Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal QB

vCash
    The reason we won't get a portal QB doesn't have anything to do with will but the the fact that it takes a year just to learn this stupid system and the next QB here is the kid committed from Tennessee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The reason we won't get a portal QB doesn't have anything to do with will but the the fact that it takes a year just to learn this stupid system and the next QB here is the kid committed from Tennessee.
    So what we’re saying is CML is a one trick pony and not a full-fledged coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    None of that is true.

Gardner Minshew, grad transfer, East Carolina State, picked the offense up immediately having played in a similar offense , beat out all the qbs on the roster, led the team to 11-2 and is playing in the nfl.

Anthony Gordon, juco transfer, won the job and was able to step in and play well. Gordon wasn?t great but was much better than Will, strong arm and athletic could run.

Leach can get a grad transfer who has played in a spread passing attack. Does not need to be a P5 five star, mid major or even juco can work.

lovertich is not what I?m talking about, he?s a scout team guy and about 5-10. I saw Leach yell several times at Will last night, he knows what the deal is.

If this offense had Minshew or Harrell next year you are looking at a possible 11 win season.
    Then the only other explanation is that your beloved QB guru has simply missed on every single QB he's recruited in 3 years. I guess that's possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Then the only other explanation is that your beloved QB guru has simply missed on every single QB he's recruited in 3 years. I guess that's possible.
    Enjoy the nine win season, numb nuts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I think Luke Altmyer would do just fine.
    Can't hit the side of a barn consistently. Not afraid to run though.

vCash
    Maybe you guys are right, but Altmyer is more mobile and has a stronger arm. I’m willing to bet he could learn the offense quickly, too.

vCash
    In the game thread on Reddit I saw plural neutral fans say that if you swapped QBs, State would be up big (comments were made during the game). So fans that have no dog in the fight can see Dart is much better than Rogers. Where did Dart come from? Oh yeah, the Portal. Why are so many convinced we couldn't get a Dart level QB if OM can?

vCash
    Ppl overreact. Will has deficiencies obviously but he will be a 4 year starter and has been solid. Hell yeah wish he could run but he does what he does and hopefully progresses. He has at least gotten better every year.

As far as his replacement when he is gone. Gotta get him NOW. No time in the SEC to rebuild when you have some momentum. Gotta do it, just have to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    In the game thread on Reddit I saw plural neutral fans say that if you swapped QBs, State would be up big (comments were made during the game). So fans that have no dog in the fight can see Dart is much better than Rogers. Where did Dart come from? Oh yeah, the Portal. Why are so many convinced we couldn't get a Dart level QB if OM can?
    We could easily. And there are some out there. I just think Leach really likes Will and will try to coach him up for a better season next year. Parsons will take over the year after that. That's just what I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Ppl overreact. Will has deficiencies obviously but he will be a 4 year starter and has been solid. Hell yeah wish he could run but he does what he does and hopefully progresses. He has at least gotten better every year.

As far as his replacement when he is gone. Gotta get him NOW. No time in the SEC to rebuild when you have some momentum. Gotta do it, just have to.
    If you are happy with 8-4 and possible 9-4 then have to be at least on board with the QB. We run the fking air raid, our record goes through him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    We could easily. And there are some out there. I just think Leach really likes Will and will try to coach him up for a better season next year. Parsons will take over the year after that. That's just what I think.
    Agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    If you are happy with 8-4 and possible 9-4 then have to be at least on board with the QB. We run the fking air raid, our record goes through him.
    And look, I am a replace him if you can get someone better fan so do not hate

vCash
    Dart in our offense would be incredible. Will is a a division two or even three physical talent. Right now if you watch high school varsity football you will see average qbs who have stronger arms, much better speed, quickness and are physically stronger than Will.

This is not the deciding factor. If you process reads mentally very quickly, have great accuracy and nerves of steel/fearless in the pocket/pocket presence-sensing the rush.....you can still be effective in the air raid.

That is a problem here, Will, panics and doesn’t have guts in the pocket and can’t see the field well, he lacks poise.

You can’t be physically limited and lack poise, get the yips.

Will is a liability right now.

He’s a good person, I root for him, it I’m just not seeing it.

vCash
    So does Braedyn Locke just not exist anymore? Lol. It was Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer. Then we saw a pick in garbage time against ETSU. Now it's straight to Parsons. Lol

vCash
    Because to get a player that can step right in, they will have to have played in this offense before. And we are not going to find that. Especially not to beat out a 3 year starter. Not a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Dart in our offense would be incredible. Will is a a division two or even three physical talent. Right now if you watch high school varsity football you will see average qbs who have stronger arms, much better speed, quickness and are physically stronger than Will.

This is not the deciding factor. If you process reads mentally very quickly, have great accuracy and nerves of steel/fearless in the pocket/pocket presence-sensing the rush.....you can still be effective in the air raid.

That is a problem here, Will, panics and doesn’t have guts in the pocket and can’t see the field well, he lacks poise.

You can’t be physically limited and lack poise, get the yips.

Will is a liability right now.

He’s a good person, I root for him, it I’m just not seeing it.
    Good post.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WhiskeyPirate again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RisperDawg View Post
    So does Braedyn Locke just not exist anymore? Lol. It was Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer. Then we saw a pick in garbage time against ETSU. Now it's straight to Parsons. Lol
    I don't even know who we have. But I've been excited about Parsons once he committed.

vCash
    We on this board determine nothing. Locke is a stud, watch his hudl film. No you don’t throw a true freshman out there in the sec. Sawyer may still be a great qb when he gets his turn. One or two series as a rs frosh mean nothing. Leach has pulled surprises with his qbs before, he’s not afraid to name a new starter.

To give an example of lack of mobility at qb not being everything in the air raid , BJ Symons played a season on one leg at tech, he had an acl tear. He was great and very effective. His skills were a rocket arm and he was fearless in the pocket. That was enough.

vCash
    Locke is still on the roster. He's another four star QB from Texas. He is a true freshman this year.

We also have Greek. All i remember about him was people talking about how hot his mom is. Lol.

I'm excited about Parsons too, to be clear. I just don't expect him to pick this to immediately as true freshman.

vCash
    Because Dart knew OM didn't have a proven QB when he signed with OM and that he would be "the" QB and he wanted to play under Kiffin. No highly rated QB is going to transfer here since we have an experienced QB starting like we do.