Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Never mind, I see where altmyer is likely to enter the portal December fifth. I’m sure he will contact leach and see what his options are.

I haven’t watched him much, but based on his pedigree he sure looks like a big upgrade over Will.
    Are you high?

Altmeyer will be looking at the G5 level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Are you high?

Altmeyer will be looking at the G5 level.
    Based on what ? That he was a four star with offers from Bama, LSU and Oregon ?

He can’t play at a P5 school ? What

vCash
    Based on what ? That he was a four star with offers from Bama, LSU and Oregon ?

He can’t play at a P5 school ? What
    LOL SMH

vCash
    You don’t think altmyer can play at a P5 school, I don’t agree. Watch and see.

vCash
    Never mind, I see where altmyer is likely to enter the portal December fifth. I?m sure he will contact leach and see what his options are.

I haven?t watched him much, but based on his pedigree he sure looks like a big upgrade over Will.
    An upgrade??? What?? Um no. You keep showing your knowledge w each and every post. #1 go back and read why we won't. Get a replacement. #2 altmeyer is not an upgrade and is headed to Memphis or somewhere like it. But he's a no go.

vCash
    Would altmyer be an upgrade over will ? Probably. Will altmyer get P5 offers in the portal ? Probably

He’s listed pretty highly amongst the qbs in the portal now. I think 247 had him as a low four star high 3 star rating him as a transfer right now.

We will see, dart a five star beat him out, that doesn’t mean he isn’t a,P5 quarterback.

Is will Rogers a g5 qb ? Maybe

vCash
    You don’t think altmyer can play at a P5 school, I don’t agree. Watch and see.
    He didn't have those offers you say he had. Those weren't committable. He was probably headed to Memphis if there hadn't been a coaching change. He followed Norvell to FSU. Failed there, failed at OM. Memphis, USM, or another Sunbelt AAC team likely it appears. Both MS QB in that class are moving down notches unless they get a late spot somewhere afte the portal moves settle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You guys can forget bringing in a QB for more than depth. It ain't happening.
    This

Not only will Rogers be our QB in 2023- I'm worried that he will still be the QB in 2024.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I’m not worried about anything, next year we win 9+ and year four and five are where Leachs teams usually make a big jump.

Why should that worry you ?

vCash
    I’m not worried about anything, next year we win 9+ and year four and five are where Leachs teams usually make a big jump.

Why should that worry you ?
    Because with our losses on D and who knows what with the portal- I dont for a second think we will win 9 games

Bama and LSU will be better
    A&M has found a QB as they showed LSU and Auburn likely improves. Both road games
    UPig returns KJ and recruits better than us. Currently 16th
    SC has Rattler back and they are recruiting well. Likely road loss- toss-up at best

Next season we are looking at 7-8 again if we play well

We will certainly be a solid team- but toss-ups go back on the road with SC, A&M, Auburn, and UPig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Because with our losses on D and who knows what with the portal- I dont for a second think we will win 9 games

Bama and LSU will be better
    A&M has found a QB as they showed LSU and Auburn likely improves. Both road games
    UPig returns KJ and recruits better than us. Currently 16th
    SC has Rattler back and they are recruiting well. Likely road loss- toss-up at best

Next season we are looking at 7-8 again if we play well

We will certainly be a solid team- but toss-ups go back on the road with SC, A&M, Auburn, and UPig
    Rattler may not be back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Rattler may not be back.
    Would be a bad move for him. He has looked good the last 2 weeks but he struggled alot of 2022. Coming back would help him move up a few rounds

vCash
    9 wins this year
    10 wins next year

Pretty good roll here.

vCash
    9 wins this year
    10 wins next year

Pretty good roll here.
    That's optimistic for sure

Bama 2022- road losses at Tenn and LSU
    Tenn 2022- road losses at Georgia and SC
    LSU 2022- neutral road loss vs Fla St and road loss to A&M
    Mississippi- road losses to LSU and UPig
    State 2022- road losses to Kentucky, Bama, and LSU
    Georgia won close road games @Kentucky and @Mizzou...and they are loaded with talent

SEC teams lose road games even good teams...it wont be any different for State in 2023. We have 4 road games SC, Auburn, A&M, and UPig

vCash
    Would altmyer be an upgrade over will ? Probably. Will altmyer get P5 offers in the portal ? Probably

He’s listed pretty highly amongst the qbs in the portal now. I think 247 had him as a low four star high 3 star rating him as a transfer right now.

We will see, dart a five star beat him out, that doesn’t mean he isn’t a,P5 quarterback.

Is will Rogers a g5 qb ? Maybe
    No no

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He didn't have those offers you say he had. Those weren't committable. He was probably headed to Memphis if there hadn't been a coaching change. He followed Norvell to FSU. Failed there, failed at OM.
    Failed at FSU?

Altmyer never went to FSU. He changed his commitment and signed with OM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I would take Hornsby. Leach can coach him up, and Hornsby athleticism would give us an entirely different dimension. I would take him right now if he was interested.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post
    He isn't an air raid quarterback but a coach somewhere is going to figure out how to use Malik Hornsby from Arkansas. Leach said this after the Arkansas game.... "I think (Hornsby's) really good, kind of a stud," Mississippi State head coach Mike Leach said. "Well he's really fast, a guy that can get all of it if you don't keep a lid on him, and then he keeps it alive long enough that your coverage breaks down. Maybe not perfectly accurate, but he can throw it forever, so I thought that guy played really well."
    We don't need an Air Raid QB. Or current Air Raid QB is hot garbage and cost us two wins this year. Leach needs to adapt to the reality of modern football if he doesn't retire. And that reality is that mobile QBs are here to stay. If you don't have one playing, you're screwed unless you have ridiculous talent on the OL like UGA. All of Leach's proteges have adapted to using a mobile QB (among other adjustments). Time for Leach to do the same or retire. Watching a noodle armed statue throw flares to the RBs as his primary read makes me want to scoop out my eyes with a rusty spoon.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Would be a bad move for him. He has looked good the last 2 weeks but he struggled alot of 2022. Coming back would help him move up a few rounds
    Rattler is already gonna be a 4th round pick and if he leaves now, he's firmly in the "I can fix him" camp for head coaches in the NFL.

With how weak this QB class is (1 true star QB who is held back by a horrid OC, then a bunch of mid round, should be project guys getting pushed up in Stroud, Levis, Richardson), Rattler can easily find himself in the 2nd round. He needs to strike while the iron is hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I would take Hornsby. Leach can coach him up, and Hornsby athleticism would give us an entirely different dimension. I would take him right now if he was interested.
    Passing ability just isn’t there.