Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auburn In talks with Freeze

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I hate to be the grammar guy, but it's "losing" not "loosing". That said, your post is probably right on as far as what has happened.
    Maybe Auburn didn't come off the 6 year original offer contract because some thought they would reach a compromise at 8 years or possibly 9 and both parties could accept that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    This is beautiful...it doesn't really matter what happens now...OM is damaged either way.... My cup runneth over...🤣
    Most fun I've had after an Egg Bowl in years. This is glorious.

vCash
    GTHOM!!!!!!

vCash
    Of course they are. I've been posting all season that Auburn will hire freeze. And I still think they will until they don't. I think they got smitten with Kiffin and maybe even bumped him up ahead of Freeze a little, and then they got to see just how good kiffin can really coach when he started playing "decent" teams instead of cream puffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    They talked to Kiffin. Kiffin wants the job, thus the rumors start flying. OM tries to keep Kiffin with a big contract, but he doesn't sign it because he wants the Auburn job. Distractions + OM not really being that good = they start loosing. Kiffin wants a longer deal than Auburn offered, feels he has the 10M OM deal as backup. Auburn is pissed off at this since their offer of 12M a year is already a lot + OM loosing = they start looking at Freeze more.

The question is, who is bluffing? Is Lane going to take the Auburn deal as is, or is Auburn pretending to be info Freeze but will cave to Lane's demands? Or has Aubrun truly gotten pissed off and said F him?

All I know is that OM is rightfully pissed off. Lane has snubbed his nose at them, lost a bunch of games in the pursuit of his own Auburn contract, and (worst of all) told them their money isn't good enough.
    Let's just say you are close. From what I had heard and I had already posted it on another thread, Auburn offered Kiffin a 6 year $12 million a year deal. Kiffin and Sexton wanted a 10 year $12 million a year. Some thought they would negotiate and reach an agreement at 8 or Auburn may possibly go to 9 years. Apparently they didn't reach an agreement, and/or they just parted ways. OM was a backup option in case Kiffin and Auburn couldn't reach an agreement. The bidding war upped the money amount for Kiffin at either place. And OM had upped their offer to $9+ almost 10 million with a 4 year extension contract.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-26-2022 at 10:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Of course they are. I've been posting all season that Auburn will hire freeze. And I still think they will until they don't. I think they got smitten with Kiffin and maybe even bumped him up ahead of Freeze a little, and then they got to see just how good kiffin can really coach when he started playing "decent" teams instead of cream puffs.
    Bingo!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I legitimately cannot believe Cohen would go down that road.

After everything that went down with Freeze I am shocked that he's in play for this with Cohen as the AD.

Every Auburn fan I know doesn't want Freeze anywhere near the program. But I have to think the influential boosters would absolutely love this move.
    I don't understand how y'all think that Cohen has any say in this matter. Those Auburn power trip boosters would fire Cohen 1 week into the job if he gets in their way. He's a mere spectator in all this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Most fun I've had after an Egg Bowl in years. This is glorious.
    Absolutely glorious!!!!

vCash
    If what we're hearing today is true, it's nice to think about how nervous Lane must be about now. What if Freeze takes the auburn job and sexton tells Lane that aTm will open up next year. Lane knows he has a much more difficult schedule next year and the shine has already worn off.

This is a great egg bowl week!!!!

vCash
    Cohen: Hugh, tell me the truth, did you provide hookers to recruits?
    Freeze: Yes
    Cohen: ?

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Freeze is a much better coach than Lane. And winning will solve any hesitation the Barners have about him being their coach. And if they think that Lane doesn't have his own skeletons, they are insane. Freeze will get that program righted very soon.

vCash
    It will be the most interesting press conference ever. What term will Cohen use to describe Freeze? Savant? Genius?

vCash
    I don't understand how y'all think that Cohen has any say in this matter. Those Auburn power trip boosters would fire Cohen 1 week into the job if he gets in their way. He's a mere spectator in all this.
    Yeah it is funny unless he has the controlling interest in YellaWood. lol....He's just a puppet at Auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    It will be the most interesting press conference ever. What term will Cohen use to describe Freeze? Savant? Genius?
    You know your dignity has reached an all time low when you are told by the money men to hire Hugh Freeze.

vCash
    If what we're hearing today is true, it's nice to think about how nervous Lane must be about now. What if Freeze takes the auburn job and sexton tells Lane that aTm will open up next year. Lane knows he has a much more difficult schedule next year and the shine has already worn off.

This is a great egg bowl week!!!!
    Yeah Kiffin did some dumb things that didn't help his market value this past week and it sure didn't help his public relations with the plantation either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    AU rivals site has a poster saying Kiffin turned them down. Knowing him, if true, he did it just to prove Sokoloff wrong. Fine if he stays in Oxford. He is pretty much hated up there now and has destroyed any trust he may have had. If Freeze ends up at auburn then Sankey is going to have them under a microscope just waiting for something to happen. He'll probably get a copy of his cell phone bill sent to him every month.
    Old habits die hard and it's hard to change behaviors.....He'll still have hookers servicing recruits.......He'll just be a bit more "discreet" about it.........Make no mistake, Freeze is still a major p.o.s. disguising himself as a bible thumper.......
    Last edited by Saltydog; 11-26-2022 at 11:31 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Yeah it is funny unless he has the controlling interest in YellaWood. lol....He's just a puppet at Auburn.
    Absolutely!!!

vCash
    I just don't get the infatuation with Hugh Freeze. Maybe it's that he'll be cheap given his baggage? But he has arguably one alright P5 season on his resume that wasn't a product of cheating at a brazen, unprecedented and unsustainable level, the worst of which remains highly illegal even in the current iteration of the NIL era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I just don't get the infatuation with Hugh Freeze. Maybe it's that he'll be cheap given his baggage? But he has arguably one alright P5 season on his resume that wasn't a product of cheating at a brazen, unprecedented and unsustainable level, the worst of which remains highly illegal even in the current iteration of the NIL era.
    I really didn't think the SEC Office was ready to welcome Freeze back in the SEC, but I guess if Auburn is talking to him I guess they don't care. I doubt he will be cheap with Sexton representing him, but a contract package that has a good bit less money than Kiffin's was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phatdog View Post
    Cohen: Hugh, tell me the truth, did you provide hookers to recruits?
    Freeze: Yes
    Cohen: ?
    Big booster: Hugh, how did you get those recruits to Ole Miss?
    Hugh: (reveals secrets and plans to do so)
    Big Boster: Scarlet, get John on the phone. Tell him Hugh is hired.