Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 179

Thread: Ole Miss fans

  1. #1
    Super Moderator CadaverDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,225
    vCash
    3002900

    Ole Miss fans

    Ole Miss fans now look like total morons trying to spin this Freeze to Auburn news into excitement. I'm tripping out watching them all try online to make it out like Lane turned down Auburn and that they won the head coaching sweepstakes. Hahaha

    So let me get this straight....

    Kiffin was the GOAT to you guys when you were 8-3 (yes, 8-3) and had just been completely demolished by Arkansas. Yes the Arkansas that just lost to Mizzou. In fact, you were so scared you were going to lose the coach that got you to the incredible 8-3 record, that you nearly doubled his salary in a completely panic filled, desperate, financially irresponsible attempt to lure him away from Auburn, whom you had been told was after him hard.

    THEN, Kiffin proceeds to get thumped by State, and you immediately start shitting on him and acting like you WANT him to go to Auburn because "he can't even beat sorry MSU"....yes, the MSU that has the same record as Kiffin and Ole Miss, and has now finished above them in all rankings, including the SEC. Saying things like "take him, Auburn...we don't want his sorry ass anymore", etc.

    NOW, you find out that Auburn is not hiring your guy, but instead is hiring a guy that actually has the Substance on his resume, not just the flash. They are hiring a guy that has actually beaten Saban twice, which is their goal. And what do you dipshits do?? You start acting like the guy you've been calling a bag of shit the last two days, is now the GOAT again and that he "turned down Auburn for Ole Miss"...and now you are ELATED to retain a coach that went 8-4 with a loss to Mike Leach at home to end the year. A year in which you started 7-0, and finished 8-4, and 4th in the West behind MSU.

    So to my State brethren, do not allow these imbeciles to act like they "expect more than 8-4" like they try to act like. No, no, no, no, no....QUITE the opposite actually....you Ole Miss clowns not only LOVE 8-4, you double coaches salaries for going 8-4 and getting whipped on your home field by State. THAT is Ole Miss. THAT is your "expectation". THAT is why you aren't shit, and will never be shit. THAT is why everyone in this State and in this conference laughs at you like the irrelevant pieces of arrogant shit that you are. Because in your bubble you matter...but to the outside world, you're nothing. You and A&M are the only SEC schools in 30 years that haven't made it to Atlanta. That's who you are. You're a program that is now 16-14 to State in your last 30. You are now behind us, all while thinking you're winning. And you're the only one in the room that doesn't realize YOU are the one everyone is snickering about.

    Enjoy it. Nobody deserves it more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,798
    vCash
    10439
    Kiffin staying and freeze coming to auburn is crap for us. Oh well, we got the egg. Cheers

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,592
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Kiffin staying and freeze coming to auburn is crap for us. Oh well, we got the egg. Cheers
    ^this

  4. #4
    Senior Member BrunswickDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Home of Slay, GA
    Posts
    11,451
    vCash
    1746501
    I just don't see Freeze being any different from Chizik or Malzhan. Same essential offense. Same boosters dictating everything. It may get them a title, and turn around and blow up the following year.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator CadaverDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,225
    vCash
    3002900
    I agree worst case for us was both of them being in the West. Sucks

    But doesn't change the fact that Ole Miss just ponied up $9 mil per year for a guy that went 8-4 and lost to us, a team whose fans are split on wanting him to retire bc they're sick of his offense.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator CadaverDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,225
    vCash
    3002900
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I just don't see Freeze being any different from Chizik or Malzhan. Same essential offense. Same boosters dictating everything. It may get them a title, and turn around and blow up the following year.
    Freeze wins everywhere he goes. He actually has a much better track record on the field than Kiffin by a long shot. If you're simply looking a head coaching resume

  7. #7
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,798
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I just don't see Freeze being any different from Chizik or Malzhan. Same essential offense. Same boosters dictating everything. It may get them a title, and turn around and blow up the following year.
    Chizik and malzahn took them to a natty (1 win, 1 loss). I think they'd take that

  8. #8
    Super Moderator CadaverDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,225
    vCash
    3002900
    In a perfect world, Auburn would have hired Kiffin and Ole Miss ends up with Lebby or someone that is a coordinator. Worst case was Kiffin AND Freeze being in the West, bc Auburn will now most assuredly be ahead of us in the West rankings every year. And we'll have to hope Kiffin's lack of commitment continues to linger and hurt Ole Miss.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I just don't see Freeze being any different from Chizik or Malzhan. Same essential offense. Same boosters dictating everything. It may get them a title, and turn around and blow up the following year.
    He's about the same as Malzhan IMO. Freeze is a great underdog coach but he also has the WTF losses to go along with that too.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Chizik and malzahn took them to a natty (1 win, 1 loss). I think they'd take that
    Malzahn kinda hit lightening in a bottle in his time in title game. Not sure why he got away from that offensive formula tho.

    ETA: He got lucky in that GA game that year. Now Freeze gonna have to deal with Kirby.

  11. #11
    Senior Member BrunswickDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Home of Slay, GA
    Posts
    11,451
    vCash
    1746501
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Chizik and malzahn took them to a natty (1 win, 1 loss). I think they'd take that
    And they fired both coaches - so no it wasn't enough for them. Freeze could bring them a Natty, and then be fired two years later. Their boosters can't stop meddling. They have destroyed every coach over the past 30 years because they don't win like Bear/Saban. Freeze falls right in line with their history and doesn't really change the dynamic.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,084
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Ole Miss fans now look like total morons trying to spin this Freeze to Auburn news into excitement. I'm tripping out watching them all try online to make it out like Lane turned down Auburn and that they won the head coaching sweepstakes. Hahaha

    So let me get this straight....

    Kiffin was the GOAT to you guys when you were 8-3 (yes, 8-3) and had just been completely demolished by Arkansas. Yes the Arkansas that just lost to Mizzou. In fact, you were so scared you were going to lose the coach that got you to the incredible 8-3 record, that you nearly doubled his salary in a completely panic filled, desperate, financially irresponsible attempt to lure him away from Auburn, whom you had been told was after him hard.

    THEN, Kiffin proceeds to get thumped by State, and you immediately start shitting on him and acting like you WANT him to go to Auburn because "he can't even beat sorry MSU"....yes, the MSU that has the same record as Kiffin and Ole Miss, and has now finished above them in all rankings, including the SEC. Saying things like "take him, Auburn...we don't want his sorry ass anymore", etc.

    NOW, you find out that Auburn is not hiring your guy, but instead is hiring a guy that actually has the Substance on his resume, not just the flash. They are hiring a guy that has actually beaten Saban twice, which is their goal. And what do you dipshits do?? You start acting like the guy you've been calling a bag of shit the last two days, is now the GOAT again and that he "turned down Auburn for Ole Miss"...and now you are ELATED to retain a coach that went 8-4 with a loss to Mike Leach at home to end the year. A year in which you started 7-0, and finished 8-4, and 4th in the West behind MSU.

    So to my State brethren, do not allow these imbeciles to act like they "expect more than 8-4" like they try to act like. No, no, no, no, no....QUITE the opposite actually....you Ole Miss clowns not only LOVE 8-4, you double coaches salaries for going 8-4 and getting whipped on your home field by State. THAT is Ole Miss. THAT is your "expectation". THAT is why you aren't shit, and will never be shit. THAT is why everyone in this State and in this conference laughs at you like the irrelevant pieces of arrogant shit that you are. Because in your bubble you matter...but to the outside world, you're nothing. You and A&M are the only SEC schools in 30 years that haven't made it to Atlanta. That's who you are. You're a program that is now 16-14 to State in your last 30. You are now behind us, all while thinking you're winning. And you're the only one in the room that doesn't realize YOU are the one everyone is snickering about.

    Enjoy it. Nobody deserves it more.
    Yep...nailed it

  13. #13
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,798
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    And they fired both coaches - so no it wasn't enough for them. Freeze could bring them a Natty, and then be fired two years later. Their boosters can't stop meddling. They have destroyed every coach over the past 30 years because they don't win like Bear/Saban. Freeze falls right in line with their history and doesn't really change the dynamic.
    Auburn always seems to go from mountain to valley. They can't maintain any consistency, but I'd trade our consistency for their highs any day

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14,882
    vCash
    2510
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    In a perfect world, Auburn would have hired Kiffin and Ole Miss ends up with Lebby or someone that is a coordinator. Worst case was Kiffin AND Freeze being in the West, bc Auburn will now most assuredly be ahead of us in the West rankings every year. And we'll have to hope Kiffin's lack of commitment continues to linger and hurt Ole Miss.
    There's not going to be a West anymore. But point remains, this is not good news for MSU. OM would have most likely downgraded their head coach. And Freeze will do whatever it takes at AU.

  15. #15
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,798
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Malzahn kinda hit lightening in a bottle in his time in title game. Not sure why he got away from that offensive formula tho.

    ETA: He got lucky in that GA game that year. Now Freeze gonna have to deal with Kirby.
    And we gotta deal with freeze. Freeze will have that offense rolling next season

  16. #16
    Super Moderator CadaverDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,225
    vCash
    3002900
    How does Freeze's wife and family not talk him out of rejoining the SEC after everything he put them through? Especially if he can make $5+ mil per year at Liberty until the end of time if he wants. I know the money is big and the stage is huge....but man he went through some serious embarrassment and I can't imagine what his home life was like. I would want no part of that shit again, and I guarantee my wife wouldn't. Money ain't everything in life...especially when you already have a ton like he does

  17. #17
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,798
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    How does Freeze's wife and family not talk him out of rejoining the SEC after everything he put them through? Especially if he can make $5+ mil per year at Liberty until the end of time if he wants. I know the money is big and the stage is huge....but man he went through some serious embarrassment and I can't imagine what his home life was like. I would want no part of that shit again, and I guarantee my wife wouldn't. Money ain't everything in life...especially when you already have a ton like he does
    That dude don't give a frick about his wife haha. He cares about him and winning, and he'll do whatever it takes to make him happy and him win. Him and auburn are a perfect match

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    45
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Kiffin staying and freeze coming to auburn is crap for us. Oh well, we got the egg. Cheers
    No, Auburn was due to get a decent coach anyway. And if Freeze doesn't beat Bama, he will not last.

    Lane has 1) proved he is beatable, 2) shown OM that he is always looking, 3) gotten a salary that will put him more under the microscope, 4) pissed people off with terrible Egg Bowl coaching, and 5) going to leave the next chance he gets.

    This is not worst case for us.

  19. #19
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,798
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by revdrdawg View Post
    No, Auburn was due to get a decent coach anyway. And if Freeze doesn't beat Bama, he will not last.

    Lane has 1) proved he is beatable, 2) shown OM that he is always looking, 3) gotten a salary that will put him more under the microscope, 4) pissed people off with terrible Egg Bowl coaching, and 5) going to leave the next chance he gets.

    This is not worst case for us.
    Freeze has done quite well against bama, and now he has more resources

  20. #20
    Super Moderator CadaverDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,225
    vCash
    3002900
    Freeze may have timed it perfectly if Saban retires in a few years. Auburn could be in prime position to leap

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.