Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This may be why Kiffin hasn't signed that OM contract just yet

vCash

This may be why Kiffin hasn't signed that OM contract just yet

It was reported that Kiffin had told his players Wednesday night at The Inn, on the OM campus where they stay before OM home games, that "unless something significantly changes", he was planning on staying at OM. On Wednesday afternoon there had been a 180 degree turn on what Kiffin was going to do when the OM message board mods and media had previously said he had been offered by Auburn on Wednesday afternoon, and thought he was gone, and then all of the sudden later on their thinking changed and there was a 75% chance he was staying at OM and then it went up to 80%. I think they called it a "snag" in the Auburn deal. OM had supposedly offered Kiffin a 4 year contract somewhere between upper $9 to possibly 10 million per year.

Sexton and Kiffin were supposed to review the Auburn offer sometimes after the Egg Bowl (probably today). Sexton was at the game last night. It appears the only issue had been not enough number of years in the proposed contract, which also increases the cost of the total package. If Kiffin and Sexton can negotiate a mutual agreement with Auburn (or maybe that has already has been done ) that is acceptable to both parties involved ("unless something significantly changes") then it's probably bye bye OM.

Sunday would be a good day to make the announcement. The day after the Iron Bowl. Hopefully Cadillac can pull off an upset. I don't normally pull for Auburn in anything but I like Cadillac.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-25-2022 at 03:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    It was reported that Kiffin had told his players Wednesday night at The Inn, on the OM campus where they stay before OM home games, that "unless something significantly changes", he was planning on staying at OM. On Wednesday afternoon there had been a 180 degree turn on what Kiffin was going to do when the OM message board mods and media had previously said he had been offered by Auburn on Wednesday afternoon, and thought he was gone, and then all of the sudden later on their thinking changed and there was a 75% chance he was staying at OM and then it went up to 80%. I think they called it a "snag" in the Auburn deal. OM had supposedly offered Kiffin a 4 year contract somewhere between upper $9 to possibly 10 million per year.

Sexton and Kiffin were supposed to review the Auburn offer sometimes after the Egg Bowl (probably today). Sexton was at the game last night. It appears the only issue had been not enough number of years in the proposed contract, which also increases the cost of the total package. If Kiffin and Sexton can negotiate a mutual agreement with Auburn (or maybe that has already has been done ) that is acceptable to both parties involved ("unless something significantly changes") then it's probably by bye OM.

Sunday would be a good day to make the announcement. The day after the Iron Bowl. Hopefully Cadillac can pull off an upset. I don't normally pull for Auburn in anything but I like Cadillac.
    We need Alabama to win for us to get the best bowl possible.

vCash
    Kiffin has burned several bridges in Oxford, and now with the poor on field performance and Rising anger in Oxford his bargaining power with Auburn is substantially decreased. Net result is Kiffin is going to auburn for less money and shorter term deal.

His stock was at an all time high, its decreased now. If Auburn leaked all of this , they saved themselves a lot of money. I don’t see him coaching for ole miss next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Kiffin has burned several bridges in Oxford, and now with the poor on field performance and Rising anger in Oxford his bargaining power with Auburn is substantially decreased. Net result is Kiffin is going to auburn for less money and shorter term deal.

His stock was at an all time high, its decreased now. If Auburn leaked all of this , they saved themselves a lot of money. I don’t see him coaching for ole miss next year.

Like a 6 year deal instead of a 8 to 10 year one? I think 6 was Auburn's original offer, and Sexton and Kiffin wanted more.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-25-2022 at 04:15 PM.

vCash

Define "saved themselves lots of money" if auburn wants LK they are going to have to pay him. Sexton will make sure of it. If not he's got $40 deal in his pocket. He still holds all the cards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    We need Alabama to win for us to get the best bowl possible.
    I hope Alabama destroys them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Like a 6 year deal instead of a 8 to 10 year one? I think 6 was Auburn's original offer, and Sexton and Kiffin wanted more.
    Yes that was the hold up. Simply, if ole miss has been toyed with long enough, kiffins bargaining power with auburn is diminished. He will go to Auburn but Sextons demands for a Jimbo like contract are up in smoke. If a Kiffin would have just announced for Auburn two weeks ago, he would be much richer.

vCash
    I went to both Red Cup Rebellion and Nafoom last night after the game and the majority of OM fans are very dissatisfied with his "act" this week. Most want that big contract offer torn up. Their schedule is much tougher next year and will probably lose more games. He may have vastly overplayed his hand. Note: They have also lost last three in a row and 4 of 5. He also showed little interest in their bowl game in his post game interview. Colleges are however very stupid in $ for their FB HC's. Either OM or AU will overpay him. Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 11-25-2022 at 04:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Define "saved themselves lots of money" if auburn wants LK they are going to have to pay him. Sexton will make sure of it. If not he's got $40 deal in his pocket. He still holds all the cards.
    What I heard was prior to the Egg Bowl on Wednesday that Sexton and Kiffin wanted a total package of $120 million at 10 years at $12 million per year and Auburn had offered a 6 year one initially.

vCash
    Wanted ...... big difference between wanted and actually getting it. If he's there guy- they will get a deal done. Give and take. And he will be more rich.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I went to both Red Cup Rebellion and Nafoom last night after the game and the majority of OM fans are very dissatisfied with his "act" this week. Most want that big contract offer torn up. Their schedule is much tougher next year and will probably lose more games. He may have vastly overplayed his hand. Note: They have also lost last three in a row and 4 of 5. He also showed little interest in their bowl game in his post game interview. Colleges are however very stupid in $ for their FB HC's. Either OM or AU will overpay him. Hail State!
    That's not shocking. It's the narcissist in him. He's always thought WAY more of himself than others think of him.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    That's not shocking. It's the narcissist in him. He's always thought WAY more of himself than others think of him.
    Rode his Dad, Monte's coattails into many of his early opportunities, then Nick's school to rehab ex-HC's saved him. Al Davis had nothing good to say about him after he fired him, and I used to be a big Raiders fan in the 60,70, & 80's as a boy and young man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Virtually all fans jump on a coach after he loses a game, and especially if it's a major game. If Kiffin sticks around at OM, the fans will flock back to him.

vCash
    Kiffin has a 6-6/7-5 schedule next year. His ultimate goal is to get to a program he can compete for a title at. Ole Miss is a stepping stone to him. If he has a down year next year, it’s a big set back for him. His stock will never be higher than it was about 3 weeks ago.

vCash
    Kiffin maybe a butthole but he's smart and knows how to play the game. He's fleecing auburn or om. Well played lane well played lol

vCash
    Kiffin has a 6-6/7-5 schedule next year. His ultimate goal is to get to a program he can compete for a title at. Ole Miss is a stepping stone to him. If he has a down year next year, it’s a big set back for him. His stock will never be higher than it was about 3 weeks ago.
    That?s why I think he is going to auburn Sunday.

Exactly with you on the opinion of he is using ole miss to jump to a bigger job.

Ole miss has Georgia from the east next year.

@alabama and @ UGA are for sure losses

@ State and @ auburn are toss ups

Then
    Home vs

Texas a&m
    Arkansas
    Vandy
    LSU

Yeah, I think he?s leaving

I would be very shocked if he stayed at ole miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    That?s why I think he is going to auburn Sunday.

Exactly with you on the opinion of he is using ole miss to jump to a bigger job.

Ole miss has Georgia from the east next year.

@alabama and @ UGA are for sure losses

@ State and @ auburn are toss ups

Then
    Home vs

Texas a&m
    Arkansas
    Vandy
    LSU

Yeah, I think he?s leaving

I would be very shocked if he stayed at ole miss.
    He's staring 6-6, 7-5 in the face if he stays at om next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Virtually all fans jump on a coach after he loses a game, and especially if it's a major game. If Kiffin sticks around at OM, the fans will flock back to him.
    Kind of like when your girl friend runs around on you all week, but you take her back, cause dang, she is so good looking and it's so nice when she's on your arm and things are going good!****

vCash
    Wcbi is now reporting that auburn will announce either Kiffin or Freeze as HC at the conclusion of the IB..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Kiffin maybe a butthole but he's smart and knows how to play the game. He's fleecing auburn or om. Well played lane well played lol
    I think Sexton and Kiffin have been using OM as a bargaining tool for negotiating with Auburn, and a fallback option if the Auburn position doesn't work and OM is upset with that. Add Sexton in the mix and yeah, Kiffin knows how to play the game.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-25-2022 at 05:35 PM.