Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is the holdup on the contract?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Oh I completely understand that. But you made it sound like Oklahoma is a better job. I might agree at the moment, but they are moving to the SEC so that negates that situation.
    Well I do think it's a better job too. I'm not sure the move to the SEC will change that either. It would take a significant decade long downturn to drop their level of prestige to Tenn level. Lol. It's a better job and will be considered that for a while. The move, if they adapt, could raise their level up some more too.

vCash
    Pretty equivalent programs imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Pretty equivalent programs imo
    In what way? National titles? No. CFP appearances? No. All time wins? No. Money? No. National prestige? No

I'm not saying the gap is like us vs Bama or anything but it's a National blue blood more so than Tenn
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 11-28-2022 at 01:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    In what way? National titles? No. CFP appearances? No. All time wins? No. Money? No. National prestige? No
    All I got is that Tennessee is 100x nicer place to live and Tennessee will be whipping Oklahoma's ass when they get in the SEC.
    I can't argue with everything else you posted though. Lol

This thread got off topic!!!! Lane still hasn't signed a contract.

vCash
    All I got is that Tennessee is 100x nicer place to live and Tennessee will be whipping Oklahoma's ass when they get in the SEC.

Lol true!! I do think he's waiting on either all of the dominoes to fall or the IHL is again pushing back on the contract, like they have done in the past when UM has tried this.

vCash

I'm not saying the gap is like us vs Bama or anything but it's a National blue blood more so than Tenn
    OU claims 7 titles- Tenn 6

Tenn won it in 1998 and OU in 2000

They are the same program with each having 1 title the last 25 years
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I gotta defend Lame

Lame has always been the spoiled child of a really good NFL coach. He grew up in a football house and obviously knows football. He searched out fame and notoriety. He's a cocky mf'er. Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

He has matured and his kids are having an influence on him now. It would have been easy to take the huge contract from Auburn and chase the title. It's what he craves. But he didnt. He listened to his kids that he loves who are happy being with him around Grenada Without The Lake. While I'm bothered why the kids gravitate toward him instead of Layla- that raises many questions- but they do.

Kiffin is going to be Mississippi's Dan Mullen
    I would bet a lot of money that he is not

vCash

OU has 7 legit titles AP / BCS. Tenn has 2

OU has several more they could claim but don't since the were not major polls although recognized. I think it's another 10 but again they were not AP or UPI
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 11-28-2022 at 02:06 PM.

vCash
    In what way?
    Money. Resources. Facilities. Recruiting.

National titles in the old days don't matter. Colorado and BYU have those. TN and OK both have 1 national title in the modern era.

vCash
    Money. Resources. Facilities. Recruiting.

National titles in the old days don't matter. Colorado and BYU have those. TN and OK both have 1 national title in the modern era.
    Have you seen Oklahoma's facilities? Look, again it's not like this huge gap but nationally is has more prestige in football. It just does. Even in modern times they have been a Top 10 team many times more than Tenn. When both are at their peak they can win big but Oklahoma has a better pipeline to recruits to be more consistent and that's been proven over the last 25 years. When they get to the SEC we will see how they adapt and if it continues.

vCash
    Have you seen Oklahoma's facilities? Look, again it's not like this huge gap but nationally is has more prestige in football. It just does. Even in modern times they have been a Top 10 team many times more than Tenn. When both are at their peak they can win big but Oklahoma has a better pipeline to recruits to be more consistent and that's been proven over the last 25 years. When they get to the SEC we will see how they adapt and if it continues.
    All that has been proven over the past 25 years is that OK had Stoops and Riley, two A list coaches while TN hired dumpster fire after dumpster fire.

Can certainly be argued OK is a better job, and can be argued TN is. They are on the same second tier level.

vCash
    All that has been proven over the past 25 years is that OK had Stoops and Riley, two A list coaches while TN hired dumpster fire after dumpster fire.

Can certainly be argued OK is a better job, and can be argued TN is. They are on the same second tier level.
    I can see that. You can say that about a lot of schools too though. After Bama and OSU I have another mix of schools like OU then Tenn is in the next tier. Just hard to put Tenn that high for me when you have 4 other SEC schools better programs over the last 2 decades.

Banned
    vCash

Oklahoma is literally a blue blood and UTk is new old money.

OU is in the group with Bama, ND, USC, Texsa, anOSU, Michigan. They are top 3 blue blood in the SEC. Georgia, Tenn, Florida, Auburn, LSU are historically a notch lower.

Now... this does not mean that OU will be great in the SEC. They got tough sledding ahead to stop themselves from being an Auburn type. But it's silly to act like they aren't one of the Blue Blood 7. ND hasn't won since 1988 and no one is saying they ain't.

vCash

Not to be minimzed - the Knoxville metro has 5 Target stores.

vCash
    It's a done deal...until next year, lol.

vCash
    next year, he will be going to ...... A&M?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    next year, he will be going to ...... A&M?
    Makes you wonder. Maybe Sexton whispered in his ear to wait a year.

I know Dan did some goofy stuff late in the season but Lane has him beat with this. If I'm an ole miss fan I'm not happy b/c this shit show comes back around next November.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    It's a done deal...until next year, lol.

How did they get around the 4 year law?

vCash
    Oklahoma is a much better traditional program than Tennessee, and it's not really close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    How did they get around the 4 year law?
    I read somewhere that they were doing it out of their private foundation, so it did not have to follow the law.