Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forbes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    So you don't think Youn or Anderson should risk their health for the iron bowl since they are realistically out of the playoffs? Why is a bowl game any more or less meaningful than regular season games after a conference and national championship are off the table? I'm not going to bash players that don't play. But I don't understand why they wouldn't extend that logic into their last year on campus.
    They still have a shot at the playoffs so it makes sense why they would keep playing, since they want to win a title.

Let me ask you this, if you were appointed guardian of Will Anderson and you had a fiduciary duty to him and his family, and you had confirmation from as many NFL teams that you wanted that he was a sure fire top 5 pick as of today, and Bama misses the playoffs and goes to the Sugar Bowl to play Texas, and Will Anderson came to you and asked "what is in my family's best interests regarding playing in the bowl game?"

What would you tell him?

You would tell him to go play and risk it blowing out a knee on the artificial turf of the Superdome? You would tell him to risk it? What rational basis would you give him? If he had a young wife and child, would that change your mind?

If you have a winning lottery ticket in your pocket worth 20 million, do you wait a week to cash it in, and during that week do you put the ticket through the wash? I mean, the ticket will probably be fine, but would you do that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    They still have a shot at the playoffs so it makes sense why they would keep playing, since they want to win a title.

Let me ask you this, if you were appointed guardian of Will Anderson and you had a fiduciary duty to him and his family, and you had confirmation from as many NFL teams that you wanted that he was a sure fire top 5 pick as of today, and Bama misses the playoffs and goes to the Sugar Bowl to play Texas, and Will Anderson came to you and asked "what is in my family's best interests regarding playing in the bowl game?"

What would you tell him?

You would tell him to go play and risk it blowing out a knee on the artificial turf of the Superdome? You would tell him to risk it? What rational basis would you give him? If he had a young wife and child, would that change your mind?

If you have a winning lottery ticket in your pocket worth 20 million, do you wait a week to cash it in, and during that week do you put the ticket through the wash? I mean, the ticket will probably be fine, but would you do that?
    I just remember that runner from SC who was predicted to be a high draft pick and Spurrier left him in one play. It was against us and he tore his knee up. And that RB from OH ST who tore his knee up in a bowl game Willis Mcghee/ Now he was playing in the NC game so he had to play. But in a meaningless game hell no and outside of the CFP they are not what they used to be..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I just remember that runner from SC who was predicted to be a high draft pick and Spurrier left him in one play. It was against us and he tore his knee up. And that RB from OH ST who tore his knee up in a bowl game Willis Mcghee/ Now he was playing in the NC game so he had to play. But in a meaningless game hell no and outside of the CFP they are not what they used to be..
    Jaylon Smith from ND is the best example. He was predicted to be a top 5-10 draft pick.

He blew out his knee in the Fiesta Bowl. He ended up being drafted in the 2nd round and his contract was approximately 10 million dollars less than Jack Conklin drafted 8th overall.

Brian Kelly sure as hell didn't make up the difference.