Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal QB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Transfer Portal QB

With posters bringing up the subject of going to the transfer portal to get a savior QB I have a question. What makes you think that this will "save" us. Not everyone is going to be a Burrow and Burrows 1st year at LSU he sucked. Brady made him a star.. What make you think a 3rd stringer from a FBS team can come come in here, get the starting position and win in his 1st season against SEC defenses? If that was the case Lovertich would be our starter. I'd rather get a QB coach who can spend time with these kids and groom them to be starters. Right now Leach has too much on his plate to be the HC OC and QB coach to do that.

vCash
    Yeah, the portal is not the answer. This system is built on reps. Will is the only QB who has gotten meaningful reps, in games or practice, with the first team, in the last 2.5 years. That's why all the recruits aren't coming along and why all the back ups look lost. He would literally have to bench Will, pick a new QB, and start giving him all the first string reps starting today for any of this to matter. Fact is, Will has the job until he leaves or his eligibility runs out, unless Leach leaves or makes a jaw dropping decision.

vCash
    We don't need a savior QB although I'm not against that either.

We need a Jack Abraham.

vCash
    You?re saying we can?t get better than what we have. I don?t buy that. That?s exactly what NIL money is for.

vCash
    Some think we can attract a better QB to come here and compete with Will and win the job. No high rated QB is going to come here as long as Will is the QB. They don't transfer to compete . They want to be "the" QB when they transfer. Now if for some unknown reason Will transferred then yeah we could go to the portal.

vCash
    Don't any of the blue bloods have a 3rd string QB that needs immediate playing time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    What makes you think that this will "save" us.
    this is naive thinking from pre NIL/transfer portal. I can think of 3 transfer QBs who are about to play in conference championship games and I am sure there is more.

Adapt or get left behind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    this is naive thinking from pre NIL/transfer portal. I can think of 3 transfer QBs who are about to play in conference championship games and I am sure there is more.

A CJ Stroud isn't coming here.

vCash
    How does CJ Stroud have any bearing whatsoever to this conversation?

vCash
    How does CJ Stroud have any bearing whatsoever to this conversation?
    Well isn't he playing for a conference championship? Didn't he transfer as a freshman?

vCash
    uhhhh dude. CJ stroud was a 5 star HS recruit who committed to OSU and has never even sniffed the transfer portal. u may wanna sit this one out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    uhhhh dude. CJ stroud was a 5 star HS recruit who committed to OSU and has never even sniffed the transfer portal. u may wanna sit this one out
    Sorry thought he transferred to OSU after getting beaten out.

vCash

OK, name three that are going into the portal at season's end!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    OK, name three that are going into the portal at season's end!
    that... was not the point of my post at all. read it again

vCash

As starters? Is Grayson McCall one of them? I'd definitely take him as a transfer, but he would have a whole lot of options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    As starters? Is Grayson McCall one of them? I'd definitely take him as a transfer, but he would have a whole lot of options.
    Cam Rising, Jayden Daniels, Caleb Williams were the 3 I was thinking off of the top of my head I'm sure there are more. My point was it does not take 2 years for a transfer QB to come in and be an impact guy.

vCash
    Cam Rising, Jayden Daniels, Caleb Williams were the 3 I was thinking off of the top of my head I'm sure there are more. My point was it does not take 2 years for a transfer QB to come in and be an impact guy.
    Ah, I thought you meant that 3 players playing next week will enter the transfer portal after this season, so I figured it would have to be G5 guys who wanted to play on a bigger stage before trying for the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Ah, I thought you meant that 3 players playing next week will enter the transfer portal after this season, so I figured it would have to be G5 guys who wanted to play on a bigger stage before trying for the NFL.
    There are G5 and FCS options that would be as good if not better options next year than Will. Just a few names to check out.

1. Hank Bachmeier - Boise, former 4 star recruit. Injured some.
    2. Brett Gabbert - Miami (OH) - Blaine’s brother
    3. Michael Hiers - Samford
    4. Parker McKinney - Eastern Kentucky
    5. Nolan Henderson - Delaware

There are others. Hudson Card will probably be the top QB in the portal. I’d strike out there then move on.

vCash
    I think Luke Altmyer would do just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I think Luke Altmyer would do just fine.
    No thanks