Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saw a tweet where Ole Miss was bragging about their NIL vs ours....

vCash
    One of their prominent cult leaders on Twitter(Tucker Italiano) is already predicting 10-2 next season. I spit out my drink.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    They'll be lucky to win 7

vCash
    Stewart Mandel called Kiffin?s $9 million contract <Blue Blood> money. More like Blood Money!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Stewart Mandel called Kiffin?s $9 million contract <Blue Blood> money. More like Blood Money!
    Imagine spending Cadillac money and getting a Toyota Camry. Couldn't be me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Great Post CD....... OM is probably the only school in the country that would give Kiffin an alleged 8 year (if the extra 4 years legally holds up ) at $9+ million a year contract. Auburn sure didn't. Going from top 10 to not ranked sure didn't help Kiffin's value on trying to get this pie in the sky 8 to 10 year contract that Kiffin and Sexton wanted either other than from OM. Actually now I think Kiffin and Sexton may actually have played OM like a expertly tuned piano and used Auburn to get what they wanted from OM. This may not be the case, but as more things show up it appears that could be a possibility. It was said that family was a major factor for him staying at OM and family had been mentioned even when the Kiffin to Auburn rumors started.
    The extra four years never held up. It was revealed almost immediately, once the window dressing and big words were stripped back, to be nothing more than a pledge from their private foundation to pay him in years 5 through 8 if he's still employed at that time. So absolutely nothing of substance for either party, just a bunch of hot air for perception. This might have set the new mark for the most Ole Miss thing ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    The extra four years never held up. It was revealed almost immediately, once the window dressing and big words were stripped back, to be nothing more than a pledge from their private foundation to pay him in years 5 through 8 if he's still employed at that time. So absolutely nothing of substance for either party, just a bunch of hot air for perception. This might have set the new mark for the most Ole Miss thing ever.
    How would that effect buyout he he desides to leave?

vCash
    Seems like there would have to be 2 documents that have to be agreed on. I don't see how the foundation money for years over 4 could be included in the language of the state contract. It would be a separate contract with the foundation? And I'm guessing both documents would have to include buyout figures in case Ole Miss fires him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    How would that effect buyout he he desides to leave?
    I don't think it does. From how it's been described to me, the four additional years is literally nothing more than "we pinky promise we'll pay you if you're still here."

vCash
    What will the buyout be?

Lane could break their bank in a couple years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    How do they know how much money we have in NIL. Hell we don't even know. I be surprised if that guy has contributed to their NIL.
    I have generally found that he who raves the most does the least, so very fitting for the "POS" in Oxford playing on diddie's money.

vCash
    Another off-the-field victory for the Rebels. Congrats to them!

vCash
    This will be their new rally cry "but 10 million dollars!!!!" while still not beating anyone good

vCash
    NIL surpassed their weekend goal of $50,000 and is at $80,000 and expecting more to come in. I repeat this is a weekend goal. I joined a few months ago and I'm looking to up my contribution. I just think it's more important than the Bulldog Club right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    NIL surpassed their weekend goal of $50,000 and is at $80,000 and expecting more to come in. I repeat this is a weekend goal. I joined a few months ago and I'm looking to up my contribution. I just think it's more important than the Bulldog Club right now.
    Thread with more details on Sixpack. One anonymous donor matched the first $30K raised. With this reached another donor matched the next $10K. Over $80K and growing. Charlie has a post in the thread. Hail State!

vCash
    Thanks....So actually it is just a promise to pay him 5 through 8. So it has been promoted as an 8 year contract, with years 5-8 paid with private foundation funding but actually it's still just a 4 year legal contract with a promise to pay him from the private foundation ((if they want too) if he is still there (which I highly doubt he will be)... Interesting. Maybe that's why he hasn't signed yet? Well, its an attempt to circumvent MS State Law no matter how they try to spin it.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-28-2022 at 12:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    What Ole Miss can't grasp is that they have been paying players more than Mississippi State since forever and the two programs have been even for 30 years.
    I know it would take some flukish shit to happen for Mississippi State to win a national championship in football. It will be more possible with a 12 team playoff but still a long shot.
    Ole Miss thinks it's their destiny and every year they try to convince themselves that the pieces are falling perfectly into place. They convinced themselves Nutt was going to do it, then Freeze, then Kiffin and now they've moved on to NIL and convinced themselves they are going to buy a championship.
    This is why I keep saying NIL will help some teams but in the end only so much money and so many players that it will not separate most teams regardless of how much money is given. Again look at TAMU or TX or name the big money schools out there for years can't buy wins or championships.

Get the good players with the right attitudes and who want to be at our school and you'll see really good on field results, like we have many times in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Guy said "we spent more on Jell-O shots at the CWS than MSU raised in NIL this weekend"...
    Two words for that ascot-wearing frat boy. Scoreboard, bitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Two words for that ascot-wearing frat boy. Scoreboard, bitch.
    Mentally Deficient

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    One of their prominent cult leaders on Twitter(Tucker Italiano) is already predicting 10-2 next season. I spit out my drink.
    That's funny........So, he's predicting they will only lose to GA and us? lol