Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apology for Will Rogers from McBuckethead

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Apology for Will Rogers from McBuckethead

As I have been one of most consistent shittalkers when it comes to Will Rogers, most of what I say isn?t warranted. Will is True Maroon and a bulldog and didn?t deserve the amount of criticism I have lobbed his direction. I am only so disappointed because I know he can do what needs to be done, the game of football just doesn?t allow it to sometimes.

I hope he gets to work these next couple of weeks. Works on building a hive mind with these receivers and really discusses the WR rotation with Leach. We need our best 4 receivers playing as many snaps as possible. Upwards of 75% of all plays. The four receivers I would have on the field at all times would be, Austin Williams, Tulu in the slot, Ducking, and RaRa. I would bring in Z Thomas as a running back/WR. We need Tulu and Z Thomas touching the ball. That may mean motioning DJ and Woody out and motioning Tulu and/or Thomas in the back field across the formation.

And what has happened to our mesh plays? We rarely hit people on the move anymore. We need to have a focus on hitting moving targets in the windows of the zone way more often than we do.

Remind the WRs that they are the ones that dictate how awesome they are and how many YAC they get.

Either way, Rogers is a Bulldog, and as long as he is committed to being a Bulldog, the man is my brother. Just we have work to do before the bowl game.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    As I have been one of most consistent shittalkers when it comes to Will Rogers, most of what I say isn?t warranted. Will is True Maroon and a bulldog and didn?t deserve the amount of criticism I have lobbed his direction. I am only so disappointed because I know he can do what needs to be done, the game of football just doesn?t allow it to sometimes.

I hope he gets to work these next couple of weeks. Works on building a hive mind with these receivers and really discusses the WR rotation with Leach. We need our best 4 receivers playing as many snaps as possible. Upwards of 75% of all plays. The four receivers I would have on the field at all times would be, Austin Williams, Tulu in the slot, Ducking, and RaRa. I would bring in Z Thomas as a running back/WR. We need Tulu and Z Thomas touching the ball. That may mean motioning DJ and Woody out and motioning Tulu and/or Thomas in the back field across the formation.

And what has happened to our mesh plays? We rarely hit people on the move anymore. We need to have a focus on hitting moving targets in the windows of the zone way more often than we do.

Remind the WRs that they are the ones that dictate how awesome they are and how many YAC they get.

Either way, Rogers is a Bulldog, and as long as he is committed to being a Bulldog, the man is my brother. Just we have work to do before the bowl game.
    Good post.

vCash
    Great post. Very classy.

I want Will to succeed so badly. I hope next year he's the best QB we've ever had at State. I want to see him be more aggressive. Lead receivers and stop throwing behind them. Stop taking terrible sacks and learn to protect the football.

vCash
    Taveze Calhoun posted this:

We need to give this young man his flowers! He?s a great ambassador for our University and one of the most fierce competitors I?ve been around. His passion for Mississippi State is unmatched. Being from Mississippi, I know how much this one meant Will. You deserve it bro. Take it all in! To all the haters stay on that side.
    QB1 🔥

vCash
    Great post ! Justin Robinson or JRob could be a future big time receiver for us .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Great post. Very classy.

I want Will to succeed so badly. I hope next year he's the best QB we've ever had at State. I want to see him be more aggressive. Lead receivers and stop throwing behind them. Stop taking terrible sacks and learn to protect the football.
    I do too . He comes from an OM family but he bleeds Maroon and White now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Great post ! Justin Robinson or JRob could be a future big time receiver for us .
    JRob is good, good athlete and not afraid. He’s got great size, nfl size. He is young and should be very good next year. He’s passed Ducking.

Rufus is going to be on the field until he graduates. Tough and reliable.

Zavion is going to be one to watch when he gets in the receiver rotation, that kid is electric with the ball in his hands.

vCash
    I?m glad we won. I?m glad Will Rogers made enough plays at QB to help his team win.
    He deserved to be on the winning side of the Egg Bowl.

vCash
    He’s a good kid. I’m glad we won. But he’s been a liability and his decision making has been questionable. For this program to take the next step we MUST have a more mobile QB that sees the field a bit better and can deliver the ball further downfield.

vCash
    I think one thing that would really help Will out and the offense is to move Tulu to slot during bowl practices. The reason being he is probably our best guy in space. Which means he can create and get YAC better than Austin and Harvey who are both solid players. But Tulu is just next level. The other thing is it allows us to have a WR group of RaRa and Ducking on the outside and then Tulu and Walley in the slot. Use Austin on third downs and rotate in Harvey, Xavion, and Justin Robinson.

vCash
    He still sucks at playing QB.

vCash
    I like Will and he's a good kid. There's lots of good kids tho that ain't good SEC QBs.

vCash
    And favre is a douche that was complicit in stealing from the poor. I'd still rather have favre as my qb

vCash
    I still can't help but wonder what might have been with a more mobile QB against LSU and Kentucky
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    if he would learn to step up in the pocket instead of running backwards or to his right when he feels pressure it would help. but i have played and watched a lot of football in my life and i just don't think he has pocket awareness. and his foot work is like a mule in mud. i think he is a great rep for our team and university but even with all his numbers is a liability when under pressure.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Agree. When he stepped up in pocket, he hit Tulu for the TD.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well, when you go back and watch, when he threw off of his back foot, bad things happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well, when you go back and watch, when he threw off of his back foot, bad things happened.
    That's most every qb, but some have the arm strength to still make a good throw. Unfortunately, will doesn't have that type of arm

vCash
    Walley has also returned to the flow in recent games.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That's most every qb, but some have the arm strength to still make a good throw. Unfortunately, will doesn't have that type of arm
    Kid played like he thought he was Patrick Mahomes.

Play like Dan Marino and Tom Brady instead. Step up in the pocket. Don't scramble backwards trying to hero ball it. You're not that good.

Will Rogers needs to accept he has the talent of a backup game manager QB. He accepts that + is willing to step up and throw to the open 15+ yard WR... then he can be good. But we're 3 years in and those drives only happen 2 times a game.