaWood would be more accurate on the hiring process, but if this Freeze hire doesn't work out, Cohen will get the blame. It just comes with the territory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    The football business is about to cost our program more money than we ever imagined.
    And what makes you think that State will pay more ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    He gonna get ratted out by either ole miss or Alabama for banging co Eds and hiring hookers to have sex with 16 year old boys
    Supposedly Godfrey is going to write a big piece on him. At least that's what he said in a podcast.
    https://pca.st/n786zmn0

vCash
    Every Sex Assault Lawyer about to set up shop in Auburn.

vCash
    This is not a good hire. But it is all they could do. They made it a two-man horse race thinking they'd get their prize stallion in Kiffin. When that bombed, there's no way they could save face if they did not hire Freeze.

Auburn is the best on the planet for 17n up the coaching hire process, the resultant hires and the contracts.

But in the end they lost out on the self-absorbed grown child with clown shoes and hired Pee Wee Herman. As someone said, they both got what they deserved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Both schools may have gotten what they deserve, OM having to pay way above market value to keep Kiffin, and a split fan base on an Auburn Freeze hire. It's pretty certain that the SEC Office will be watching Auburn more closely now too.
    Yep. And that AU split fan base is bad. I've got two Auburn cousins, one was a player under Bowden, and they are livid. People will be out for blood against Freeze and they know it. All it will do is continue to distract the program and they think they will be back hiring again in 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    He's back, baby! Hide your daughters! ***

ETA: The OM/AU game next season will be fun to watch. Freeze wants him some payback.
    He gonna want us too haha

vCash
    This isn't optimal for us, but sec football just keeps getting more entertaining

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Yep. And that AU split fan base is bad. I've got two Auburn cousins, one was a player under Bowden, and they are livid. People will be out for blood against Freeze and they know it. All it will do is continue to distract the program and they think they will be back hiring again in 2 years.
    What I had heard was that after all the fan base resentment that the athletic department had received through emails. etc. to a Freeze hire, and on social media too, they were probably going to back off on Freeze, and moving on to other candidates. I guess the "Big Booster" decided otherwise. I can't guarantee this to be 100% accurate but I think it's pretty close.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-28-2022 at 06:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I don't think so. REC is going to look under every stone from here to Jerusalem.
    Y'all listen to this "Leroy" cat....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    OK. To clarify-AD Cohen at State DID NOT hire Freeze. AD Cohen at Auburn DID hire Freeze. I realize it's pretty complicated.
    No man. You are missing the whole point. It's not complicated. Auburn boosters were making this hire well before they hired John Cohen to stand up behind the podium and smile. Cohen is a puppet in all this. Auburn boosters wanted Freeze last time when their AD hired harsin. That's why the AD and Harsin were both fired.
    Last edited by DownwardDawg; 11-28-2022 at 06:36 PM.

vCash
    al.com is reporting a 6 year, $6.5M contract for Freeze - 8th highest in the SEC.

Leach is probably going to want a raise.

vCash
    Watching Finebaum, these cats will NEVER mention the idea that Freeze bought prostitutes for high school athletes. They never mention it once. They talk about how it's between Hugh and his wife.

vCash
    Given Freeze's low pay relative to Kiffin (even before the raise), maybe Auburn couldn't afford Kiffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Watching Finebaum, these cats will NEVER mention the idea that Freeze bought prostitutes for high school athletes. They never mention it once. They talk about how it's between Hugh and his wife.
    What exactly is between Freezus and his wife, the convo or the hooker. ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Given Freeze's low pay relative to Kiffin (even before the raise), maybe Auburn couldn't afford Kiffin.
    Maybe the guaranteed money wasn't there; surely Auburn learned with Malzahn and from watching A&M.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post

Plenty of funds left over for NDA's. Smart.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    No man. You are missing the whole point. It's not complicated. Auburn boosters were making this hire well before they hired John Cohen to stand up behind the podium and smile. Cohen is a puppet in all this. Auburn boosters wanted Freeze last time when their AD hired harsin. That's why the AD and Harsin were both fired.
    OK. Nice to know you know the innerworkings of the Auburn athletic department. I thought the AD selects the Head Football Coach. I know the boosters have some input, but I didn't know Cohen was a puppet in the hiring. Was he also a puppet when our boosters hired Moorhead?