Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the holdup on the contract?

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I gotta defend Lame

Lame has always been the spoiled child of a really good NFL coach. He grew up in a football house and obviously knows football. He searched out fame and notoriety. He's a cocky mf'er. Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

He has matured and his kids are having an influence on him now. It would have been easy to take the huge contract from Auburn and chase the title. It's what he craves. But he didnt. He listened to his kids that he loves who are happy being with him around Grenada Without The Lake. While I'm bothered why the kids gravitate toward him instead of Layla- that raises many questions- but they do.

Kiffin is going to be Mississippi's Dan Mullen
    The deal with the kids is probably more to do with being able to live more of a rockstar type lifestyle with dad and everyone knowing who you are. Knox is living every kid that ages dream life right now. He's surrounded by superstar athletes that include him in everything. The daughter seems to like the smaller town Oxford life and all that affords her as far as popularity and groups of friends. In their position, most kids that age would want to be on TV weekly with their superstar dad. Can't really knock them for that. And with dads position, they are a private jet ride back to mom anytime they want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    The deal with the kids is probably more to do with being able to live more of a rockstar type lifestyle with dad and everyone knowing who you are. Knox is living every kid that ages dream life right now. He's surrounded by superstar athletes that include him in everything. The daughter seems to like the smaller town Oxford life and all that affords her as far as popularity and groups of friends. In their position, most kids that age would want to be on TV weekly with their superstar dad. Can't really knock them for that. And with dads position, they are a private jet ride back to mom anytime they want.
    Agreed. It's not hard to see why they "gravitate" toward him. He controls the purse strings and gives them a lifestyle few kids can experience. Further, a narcissist with money can make their ex's life a living hell if so desired.

vCash
    It's a good thing that Lane taught Knox how to operate a fire extinguisher considering the bridges Lane has and will burn in the future along with the other fires he is bound to set as he walks out the door

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    It's a good thing that Lane taught Knox how to operate a fire extinguisher considering the bridges Lane has and will burn in the future along with the other fires he is bound to set as he walks out the door
    REP GIVEN!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Lane won't be hurting for money at any point in his life, even if no one beside OM will hire him. I still don't think it's impossible that he doesn't show up at Auburn soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    Exactly. As long as he instills at least a bit of a sense of normality in the kids.

vCash
    Since we are talking about the Knox kid, what was the deal with the sweat towel from Rogers? Rogers gave him the towel after the game then Kiffin posted a picture with Knox and Heath and it looked ripped. Also mentioned Altmyer where you from?

Did the kid tear up the towel ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Since we are talking about the Knox kid, what was the deal with the sweat towel from Rogers? Rogers gave him the towel after the game then Kiffin posted a picture with Knox and Heath and it looked ripped. Also mentioned Altmyer where you from?

Knox messaged Will before the game and asked for the towel. Kiffin even mentioned it and talked about Will's class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Knox messaged Will before the game and asked for the towel. Kiffin even mentioned it and talked about Will's class.
    Will is a great dude.

vCash

Knox asked for the towel early in the week and Kiffin had a little fun with it. The picture of the towel torn was tweeted by Kiffin a few hours before the game and Knox was sitting with Heath and Altmyer which I'm guessing he thought was cute since Heath transferred and Altmyer is from Starkville.
    Will did give the kid the towel on the field after the game and Kiffin was gracious regarding Will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Yes I am aware of all that. But my question is did the kid destroy it? I will try and find the tweet of it torn up.

vCash
    Read the time stamp from twitter in that. That was before the game.

vCash
    So the one Rogers gave him was to replace it?

Just trying to make heads or tails of it.

vCash
    Can you imagine how many heads would explode if he pulled the ole "gottcha" and ended up taking another job after all that has transpired?
    The meltdown would be epic!
    Please, for no other reason than that, Lane, take another job this week!
    Pass me the popcorn!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    So the one Rogers gave him was to replace it?

Just trying to make heads or tails of it.
    I think you reading too much into it. I'm not sure but I think he actually had asked Will for his earlier than that but not sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    Can you imagine how many heads would explode if he pulled the ole "gottcha" and ended up taking another job after all that has transpired?
    The meltdown would be epic!
    Please, for no other reason than that, Lane, take another job this week!
    Pass me the popcorn!
    C34 mentioned Lanning interested in AU job. Which could mean Lane jumps on the Oregon job.

I don't buy the kids and family BS line about him staying. He hasn't signed the extension yet. If he was all in with his kids that ink would have been dried long ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    C34 mentioned Lanning interested in AU job. Which could mean Lane jumps on the Oregon job.

I don't buy the kids and family BS line about him staying. He hasn't signed the extension yet. If he was all in with his kids that ink would have been dried long ago.
    ^^^This^^^
    He's still looking at options with his agent. No doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Normally I wouldnt either but Lame has a kid thats about to start school at Mississippi
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Normally I wouldnt either but Lame has a kid thats about to start school at Mississippi
    So, what's holding him up? My kid's come first. I've been in this situation and didn't think twice about it. And isn't Moorhead's daughter going to State?