Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Dart in our offense would be incredible. Will is a a division two or even three physical talent. Right now if you watch high school varsity football you will see average qbs who have stronger arms, much better speed, quickness and are physically stronger than Will.

This is not the deciding factor. If you process reads mentally very quickly, have great accuracy and nerves of steel/fearless in the pocket/pocket presence-sensing the rush.....you can still be effective in the air raid.

That is a problem here, Will, panics and doesn’t have guts in the pocket and can’t see the field well, he lacks poise.

You can’t be physically limited and lack poise, get the yips.

Will is a liability right now.

He’s a good person, I root for him, it I’m just not seeing it.

Enjoy the 9 win season, numbnuts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    this is naive thinking from pre NIL/transfer portal. I can think of 3 transfer QBs who are about to play in conference championship games and I am sure there is more.

Adapt or get left behind.
    OK, name three that are going into the portal at season's end!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    this is naive thinking from pre NIL/transfer portal. I can think of 3 transfer QBs who are about to play in conference championship games and I am sure there is more.

Adapt or get left behind.
    As starters? Is Grayson McCall one of them? I'd definitely take him as a transfer, but he would have a whole lot of options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    In the game thread on Reddit I saw plural neutral fans say that if you swapped QBs, State would be up big (comments were made during the game). So fans that have no dog in the fight can see Dart is much better than Rogers. Where did Dart come from? Oh yeah, the Portal. Why are so many convinced we couldn't get a Dart level QB if OM can?
    Dart came to be 'day one' starter, NOT compete for the job! Who's going to come in and compete with 2 year starter? Names?

vCash
    Leach has had several quarterbacks sit on the bench for 4 years and do quite well when they got their chance. Two that come to mind are BJ Symmons and Sonnie Cumbie.

Leach doesn't like to change mid season and prefers for the job to be won in the spring. So I would?t write off Sawyer and Locke just yet

vCash
    It is not Parsons.

It is Parson. Chris Parson.

Parson

Parson

Parson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It is not Parsons.

Parson

Parson

Parson
    People still say Leech and Kiffen after all these years, so I wouldn't hold out hope.

vCash
    It is not Parsons.

Parson

Parson

Parson
    When he unseats Rodgers, we might get his name right

vCash
    Not sure why this continues to be a topic. We aren't going to tell Will to hit the road. Nor should we. Not chancing it on the unknown. Second, nobody is coming here to fight out a job w a three year starter. Third, if someone was willing to come and fight it out, we couldn't afford the person anyway. It's not like there won't be lots of schools in search of a transfer qb. We aren't getting a Caleb Williams or anything close. Complain about him all you want, and trust me I have. But, he will have to be beat out by someone on the current roster, and don't find that to be likely. Maybe it could happen. I doubt it

vCash
    It is not Parsons.

Parson

Parson

Parson
    Wow. I'm not one that adds an s to people's names so I have no idea why I did that here. Maybe I've read it too many times and don't really know the young man yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Not sure why this continues to be a topic. We aren't going to tell Will to hit the road. Nor should we. Not chancing it on the unknown. Second, nobody is coming here to fight out a job w a three year starter. Third, if someone was willing to come and fight it out, we couldn't afford the person anyway. It's not like there won't be lots of schools in search of a transfer qb. We aren't getting a Caleb Williams or anything close. Complain about him all you want, and trust me I have. But, he will have to be beat out by someone on the current roster, and don't find that to be likely. Maybe it could happen. I doubt it
    Agree. Will will be the starter next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Wow. I'm not one that adds an s to people's names so I have no idea why I did that here. Maybe I've read it too many times and don't really know the young man yet.
    Watched a video of Parsons, he looks pretty good.

vCash
    I have a feeling Locke will be the heir apparent. There's no way you strikeout with two 4* qb's in a row. Unless Parson is just awesome from the get go, I think it's going to be Locke.

vCash
    One thing is for sure if we have no one on the roster that is pushing Rogers we need to get someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    One thing is for sure if we have no one on the roster that is pushing Rogers we need to get someone.
    You can't truthfully push him if you're working with lesser talent on the 2nd & 3rd team.

vCash
    Rogers will be the QB next year. That's just facts. Time we all accept it.

The debate should be how do we overcome his shortcomings in order to best succeed next year. We must run the ball more (I know that's asking a lot), and Will has got to focus on 3 things this off-season.....Stepping up in the pocket, Increasing his arm strength, and increasing his speed. He pretty much is what he is at this point on speed and arm strength, so it's really about utilizing the pocket more to allow himself more time to get guys open. There are a lot of good QB's that have concrete feet...but they're good at manipulating the pocket and knowing when to step up and when to slide, and occasionally when to take off and grab 4-5 yards. When he moves and makes LB'ers come up, guys typically come open. We can't be successful if he is never able to take shots in tight windows or downfield due to arm strength AND is unable to extend plays. Because then you're limiting success to our guys simply beating their guy on every pass play, and that's tough to ask in this league. Especially when their guys are usually more talented than ours. Gotta be able to ad-lib

vCash
    Altmyer wants to come to state. Will be interesting to see if we take him. I'm sure think we will

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I have a feeling Locke will be the heir apparent. There's no way you strikeout with two 4* qb's in a row. Unless Parson is just awesome from the get go, I think it's going to be Locke.
    Can someone. Anyone, tell me if Parson missed part of the season due to injuries? His numbers are not good for him to be praised as the be all do all QB everyone makes him out to be. His team finished 6-5, He had something like 1200 yards passing and 500+ rushing. But 110 yards a game, if he played all 11, is not good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Can someone. Anyone, tell me if Parson missed part of the season due to injuries? His numbers are not good for him to be praised as the be all do all QB everyone makes him out to be. His team finished 6-5, He had something like 1200 yards passing and 500+ rushing. But 110 yards a game, if he played all 11, is not good.
    Yes he missed time with an injury

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    OK, name three that are going into the portal at season's end!
    that... was not the point of my post at all. read it again