Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- The Curse of Mullen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    Lane is very much like Mullen. If everything goes to plan early, he looks like a genius. If the script goes off the rails, he's lost . He's not a good in game adjuster. Last night showed that. He tries to get too cute at times and it costs him. He's a text book narcissist. We stopped their run and he didn't know what to do. Dart still isn't to the point in his career to make reads and take a game over. I think last night Arnett gave the blue print to beating them next year. Load the box, pressure Dart and good things happen.
    Great post! 100%!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    A reb told me that Charlie Weis Jr writes the script for the start of the game during the week of preparation. Kiffen does the play calling once the scripted drives run out. I don't know if its true but its possible.
    I wouldn't be surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Om is not the same offense after those scripted plays run out. You survive the first quarter without giving up a bunch of scores they're very stoppable. Lane doesn't make adjustments after that and they keep running the same plays over and over and defenses figure them out. Lanes not some genius they just shock teams early by going fast and when that runs out they don't have much to rely on.I've watched it all year. Heck Troy outscored them in the second half and Tulsa would've beat em if the qb didn't get hurt. They finally started playing real teams and their luck ran out. Those of us that watched them closely said we could stop em and we did.
    Me and you both (and others I'm sure) have been saying this all season. You have to survive the initial onslaught and then they are extremely average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Me and you both (and others I'm sure) have been saying this all season. You have to survive the initial onslaught and then they are extremely average.
    Yep! They are very predictable in what they do. It's like an agressive boxer. Let him punch himself out without hurting you and then you beat him to death.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I know it?s been said, but I keep going over the stats. 15 TFL! Are you kidding me? A complete ass whipping up front.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I know it?s been said, but I keep going over the stats. 15 TFL! Are you kidding me? A complete ass whipping up front.
    Yes it was! Our front seven beat the heck out of them. So much fun to watch!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    A reb told me that Charlie Weis Jr writes the script for the start of the game during the week of preparation. Kiffen does the play calling once the scripted drives run out. I don't know if its true but its possible.
    You might remember the OM Bama game in 2014 when Bama was buttstomping OM 14-0 and about to go up 21 all by running the ball. OM couldn't stop them. Then Lane starts throwing the ball at the 10 and fails to score then proceeds to lose the game. Saban looked like he was about to strangle Kiffen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    You might remember the OM Bama game in 2014 when Bama was buttstomping OM 14-0 and about to go up 21 all by running the ball. OM couldn't stop them. Then Lane starts throwing the ball at the 10 and fails to score then proceeds to lose the game. Saban looked like he was about to strangle Kiffen.
    Yep!

vCash
    I've always thought it would be easier for a playcaller to work from the booth where you can see everything. And I am not a fan of the HC calling the game, there are too many decisions to make managing the game outside of play calling. No matter how good you are something is going to suffer, no one can focus on everything all the time. Like Mullen's timeout usage for example.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Yeah that was just plum stoopid! Shock and awe for UM!

vCash
    Biggest issue with Rogers right now is his inability to protect the football both as a pocket passer under pressure as well as when he runs. It seems like if you just brush his arm he loses the football. Could have easily cost us the game last night as well as the Auburn game. Even though I get frustrated with his inability to throw the ball down the field I can live with that if he would protect the ball better and stop the continued fumbling.

vCash
    If scripted plays are so great—why not run them again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Will finally started stepping forward in the pocket and good things happened.
    Heck yes!!!!! He has got to stop retreating at the first breathe of pressure. A 2 yard sack or 2 yard scramble run beats the hell out of a 12 yard sack.