Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ole Miss fans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Prove it. Pull the threads.
    I think you shut him up for now. Probably more worried about our alleged mistreatment of poor lil ole Lane on here...........Good work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    So you wouldn't take Lane over CML Today to coach here?
    I like CML much better as a person and Than I do Lane. I also like winning and I like fun offensive football.
    Kiffin is a better hire short term. Maybe we should have hired him after Dan.

Leach is a better hire long term.

vCash
    Most of this board at game time thought they were going to lose to Georgia tech, auburn, and Kentucky.
    You?re just making shit up now. GA Tech had the lowest preseason win total in P5. They?re horrific and everyone knows that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Kiffin absolutely should have been our hire in 2017, but it would have been mainly to cash in on the 2018 team before he left shortly after. I still don't think he stays in Oxford long term.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    He's about the same as Malzhan IMO. Freeze is a great underdog coach but he also has the WTF losses to go along with that too.
    Yea he does, along with Kiffin. He?s gonna walk from OM in 2 years tops

vCash
    This guy nails it...

vCash

Agree

vCash
    So you wouldn't take Lane over CML Today to coach here?
    I like CML much better as a person and Than I do Lane. I also like winning and I like fun offensive football.
    First off I will say we currently have a head coach , who I support and want him to succeed, but everybody on here knows you don't, but that's your prerogative. Concerning your Kiffin fantasy, I have no clue where I would want him coaching here or not. Some coaches do great one place and can be a bust at another place. He would have to be actually coaching here for me to know that. Are you planning on paying him over $9 milllion a year? He doesn't want to be at OM . He wanted the Auburn job, but they didn't think he was worth a $120 million 10 year contract. They offered initially a $72 million 6 year contract and they may have negotiated up some on that, but the bottom line is Auburn didn't think Kiffin was worth what he thought he was. So he took the somewhere around $70+ million 8 year contract extension that OM offered. It will be interesting if OM thinks he is worth $9+ million a year until he finds his next coaching gig and says Bye Bye OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    First off I will say we currently have a head coach , who I support and want him to succeed, but everybody on here knows you don't, but that's your prerogative. Concerning your Kiffin fantasy, I have no clue where I would want him coaching here or not. Some coaches do great one place and can be a bust at another place. He would have to be actually coaching here for me to know that. Are you planning on paying him over $9 milllion a year? He doesn't want to be at OM . He wanted the Auburn job, but they didn't think he was worth a $120 million 10 year contract. They offered initially a $72 million 6 year contract and they may have negotiated up some on that, but the bottom line is Auburn didn't think Kiffin was worth what he thought he was. So he took the somewhere around $70+ million 8 year contract extension that OM offered. It will be interesting if OM thinks he is worth $9+ million a year until he finds his next coaching gig and says Bye Bye OM.
    Reading that 8 year deal might violate state law. Is he a state employee or coaching at a state college while being paid by a private firm?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This guy nails it...

And absolutely no Ole Miss fans get this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Reading that 8 year deal might violate state law. Is he a state employee or coaching at a state college while being paid by a private firm?
    If they are able.

Could be a win for ole miss if Kiffin does good in the portal and does well next year. Wherever he would go next year would have to pay the buyout.
    However if he sinks then ole miss is stuck with him a while. They can afford the money but would have to go the assistant route again like with Matt Luke if they have to let him go and pay him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Some way they figured out how they could set up some type of private fund and circumvent the 4 year max state law and pay the other 4 years from that fund. I don't really know how you implement it. Some of the OM lawyers came up with it I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Kiffin absolutely should have been our hire in 2017, but it would have been mainly to cash in on the 2018 team before he left shortly after. I still don't think he stays in Oxford long term.
    Which I think all of us would have been fine with. That's what most of us really wanted. We went outside the box and it blew up in our face.

Would have been no different than Dan with him leaving.

vCash
    Which I think all of us would have been fine with. That's what most of us really wanted. We went outside the box and it blew up in our face.

Absolutely
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash

Yeah. After all the yearly drama with Dan, no thank you to Kiffin. No thank you at all!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Some way they figured out how they could set up some type of private fund and circumvent the 4 year max state law and pay the other 4 years from that fund. I don't really know how you implement it. Some of the OM lawyers came up with it I guess.
    They have tried this exact same thing multiple times and the state has always shot it down in the past. We will see if it's allowed this time or if they are just having it published this way for optics that they are committed long term for the next coach they have to hire.

vCash
    Just imagine if we would have hired Lil Beamer instead of MoHead

vCash

Correct.