Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
Weather and Thanksgiving are certainly factors, but I think it's more that nobody wants to go up there and watch us get embarrassed by them. When we clearly have a better team, we show up well. I don't think most of our fans thought we would win last Thursday and they decided to stay home with family. Just look at this board for example. I can't count the times posters have commented about being "done" with Leach or the football program all while praising Kiffin and OM this season. The biggest difference between State and other SEC football fans is that other teams love college football and are absolutely crazy about their football teams. State fans like football but we're not crazy obsessed with it. Kinda the opposite can be said about baseball. We are in baseball what other fans are in football. Whether it's attendance or NIL money, State fans just don't care as much about football.
The difference is we're "realistic" in football. Which means running down our team accomplishments while praising whatever is at Ole Miss.