Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Word on the AUFamily board is that Freeze is out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Can you even fathom the level of melt if Kiffin bolts for Auburn after all that's transpired the last several days?
    That would be epic.

vCash
    I've got a few connected Auburn buddies that really like Brian Johnson. His name has been mentioned to me by them a couple different times over the past few weeks.

They've also said (and I know some folks always say this) that if Freeze is the guy they are done with Auburn football.

But keep an eye on Brian Johnson. I know a lot of us liked him but what he's done with Jalen Hurts and his background in college has made him an interesting under the radar guy that knows how to coach the QB position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Can you even fathom the level of melt if Kiffin bolts for Auburn after all that's transpired the last several days?
    Oh yes. Just give it another day or two and it'll be right when they've all talked themselves into still wanting him after all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I've got a few connected Auburn buddies that really like Brian Johnson. His name has been mentioned to me by them a couple different times over the past few weeks.

They've also said (and I know some folks always say this) that if Freeze is the guy they are done with Auburn football.

But keep an eye on Brian Johnson. I know a lot of us liked him but what he's done with Jalen Hurts and his background in college has made him an interesting under the radar guy that knows how to coach the QB position.
    Not sure I'd credit johnson over Sirianni on hurts.

And as a state fan, I fully support them going johnson over freeze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not sure I'd credit johnson over Sirianni on hurts.

And as a state fan, I fully support them going johnson over freeze.
    Me too!! I support!!!

vCash
    Johnson would be a good hire, but it would be extremely underwhelming for Auburn fans. No chance they allow Cohen to walk in and drop a turd right out of the gate. They may spend a billion dollars to lure someone in just so Cohen doesn't botch this with the spotlight on them.

I would honestly laugh for about a day straight if they came back and offered Kiffin $12 mil per year at 10 years, and left the confederates spinning in their tears trying to figure out how to hate him again. Would be next level glorious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Johnson would be a good hire, but it would be extremely underwhelming for Auburn fans. No chance they allow Cohen to walk in and drop a turd right out of the gate. They may spend a billion dollars to lure someone in just so Cohen doesn't botch this with the spotlight on them.

I would honestly laugh for about a day straight if they came back and offered Kiffin $12 mil per year at 10 years, and left the confederates spinning in their tears trying to figure out how to hate him again. Would be next level glorious
    This is the actual sticking point I believe between Auburn and Kiffin / Sexton...nobody wants to be stuck with another Jimbo contract. I think Auburn is good with 6-7 years, the UM 8 year deal was a publicity fallacy and already moved to 6 years, which faces problems with state just like the other times they've tried to get those longer contracts signed in the past. I think schools are gun shy going that long in terms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    This is the actual sticking point I believe between Auburn and Kiffin / Sexton...nobody wants to be stuck with another Jimbo contract. I think Auburn is good with 6-7 years, the UM 8 year deal was a publicity fallacy and already moved to 6 years, which faces problems with state just like the other times they've tried to get those longer contracts signed in the past. I think schools are gun shy going that long in terms.
    A public university in Mississippi can only offer and employee a 4 year contract. So when he signs the papers with Ole Miss it will be for 4 years. How the Confederates figure the structure in the additional 4 years, short of setting some sort of auto rollover from year to year, who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    A public university in Mississippi can only offer and employee a 4 year contract. So when he signs the papers with Ole Miss it will be for 4 years. How the Confederates figure the structure in the additional 4 years, short of setting some sort of auto rollover from year to year, who knows.
    I know and they have tried this before for it to be shot down by the state.

vCash

That would be hilarious. He hated the recruiting side of things. That would be a Joe Judge type hire.
    Can't see it happening. AU isn't going to accept that.

vCash
    I know and they have tried this before for it to be shot down by the state.
    You gotta think the reason Ole Miss hasn't announced Kiffin signing is that Sexton is waiting to see if this is allowed by the state.
    It would be hilarious if Kiffin ends up leaving and blames it on Ole Miss for ****ing up the contract offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    You gotta think the reason Ole Miss hasn't announced Kiffin signing is that Sexton is waiting to see if this is allowed by the state.
    It would be hilarious if Kiffin ends up leaving and blames it on Ole Miss for ****ing up the contract offer.
    Could be or he is using it for leverage with another school. I mean Sexton has the majority of the coaches so he really has the best idea of what moves are really happening between schools and coaches. Maybe there is another opportunity for Kiffin somewhere we don't even know yet. Until it's official, nothing is official no matter what the media reports. They are tools for both parties to use as well.

vCash
    Jimbo saved his job last night. I don’t really see a bigger opening for Kiffin than Auburn this year. Not a lot of major openings this year and there probably won’t be next year either outside maybe Oklahoma barring a terrible year from Texas. Miami made a mistake not hiring Kiffin. I don’t think Cristobal is the answer there.

vCash
    Could be or he is using it for leverage with another school. I mean Sexton has the majority of the coaches so he really has the best idea of what moves are really happening between schools and coaches. Maybe there is another opportunity for Kiffin somewhere we don't even know yet. Until it's official, nothing is official no matter what the media reports. They are tools for both parties to use as well.
    How does sexton not have a conflict of interest when he has two clients up for the same job? I'm guessing he gets them to sign a conflict waiver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    How does sexton not have a conflict of interest when he has two clients up for the same job? I'm guessing he gets them to sign a conflict waiver.
    I mean it's ultimately up to the school who they hire. Both sides will go through him to set things up, schools to gauge who may be interested and coaches to get him to help them. No different than athletes at the same position with the same agent looking at the same team. Although Sexton nearly has a monopoly with coaches.

vCash
    The lane train is stationed at Om and Auburn is not interested anymore, Auburn didn't think Kiffin was such a hot commodity now as OM does. OM allegedly got Kiffin the 8 year contract he wanted but it is circumventing MS State Law if it holds water, but why would OM care if they are circumventing state law.

Freeze could still be hired if Auburn wanted him but with all the emails the athletic department supposedly received saying they wouldn't be attending football games, supporting the program, etc. it looks highly doubtful that Auburn will go down that road. It's kinda funny it was said that the media contacted some of Auburn's top high school recruits about hiring Freeze and they didn't even know who he was but they knew who Coach Prime was.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-27-2022 at 01:27 PM.

vCash
    Here's an out of left field name for Auburn.

What about Clay Helton?

Has Georgia Southern going bowling this year. Played at Auburn from 1990-1992. Has HC experience at a big program and knows this area pretty well.

Would that be looked upon as a bad hire?

vCash
    Here's an out of left field name for Auburn.

What about Clay Helton?

Has Georgia Southern going bowling this year. Played at Auburn from 1990-1992. Has HC experience at a big program and knows this area pretty well.

Would that be looked upon as a bad hire?
    James Franklin is a possible name floating around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    James Franklin is a possible name floating around.
    That would be a strong hire

vCash
    If Franklin is leaving Penn State, Stanford would be a much more logical destination than Auburn, I think.