Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lane signs extension. Stays at TSUN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    They will be better than this year with $10,000,000 in NIL to spend, if that figure is true. That is WAAAAAYYY more concerning than a petulant child like Vain Kiffin returning as their head coach.
    That number is a lie. Certainly not cash in hand.

Also, the contract for Lane doesn't appear to be 9 million. Low is now saying "in the range" of 9 million.

He didn't stay in Oxford for less money than he would have gotten from Auburn. His own retweets make clear that he didn't get what he wanted. They literally say that.

Auburn moved on after this week's events.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    That number is a lie. Certainly not cash in hand.

Also, the contract for Lane doesn't appear to be 9 million. Low is now saying "in the range" of 9 million.

He didn't stay in Oxford for less money than he would have gotten from Auburn. His own retweets make clear that he didn't get what he wanted. They literally say that.

Auburn moved on after this week's events.
    I do wish he would have left, I?m not sure who is a solid name.

If AU is having to hire Freezus, who would the bears have to hire?

vCash
    Unless I've missed it, he hasn't actually signed the extension...they've just told the various sports writers "he intends to".

It's most likely a done deal, but still weird that he hasn't signed yet. There should be an official OM Athletics announcement...that would've been the correct way to do it, rather than leaking to media.

vCash
    And that four-year contract state law restriction just went limp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I do wish he would have left, I?m not sure who is a solid name.

If AU is having to hire Freezus, who would the bears have to hire?
    Having to hire freeze??? He's been their top target for a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Unless I've missed it, he hasn't actually signed the extension...they've just told the various sports writers "he intends to".

It's most likely a done deal, but still weird that he hasn't signed yet. There should be an official OM Athletics announcement...that would've been the correct way to do it, rather than leaking to media.
    This is a good point. These things are always crazy.

vCash
    Nobody 17s up coach searches, coach hiring decisions and coach contracts like Auburn.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 11-26-2022 at 04:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This is a good point. These things are always crazy.
    I wouldn't put it past him to renege if Auburn again becomes available or in the unlikely event A&M does too tonight/tomorrow, lol.

vCash
    Having to hire freeze??? He's been their top target for a year.
    The AU boards are not thrilled with the potential hire.

They wanted Kiffin. I wanted him out of Oxford.

Im not sold on them hiring Freeze. Lots of skeletons in his closet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    The AU boards are not thrilled with the potential hire.

They wanted Kiffin. I wanted him out of Oxford.

Im not sold on them hiring Freeze. Lots of skeletons in his closet.
    They wanted Kiffin. After that it’s lipstick on a pig.

vCash
    Hugh has apparently Froze, losing to two teams in a row he could have beaten with his second string. They got his mind all messed up lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Hugh has apparently Froze, losing to two teams in a row he could have beaten with his second string. They got his mind all messed up lol
    Packing for The Plains!!

vCash
    So OM and MSU finish 8-4 with MSU paying about 60% of what Kiffen will be making? I like Kiffen, but is that a big win for OM? There are a lot of coaches that could have gone 8-4 with OM?s schedule this year.

vCash
    If lain is at Pissville U next year you will actually see if he is skilled at coaching up players.

vCash
    I don't want to see Kiffin at Ole Miss with Matt Corral at quarterback. Without Corral we'll see. So far he's 8-4 overall and 0-1 in Egg Bowls post Corral. And his year 4 records at all his coaching stops isn't that impressive.
    He should, however, get some Elitedawgs posters to write his resume and he'll get any job he wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I don't want to see Kiffin at Ole Miss with Matt Corral at quarterback. Without Corral we'll see. So far he's 8-4 overall and 0-1 in Egg Bowls post Corral. And his year 4 records at all his coaching stops isn't that impressive.
    He should, however, get some Elitedawgs posters to write his resume and he'll get any job he wants.
    Excellent post.

vCash
    Excellent post.
    !

vCash
    Rep given !!!!!!!

vCash
    I hate pumping LK but he did lose ALOT last year and pulled some good talent. It was a great GREAT win Thursday but what happens without Arnett? I?ve just got to see more offensive production (points) from CML in SEC games. I really like CML but against good SEC defensive teams the DOGS faltered. This next year should say alot about CML and LK.I do think a Dak passing or fitz running qb would be really productive..... JMHO..... Go ?DOGS"

vCash
    BTW, Kiffin hasn't signed anything yet.......