Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw a tweet where Ole Miss was bragging about their NIL vs ours....

vCash

Saw a tweet where Ole Miss was bragging about their NIL vs ours....

Guy said "we spent more on Jell-O shots at the CWS than MSU raised in NIL this weekend"...

Let me tell y'all something. Ole Miss is so insecure about being a small fry in this league. And they hate the fact that State is able to accomplish as much or more than them in every sport despite them having a little more money than us. They are the people that will go in to overdraft in their bank account in order to keep up with the Joneses. They all have penis envy over the programs that have more, so they will do anything to be mentioned in the same breath with them. They think if they say they're upper echelon enough, it will become true. Meanwhile they all go back home after spending their dinner money for the next week on their Grooooove setup and chandelier, and take out loans so they can keep up their image of having money. Their whole program is built on I Owe You's. Just like the Kiffin contract...they went totally into panic mode trying to prove they could outbid Auburn, and they ended up paying financially irresponsible money to a guy that just went 8-4 and lost 4 of 5, and to a guy that historically can't beat his rival. It's comical.

But once again they have managed to flip their own Croot, overpay for what they're getting, and use it as a way to beat their chest and say "see, we're a big boy!"...

vCash
    Well maybe if they'd spend less time on getting shit faced in public off Jell-O shots and more time trying to build a solid team from the ground up they wouldn't have seasons like this.

vCash
    Perfect gif.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Great post, CD! One of best ever and captures them perfectly! Same as it's been forever, us blue collar vs their white collar.

vCash
    They thrive on 3 things: 1. Recruiting rank (The actual position needs of the team don't matter. Just chase stars.) 2. Win the party (Who cares about the outcome of the game? Just have the broadcasters mention the grove and the food in town multiple times during each broadcast.) 3. Win the press conference (Come up with some cheesy slogan for every sports program every year, come up with flashy theme songs/nicknames for coaches and provide distractions for on the field failures)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Well maybe if they'd spend less time on getting shit faced in public off Jell-O shots and more time trying to build a solid team from the ground up they wouldn't have seasons like this.
    This^^^^^^

vCash
    Saw it too. Here he is. Light 'em up...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Saw it too. Here he is. Light 'em up...

I had fun with this dude...thin skinned frat boy...

vCash
    How do they know how much money we have in NIL. Hell we don't even know. I be surprised if that guy has contributed to their NIL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    And yet we won a CWS first, we are ranked in football and they are not and our basketball team is rolling. I guess it's cool to brag about spending money and yet not getting better results but of course that's their whole mentality, I'm cool because I spend more than you 😂
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Awesome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Exactly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Guy said "we spent more on Jell-O shots at the CWS than MSU raised in NIL this weekend"...
    Actually, he could be right. They drink a lot, you know ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    How do they know how much money we have in NIL. Hell we don't even know. I be surprised if that guy has contributed to their NIL.
    I was actually curious if this data was available, but I doubt this is public knowledge. I might be out of the loop on something but I don’t get the Jell-O shot reference. Is this something to do with fan support? Because I’m pretty sure we had more fans their for our title than they did

vCash
    I’m skeptical of their $10 Million NIL claim. The graphic they published said 2023.

I think that was pledges to lure in a new coach last week when they thought Lane was leaving.

Not saying they don’t have the ability to round up that kind of cash, what with all those crooked lawyers and big$$ doctors, but it reeked of future finances that may or may not be followed through on. Either way, we are behind, for sure.

vCash
    What Ole Miss can't grasp is that they have been paying players more than Mississippi State since forever and the two programs have been even for 30 years.
    I know it would take some flukish shit to happen for Mississippi State to win a national championship in football. It will be more possible with a 12 team playoff but still a long shot.
    Ole Miss thinks it's their destiny and every year they try to convince themselves that the pieces are falling perfectly into place. They convinced themselves Nutt was going to do it, then Freeze, then Kiffin and now they've moved on to NIL and convinced themselves they are going to buy a championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

Let me tell y'all something. Ole Miss is so insecure about being a small fry in this league. And they hate the fact that State is able to accomplish as much or more than them in every sport despite them having a little more money than us. They are the people that will go in to overdraft in their bank account in order to keep up with the Joneses. They all have penis envy over the programs that have more, so they will do anything to be mentioned in the same breath with them. They think if they say they're upper echelon enough, it will become true. Meanwhile they all go back home after spending their dinner money for the next week on their Grooooove setup and chandelier, and take out loans so they can keep up their image of having money. Their whole program is built on I Owe You's. Just like the Kiffin contract...they went totally into panic mode trying to prove they could outbid Auburn, and they ended up paying financially irresponsible money to a guy that just went 8-4 and lost 4 of 5, and to a guy that historically can't beat his rival. It's comical.

But once again they have managed to flip their own Croot, overpay for what they're getting, and use it as a way to beat their chest and say "see, we're a big boy!"...

And we finish in the top 25 and they finish unranked. ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I was actually curious if this data was available, but I doubt this is public knowledge. I might be out of the loop on something but I don’t get the Jell-O shot reference. Is this something to do with fan support? Because I’m pretty sure we had more fans their for our title than they did
    Jello shots at Rocco's across the street from the stadium in Omaha

vCash
    Great Post CD....... OM is probably the only school in the country that would give Kiffin an alleged 8 year (if the extra 4 years legally holds up ) at $9+ million a year contract. Auburn sure didn't. Going from top 10 to not ranked sure didn't help Kiffin's value on trying to get this pie in the sky 8 to 10 year contract that Kiffin and Sexton wanted either other than from OM. Actually now I think Kiffin and Sexton may actually have played OM like a expertly tuned piano and used Auburn to get what they wanted from OM. This may not be the case, but as more things show up it appears that could be a possibility. It was said that family was a major factor for him staying at OM and family had been mentioned even when the Kiffin to Auburn rumors started.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-27-2022 at 04:09 PM.