Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- The Curse of Mullen

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- The Curse of Mullen

1. Great day cooking with the kids. Pime rib, lobster, boiled shrimp, taters, corn, onions...finished off with fudge brownies topped with ice cream. Couldnt have turned out any better.

2. Mississippi got their version of a Dan Mullen Egg Bowl last night. Home team looking to get another win to solidify them into a very good bowl and cap a good season amid rumors that their coach was looking to leave them for another job. All the excitement of an Egg Bowl ending with a disappointing loss. We lived it and they got their turn last night.

3. Speaking of Lame, I'm not sure he leaves them. He's fighting that battle a Dad faces. His children are there with him and happy where they are. He makes great money. Good job security. Do you leave that to take the promotion? Is the chance to win a title worth disrupting the safeness he currently has? Going to Auburn disrupts what he has currently for him and the kids. Going to Auburn brings a bigger microscope. Going to Auburn makes the expectations grow- anything less than a title and you're a failure. Going to Auburn means you have to beat the King, not just play him close. Curious to see what he decides this weekend

4. What a job by Arnette last night. He threw everything plus the kitchen sink at Kiffin. Those stops to force FG's early on were the key to the game. They always start fast and we kept them to 3 instead of 6's. Huge. Great job with the run D. They played tough all night long. Held the TB's to only 91 yards on 27 carries. Even more importantly- held Jax Dirt completely in check. He was locked down and sacked 4 times. Just a helluva job defensively. They averaged 500 yards per and we held them to 335 yards.

5. Key break to the game? Mingo's dropped pass when he was wide ass open. He makes that catch and likely gets the ball inside the 5 if he doesnt score. Turned a likely 7 into another FG. Huge play early in the game that went our way. It's nice to have luck go your way. Ya know what wasn't luck? Tulu's hustle to get Rogers fumble back. Just an incredible hustle play that also saved our ass last night.

6. Now on to Rogers. He was bad last night for most of the game. Just alot of bad decisions. Folds like a lawn chair under pressure. Bad interception. The fumbles. Running OOB on way short on 4th and 7. But he put it together enough to score enough to win the game. They got very little pressure on us on the drive before half and in the 2nd half. This helped Rogers get us down the field a couple of times for points to win the game. He is what he is- a system QB. Special shout out to the Mississippi secondary for the blown coverage that provided our winning points.

7. #RTGDF. When we have done it- the offense looks and works better. It's not rocket surgery. 26 carries for 149 from our TB's. Great job by both TB's to get this team what it needed. Hard physical runs to keep the D off balance. It makes you sick to watch us throw the ball when we are facing a 4 man box. It's just not good football. It's dumb. When this O runs the ball- good things happen. Great 2nd half with 16 runs for over 100 yards.

8. 15 TFL's last night. Just amazing by the D. Charlton doing a great job to stop their 2 pt play. It's things like that why teams with alot of returning starters/Seniors are the best teams. A younger Charlton or another guy in general may bite harder on the toss fake and be out of position due to the aggressive nature down on the goalline. Instead you had a vet guy that didnt get out of position and was able to knock the shuffle pass away.

9. Who had State would rush for the most yards and Mississippi would pass for more yards on their bingo card?

10. The Egg is back home and the worst rivalry game coach in America finally gets a W. #HailState
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Can Lane stay now. Perusing the plantation message boards he is public enemy #1. I'm not even sure a 5 star recruit would provide enough salve for their red ass.

vCash
    Yep on all points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Can Lane stay now. Perusing the plantation message boards he is public enemy #1. I'm not even sure a 5 star recruit would provide enough salve for their red ass.
    You GROSSLY underestimate their addiction to recruiting
    Last edited by Rick Danko; 11-25-2022 at 12:03 PM.

vCash
    Lane's post game presser was pure sore loser narcissistic meltdown. It was glorious.

Good write up 34.

vCash
    The success or failure of a move to Auburn depends on Saban's next move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Lane's post game presser was pure sore loser narcissistic meltdown. It was glorious.

Good write up 34.
    yeah he spent 10 minutes talking about how they got 17'd by the refs on the blown whistle lateral

vCash
    Well done Coach. And the sun seemed a little brighter this morning. It’s gonna be a good day.

vCash
    It seems to me that the air raid (any offense really) works the best when you have an accurate QB ✔️, a QB that can make positive plays with his feet, and a QB that can stretch the Defense throwing downfield. We're 8-4 with a QB who's only good at one of those things... if our QB could do 2 of those we'd compete in the West..if he could do all 3 then we could be special... here's hoping we find that guy and CML is willing to play him..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    It seems to me that the air raid (any offense really) works the best when you have an accurate QB ✔️, a QB that can make positive plays with his feet, and a QB that can stretch the Defense throwing downfield. We're 8-4 with a QB who's only good at one of those things... if our QB could do 2 of those we'd compete in the West..if he could do all 3 then we could be special... here's hoping we find that guy and CML is willing to play him..
    CML must go find that guy; it’s a condition of his continued employment. And I mean someone who can play NOW.

vCash
    Will finally started stepping forward in the pocket and good things happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    1. Great day cooking with the kids. Pime rib, lobster, boiled shrimp, taters, corn, onions...finished off with fudge brownies topped with ice cream. Couldnt have turned out any better.

2. Mississippi got their version of a Dan Mullen Egg Bowl last night. Home team looking to get another win to solidify them into a very good bowl and cap a good season amid rumors that their coach was looking to leave them for another job. All the excitement of an Egg Bowl ending with a disappointing loss. We lived it and they got their turn last night.

3. Speaking of Lame, I'm not sure he leaves them. He's fighting that battle a Dad faces. His children are there with him and happy where they are. He makes great money. Good job security. Do you leave that to take the promotion? Is the chance to win a title worth disrupting the safeness he currently has? Going to Auburn disrupts what he has currently for him and the kids. Going to Auburn brings a bigger microscope. Going to Auburn makes the expectations grow- anything less than a title and you're a failure. Going to Auburn means you have to beat the King, not just play him close. Curious to see what he decides this weekend

4. What a job by Arnette last night. He threw everything plus the kitchen sink at Kiffin. Those stops to force FG's early on were the key to the game. They always start fast and we kept them to 3 instead of 6's. Huge. Great job with the run D. They played tough all night long. Held the TB's to only 91 yards on 27 carries. Even more importantly- held Jax Dirt completely in check. He was locked down and sacked 4 times. Just a helluva job defensively. They averaged 500 yards per and we held them to 335 yards.

5. Key break to the game? Mingo's dropped pass when he was wide ass open. He makes that catch and likely gets the ball inside the 5 if he doesnt score. Turned a likely 7 into another FG. Huge play early in the game that went our way. It's nice to have luck go your way. Ya know what wasn't luck? Tulu's hustle to get Rogers fumble back. Just an incredible hustle play that also saved our ass last night.

6. Now on to Rogers. He was bad last night for most of the game. Just alot of bad decisions. Folds like a lawn chair under pressure. Bad interception. The fumbles. Running OOB on way short on 4th and 7. But he put it together enough to score enough to win the game. They got very little pressure on us on the drive before half and in the 2nd half. This helped Rogers get us down the field a couple of times for points to win the game. He is what he is- a system QB. Special shout out to the Mississippi secondary for the blown coverage that provided our winning points.

7. #RTGDF. When we have done it- the offense looks and works better. It's not rocket surgery. 26 carries for 149 from our TB's. Great job by both TB's to get this team what it needed. Hard physical runs to keep the D off balance. It makes you sick to watch us throw the ball when we are facing a 4 man box. It's just not good football. It's dumb. When this O runs the ball- good things happen. Great 2nd half with 16 runs for over 100 yards.

8. 15 TFL's last night. Just amazing by the D. Charlton doing a great job to stop their 2 pt play. It's things like that why teams with alot of returning starters/Seniors are the best teams. A younger Charlton or another guy in general may bite harder on the toss fake and be out of position due to the aggressive nature down on the goalline. Instead you had a vet guy that didnt get out of position and was able to knock the shuffle pass away.

9. Who had State would rush for the most yards and Mississippi would pass for more yards on their bingo card?

10. The Egg is back home and the worst rivalry game coach in America finally gets a W. #HailState
    I would add that our special teams played great as well?.all phases!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    I would add that our special teams played great as well?.all phases!
    Easily the best game I?ve seen a punter at MSU play. Return guys picked us up great field position all night. FG unit converted on their one high pressure moment. Ignore the dud of an opening kick off and special teams gets an A++

vCash
    Good write up 34. We were so physical on both sides of the ball last night. So many heroes last night. Tons of effort and hustle plays, from tulu rescuing the fumble to Mingo getting smoked early in the game by green and dropping the ball, just so many kids selling out and playing hard. Our rbs and OL we were physical all night. We set the tone all night. If Will had played a better game we win that by a comfortable 2 scores. For all the complaints about Leach his teams play hard and with effort and that means a lot to me. I can live with that! Great win and HAILSTATE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Good write up 34. We were so physical on both sides of the ball last night. So many heroes last night. Tons of effort and hustle plays, from tulu rescuing the fumble to Mingo getting smoked early in the game by green and dropping the ball, just so many kids selling out and playing hard. Our rbs and OL we were physical all night. We set the tone all night. If Will had played a better game we win that by a comfortable 2 scores. For all the complaints about Leach his teams play hard and with effort and that means a lot to me. I can live with that! Great win and HAILSTATE!
    Hell if Will doesn’t try to be Dak, we win by 2 scores…

vCash
    Lane was very complimentary of Arnett last night. He said he did a lot of cover 0 run blitz on 1st downs and other things no one ever does that are very aggressive. I said last week that we had the corners to play man on the back end and sell-out for the run. I just didn't know if we could pull it off. When you do that the middle of the field is open but they just couldn't quite make us pay, and we had some good pass break-ups when they did try the middle.

Both TEs for OM were out for the year, Kelley surgery and Trigg suspended. So they had to go 4 WR the whole game and couldn't quite get their run block figured out on the edges. They had been trying Mingo in an H type role to get a bigger body blocking but he hurt his ribs on one of those pass break-ups and was ineffective blocking.

Sometimes things just go right for the good guys.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Hell if Will doesn’t try to be Dak, we win by 2 scores…
    Oh I agree I meant to put 2+ scores but I can't type.

vCash
    Om is not the same offense after those scripted plays run out. You survive the first quarter without giving up a bunch of scores they're very stoppable. Lane doesn't make adjustments after that and they keep running the same plays over and over and defenses figure them out. Lanes not some genius they just shock teams early by going fast and when that runs out they don't have much to rely on.I've watched it all year. Heck Troy outscored them in the second half and Tulsa would've beat em if the qb didn't get hurt. They finally started playing real teams and their luck ran out. Those of us that watched them closely said we could stop em and we did.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Om is not the same offense after those scripted plays run out. You survive the first quarter without giving up a bunch of scores they're very stoppable. Lane doesn't make adjustments after that and they keep running the same plays over and over and defenses figure them out. Lanes not some genius they just shock teams early by going fast and when that runs out they don't have much to rely on.I've watched it all year. Heck Troy outscored them in the second half and Tulsa would've beat em if the qb didn't get hurt. They finally started playing real teams and their luck ran out. Those of us that watched them closely said we could stop em and we did.
    Lane is very much like Mullen. If everything goes to plan early, he looks like a genius. If the script goes off the rails, he's lost . He's not a good in game adjuster. Last night showed that. He tries to get too cute at times and it costs him. He's a text book narcissist. We stopped their run and he didn't know what to do. Dart still isn't to the point in his career to make reads and take a game over. I think last night Arnett gave the blue print to beating them next year. Load the box, pressure Dart and good things happen.

vCash
    A reb told me that Charlie Weis Jr writes the script for the start of the game during the week of preparation. Kiffen does the play calling once the scripted drives run out. I don't know if its true but its possible.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.