Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Put a fork in the Citrus Bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Where are we now in bowl projections?

Who knows .... the citrus picks and then the sec and schools get together to determine who goes to which "pool of six"

So in other words the sec views the pool six as all the same. My guess, given State fans poor attendance, it will be Houston. Since we played in Memphis last year.

vCash
    I?ve given up on beating Bama until something changes. But my next two is win the EB (BIG TY Arnett) and CML please PLEASE don?t embarrass us like last year?s bowl......PLEASE!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    I?ve given up on beating Bama until something changes. But my next two is win the EB (BIG TY Arnett) and CML please PLEASE don?t embarrass us like last year?s bowl......PLEASE!!
    Lol

Thanks for the garbage post

vCash
    Just a few updated bowl projections:
    CBS: Gator vs. Notre Dame (Would definitely go!)
    247 Sports: Vegas vs. UCLA (Would definitely TRY to go! Getting back to Port Canaveral on a cruise the morning of the game so would have to re-book flights.)
    Yahoo Sports: Texas vs. OK State

vCash
    So, u think the Liberty bowl loss was on the Pirate? Do u remember how many players were hurt or opted out for that game? 9-10 if I remember correctly. No way that loss was on the coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    So, u think the Liberty bowl loss was on the Pirate? Do u remember how many players were hurt or opted out for that game? 9-10 if I remember correctly. No way that loss was on the coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Just a few updated bowl projections:
    CBS: Gator vs. Notre Dame (Would definitely go!)
    247 Sports: Vegas vs. UCLA (Would definitely TRY to go! Getting back to Port Canaveral on a cruise the morning of the game so would have to re-book flights.)
    Yahoo Sports: Texas vs. OK State
    College football news just said Texas bowl okie state

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Lol

Thanks for the garbage post
    So you were proud of last years bowl game performance?

I don't know a Bulldog who wants to repeat that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Shouldn't have choked against LSU
    Correct. All we had to do was handle business against LSU or Kentucky and we aren?t talking about this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    So you were proud of last years bowl game performance?

I don't know a Bulldog who wants to repeat that.
    If you take 16 players away we couldn’t beat southern miss dipshit, neither could most teams not named Alabama and Georgia

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If South Carolina and lsu would have done what they were predicted to do we were 100 % locked in to the citrus, but they didn’t do here we are.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Where are we now in bowl projections?
    The 247 crew is tentatively expecting the Gator Bowl, hopefully against Notre Dame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The 247 crew is tentatively expecting the Gator Bowl, hopefully against Notre Dame.
    Thanks

vCash
    del

vCash
    If State goes to Houston, Ole Miss better be in the Liberty. The Texas is the prime time game after the Liberty. That already means a team with no more than 7 wins got the Gator if its LSU Citrus and UCock Tampa.

Why even entertain the Vegas bowl? Its a full week before Christmas and should be hosting a 6-6 Arky or 6-6 Gator. That is 13 days after the bowl announcements, little time to prepare

vCash
    LSU probably in Citrus Bowl after their performance against aTm, although I’m not sure who the 12th big would go too. LSU and Kstate are the 3 highest 3 loss teams. They both probably lose their conference title game. I can’t see a 4 loss team going to the NY6 but it might happen if they pick one or them over 3 loss Pac 12 Utah, UCLA, Oregon teams
    Playoff: UGA, Michigan, TCU, Ohio St
    Other NY6: Washington, Bama, Tenn, Tulane, USC, Clemson, Penn State and ?

I still think that plays into our bowl game. If LSU does sneak in there then it should put us in the Outback and USCe in Citrus. If LSU doesn’t go NY6 we fall to one of the lower tier bowls. I’m pretty sure Outback still gets next best behind Citrus

vCash
    Fla State would move up to 12 if K-State and Utah both lose
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    LSU probably in Citrus Bowl after their performance against aTm, although I’m not sure who the 12th big would go too. LSU and Kstate are the 3 highest 3 loss teams. They both probably lose their conference title game. I can’t see a 4 loss team going to the NY6 but it might happen if they pick one or them over 3 loss Pac 12 Utah, UCLA, Oregon teams
    Playoff: UGA, Michigan, TCU, Ohio St
    Other NY6: Washington, Bama, Tenn, Tulane, USC, Clemson, Penn State and ?

I still think that plays into our bowl game. If LSU does sneak in there then it should put us in the Outback and USCe in Citrus. If LSU doesn’t go NY6 we fall to one of the lower tier bowls. I’m pretty sure Outback still gets next best behind Citrus
    We are requesting the gator bowl because the opponent is going to be Notre dame and it’s on a Friday instead of a Monday when everyone has to go to work the next day (Outback/reliaquest). The problem is that South Carolina has Tampa fatigue and they want to go to Jacksonville too and their fanbase is going to travel much better than ours. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I would rather play notre dame in Jacksonville on a Friday than Illinois in Tampa on a Monday, but Tampa weather will be much nicer. Our crowd will definitely be much better in Jacksonville just because of the date and opponent though.

vCash
    If they end up bumping Bama into the playoffs where do we land. Because that’s what everyone is talking about. Also…will Vandy go to a bowl game with 5 wins and high GPA?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Update: looks like South Carolina is going to request Gator Bowl because their fans are tired of going to Tampa and they want to play Notre Dame. Expect the gator bowl to also request South Carolina. That matchup is now likely. That will more than likely put us in Tampa to play Illinois in the reliaquest bowl. Our next most likely destination would be Nashville. Third most likely would be Houston.