Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss fans

vCash
    To me what is totally hilarious Ole Miss is now forced to pay a coach $9mil that just lost to their biggest rival whether they admit or not. And a coach that is now was actively looking to get the heck out of oxfart. And that will have a severe schedule change next year.

Yes ole miss has money but not the kind of money to play money wars for coaches with the AU TAM Bama LSU GA TN. It?s glorious to watch.

One more thing I?ve heard from ole Miss fans ad nauseam that this was a rebuild year and that Kiffin had the best transfers of anybody in the country. What ever you just lost yet again.
    Last edited by Ranchdawg; 11-26-2022 at 02:38 PM.

vCash
    It's not a hard concept. Whether he leaves or not; a week of rumors, circle speak on his part, and then losing the egg bowl makes a better situation for us.

vCash
    I'll give it to ol lane he knows how to play the game and get paid! He played om and auburn like a fiddle, acted like an immature child all week on social media and to the media, whined like a punk after the egg bowl and now om is overpaying a coach who lost 4 of his last 5 games and who's juggernaut offense was shutdown by our little ol defense. Well played, sir!

ETA if Leach did all this, the board would be in a melt so big it'd never recover!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    Interesting that you think the determining factor was a failed 2 point conversion instead of a fumble on the goal line....
    Pastures?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Lane will be lucky to win 6-7 games next year. I don't think other schools are going to come calling as much. This was his year to get out & I think Auburn had second thoughts so they moved on. I don't blame them.
    Don't start this. Ole Miss returns a lot next year and Kiffin is a good coach. They will be solid next year. This is the stuff that some of our fan base starts with every year and makes them look better than they are and makes us look dumb. Hell, I'd rather us all act like he sucks if they can't win 11 next year with all they have coming back. That way when they fall short we can make fun of em.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    And you accused me of having a loser attitude. Jesus Christ dude...
    I'm just realistic. Freeze had a better program than us at Ole Miss, so he will most assuredly have a better one at a place with more resources. It is what it is. Hope I'm wrong, but a good coach at a good program is not typically a failure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'm just realistic. Freeze had a better program than us at Ole Miss, so he will most assuredly have a better one at a place with more resources. It is what it is. Hope I'm wrong, but a good coach at a good program is not typically a failure
    But you can't leave out that he cheated his ass off to achieve that better program than us. I mean, cheating on an unheard of level. So bad the SEC has swept it under the rug.
    I agree at auburn he'll have a ton of talent, but he'll be competing on a level playing field because of NIL.
    And we're most likely not going to be playing auburn every year anyway.

vCash
    Since 2012, we are 8-8 against Auburn and Hugh Freeze combined. I bet we'll still be fine against them. Even if we slip below .500, I'm not writing off every single game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    But you can't leave out that he cheated his ass off to achieve that better program than us. I mean, cheating on an unheard of level. So bad the SEC has swept it under the rug.
    I agree at auburn he'll have a ton of talent, but he'll be competing on a level playing field because of NIL.
    But the NCAA wrote a stern letter to om about the historic and unprecedented level of cheating going on at their U. Too bad they don't have several Nattys across several sports to show for it.

vCash
    True, but now cheating is legal

vCash
    Since 2012, we are 8-8 against Auburn and Hugh Freeze combined. I bet we'll still be fine against them. Even if we slip below .500, I'm not writing off every single game.
    Who said I was writing off games? I just said they will likely have a better program. Hopefully not. Freeze plus Auburn looks like it should equal success on paper. But that's why they play the games. Much like Ole Miss looked like they should have clobbered us Thursday on paper but didn't. I'm glad, just like I'll be glad if Hugh falls on his faux face

vCash
    True, but now cheating is legal
    And that's why I think it'll all boil down to his coaching abilities now. Everyone cheats openly. People can outbid him. Not us obviously but he won't get the top receiver, OL, and DL in the country.

vCash
    Who said I was writing off games? I just said they will likely have a better program. Hopefully not. Freeze plus Auburn looks like it should equal success on paper. But that's why they play the games. Much like Ole Miss looked like they should have clobbered us Thursday on paper but didn't. I'm glad, just like I'll be glad if Hugh falls on his faux face
    How else would we interpret "Auburn will now most assuredly be ahead of us in the West rankings every year." ?

vCash
    And that's why I think it'll all boil down to his coaching abilities now. Everyone cheats openly. People can outbid him. Not us obviously but he won't get the top receiver, OL, and DL in the country.
    Maybe. Auburn will pony up money... they tired of losing, and freeze is a hell of salesman

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Don't start this. Ole Miss returns a lot next year and Kiffin is a good coach. They will be solid next year. This is the stuff that some of our fan base starts with every year and makes them look better than they are and makes us look dumb. Hell, I'd rather us all act like he sucks if they can't win 11 next year with all they have coming back. That way when they fall short we can make fun of em.
    Fwiw I thought they were a 7-8 win team this year. Their schedule made sure of it. I didn't expect A&M to be as bad as they are though. I also don't think we'd beat them in Oxford being how bad we have played on the road this year. Some thought they would win 10 & with that schedule they might should have. But I get your point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe. Auburn will pony up money... they tired of losing, and freeze is a hell of salesman
    AU is not playing around. If they are going to hire Freeze, they are going all in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    True

vCash
    How does Freeze's wife and family not talk him out of rejoining the SEC after everything he put them through? Especially if he can make $5+ mil per year at Liberty until the end of time if he wants. I know the money is big and the stage is huge....but man he went through some serious embarrassment and I can't imagine what his home life was like. I would want no part of that shit again, and I guarantee my wife wouldn't. Money ain't everything in life...especially when you already have a ton like he does
    She forgave him years ago and even help lead retreats and special events on how to save marriages. The tour even game to one of our local churches and was heavily attended. This was before he got back into coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    She forgave him years ago and even help lead retreats and special events on how to save marriages. The tour even game to one of our local churches and was heavily attended. This was before he got back into coaching.
    Snake Oil

vCash
    How else would we interpret "Auburn will now most assuredly be ahead of us in the West rankings every year." ?
    Interpret it like I said it. Don't put words in my mouth. Same way everyone should interpret anything. Pretty simple.

I also assume Bama and LSU will be ahead of us every year in the rankings....and they usually are. Doesn't mean I write off those games yearly.....well, maybe Bama ha
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 11-26-2022 at 03:36 PM.