Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Put a fork in the Citrus Bowl

vCash
    Kentucky is all but locked in to Nashville
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The 247 crew is tentatively expecting the Gator Bowl, hopefully against Notre Dame.
    I'm not feeling the warm and fuzzies about the gator.

vCash
    We are requesting the gator bowl because the opponent is going to be Notre dame and it?s on a Friday instead of a Monday when everyone has to go to work the next day (Outback/reliaquest). The problem is that South Carolina has Tampa fatigue and they want to go to Jacksonville too and their fanbase is going to travel much better than ours. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I would rather play notre dame in Jacksonville on a Friday than Illinois in Tampa on a Monday, but Tampa weather will be much nicer. Our crowd will definitely be much better in Jacksonville just because of the date and opponent though.
    And thus, why I don't feel good about the gator.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    And thus, why I don't feel good about the gator.
    Yea other than the opponent I would much rather go to Tampa. Much better location. The date kind of sucks for a lot of people in Tampa, but for me personally I’m gonna be able to make it. According to David Murray, the South Carolina administration wants Tampa but the fanbase is vehemently against going back to Tampa again so they are gonna request Gator bowl as their #1 and they will for sure get it. I don’t see the conference letting anyone jump us for Tampa. Ole Miss just went to Tampa 2 years ago and we are a more attractive bowl opponent. They aren’t going to allow a 6 loss florida to jump us in my opinion.

vCash
    Illinois in Tampa is meh

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Illinois in Tampa is meh
    The matchup is meh but the city and trip if you decide to go is the best thing available in my opinion. I’d much rather be somewhere it’s 80 degrees than 50, but that’s just me. If you aren’t going to the game then yea it’s meh.

vCash
    The matchup is meh but the city and trip if you decide to go is the best thing available in my opinion. I’d much rather be somewhere it’s 80 degrees than 50, but that’s just me. If you aren’t going to the game then yea it’s meh.
    Other than the game I enjoyed the Outback Bowl. Definitely one of the better bowl trips I've been on.

Would definitely go back.

It's not that far from Orlando if some of our fans want to do Disney/Universal.

Tampa was pretty cool. Ybor City was nice except for those chickens running around everywhere.