Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bold prediction: Ole Miss goes 2-10 Next year

Banned
    vCash

Bold prediction: Ole Miss goes 2-10 Next year

Their team is going to be in turmoil this off-season. They are going to struggle early and lose faith. A loss week 2 in the Superdome to Tulane will set them on a downward spiral. A motivated GT team will rally and knock them off week 3. Thus begins the descent. Skull drug at Bama 1-3. LSU punking them 1-4. Arkansas owning them per usual 1-5. A bye to gather their thoughts then losing at Auburn to drop to 1-6. Vandy continues its upward ascent and puts OM officially at rock bottom at 1-7. A&M and Georgia piles on to drum it to 1-9. ULM gives them a dead cat bounce to 2-9. We beat the snot out of them to make it a cool 10 losses.

Now obviously this is exaggeration. But this really smells like 2019 State's schedule for them. A struggle early versus a louisiana team in the superdome. A close non con loss at home to an upstart P5 coach. Early losses to the SEC west top teams. Probably steal the East permanent opponent win at home. Find another win somehow against one of the cratering teams in the West, (maybe A&M or Auburn if their coach hire sucks) and then playing for bowl eligibility in Starkville Thanksgiving night.

Dan Mullen in 2009 said it best, one of these schools is on the upward trajectory.

vCash
    They're not playing Tulane at Yulman?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Their team is going to be in turmoil this off-season. They are going to struggle early and lose faith. A loss week 2 in the Superdome to Tulane will set them on a downward spiral. A motivated GT team will rally and knock them off week 3. Thus begins the descent. Skull drug at Bama 1-3. LSU punking them 1-4. Arkansas owning them per usual 1-5. A bye to gather their thoughts then losing at Auburn to drop to 1-6. Vandy continues its upward ascent and puts OM officially at rock bottom at 1-7. A&M and Georgia piles on to drum it to 1-9. ULM gives them a dead cat bounce to 2-9. We beat the snot out of them to make it a cool 10 losses.

Now obviously this is exaggeration. But this really smells like 2019 State's schedule for them. A struggle early versus a louisiana team in the superdome. A close non con loss at home to an upstart P5 coach. Early losses to the SEC west top teams. Probably steal the East permanent opponent win at home. Find another win somehow against one of the cratering teams in the West, (maybe A&M or Auburn if their coach hire sucks) and then playing for bowl eligibility in Starkville Thanksgiving night.

Dan Mullen in 2009 said it best, one of these schools is on the upward trajectory.
    I love this but

Boy is this an overreaction

I can see ole miss as a 7-5 or 6-6 team next year easily

I?m more focused on us hitting the portal hard for Defensive backs, defensive lineman, and a QB

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They're not playing Tulane at Yulman?
    I just assumed. Saturday day drinking and all that

vCash
    Projecting w/l for teams before signing day/NIL (aka free agency) is dumb

vCash
    Saturday day drinking and all that
    That was obvious by this thread?s headline.

vCash
    Lane burned the bridge before he even crossed it. He's got to repair his rift with the fans and administration.

Honeymoon is over in Oxford. It's going to be a 6-6/7-5 year with the fan base bitching all the way.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Projecting w/l for teams before signing day/NIL (aka free agency) is dumb
    Just because it's dumb doesn't mean it ain't fun. Drinking is dumb. Drinking is fun. I like fun.

vCash
    They have to get a WR or two out of the portal but Jax Dirt will be better next year and so will their RB. 6/7 win team
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

Why do people do this to themselves. Wishing it, isn't going to make it happen. I'm sure you were saying this year they wouldn't win 6. Just stop. Zero chance they only win 2. They still have vandy and 4 non conference and won't get swept on the rest. So.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They have to get a WR or two out of the portal but Jax Dirt will be better next year and so will their RB. 6/7 win team
    Even tho they have a tougher schedule their fan base won't be happy with that. Which is ok by me.

vCash
    6-6

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Why do people do this to themselves. Wishing it, isn't going to make it happen. I'm sure you were saying this year they wouldn't win 6. Just stop. Zero chance they only win 2. They still have vandy and 4 non conference and won't get swept on the rest. So.....
    I said they'd go 7-1 or 8-0 depending on Kentucky then lose out. I was wrong about LSU / A&M as win and loss respectively. It's two days after Egg Bowl. I'm gonna talk cash shit for a while. Why not celebrate being Egg Bowl champs and enjoy it?

I even said in my post that realistically they are gonna be a 5-7 to 6-6 team. Depending how Auburn / A&M go trajectory wise.

vCash
    They'll be a 7ish win team.

Dart's good but he ain't a Corral and never will be. Highly unlikely their RBs run wild again. They don't have any WRs returning. Will have to hit the portal.

They get UGA, Bama, us, and Auburn on the road.

Banned
    vCash
    FCS
    @Tulane
    GT
    @Bama
    LSU
    Bye
    @Auburn
    Vandy
    Aggy
    @Georgia
    ULM
    @State

FCS/ULM are the freebies.
    Tulane, GT, Auburn all depend on who their coach is next year.
    Vandy/Aggy/Arky are home games they should be favored to win at this point but can that much talent be that bad at Aggy and Vandy is looking tougher by the week. Arky always has their number though.
    State in Starkville who looks to return a lot. Couldn't beat us with one of the worst QB performances in a win I've seen.
    LSU,Bama,Georgia are losses.

Sunshine OM pumpers can talk themselves to 9-3. Realists likely settle at best at 2-2 between Vandy/Arky/Aggy/State. Tulane/GT/Auburn are unknowns that with good coaches (I'm not sure Fritz stays at Tulane) will give them problems and could be a loss. Or bad hires could make these no contests. A realistic take is 2-1 in these 3 games (probably drop the @ Auburn game, that crowd will be up for them).

That's realistic 6-6.

Doomer worst case scenario aka bold fun prediction can show a 2-10 outing with their team folding mentally. And I am rooting for it.

vCash
    Yea they'll get to 6-6 for sure
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    They'll win 7-8.

vCash
    With the LK youthful draw on the portal and the class action lawsuit money to NIL don’t be so quick to count LK out. He lost bad to LSU and Arky but everyone else he beat or had a chance to......

vCash

Eh, honestly more like 4-5 wins

vCash
    I like you Tater, but this is cray cray.

As much as we hate to admit it, Lane is a really good coach.