Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Well

vCash
    I could understand this thread if it was a "See I told y'all OM was overrated".

Will had 3 turnovers and was very lucky he didn't have 5 on 2 other balls that should've been picked. Not very often you win a game that you have a 3 to 1 negative TO margin in.

I haven't rewatched this game yet, but I have others we lost earlier in year and there are almost always open receivers he doesn't see. And he absolutely hates contact of any kind. Gotta be better than that to be a top notch SEC QB.

Banned
    vCash
    Let's go drive by drive for Will:

Drive 1: B. Made all the short throws needed. Missed the wide open TD that he would hit earlier in the year. Made good checks to running the ball. Marks was the star of the drive with Tulu a close second. That screen and then running the defender over was a solid tone setter. Tulu gets the rivalry and I hope we keep him another year.

Drive 2: F. 3 & Out and pathetic sack. He's not park mahomes. Step up and throw it out of bounds or run it for as much yards as you can.

Drive 3: F- Tulu saved the game from flipping out of control on us. Scoop and score was the difference in 2020 and we didn't let that happen. Shoutout to Tulu.

Drive 4: D. At least we got a first down but again he can't throw anything downfield. Pathetic.

Drive 5: F. 1st & 5 at the 50 and we got 0 yards and 3 incompletions. One receiver dropping passes is on the receiver. Multiple receivers dropping passes makes me question the QB. (Also if you want to give him credit for checking to runs, then you gotta take blame for not doing it here. Woody has four carries the first drive and then 2 more the rest of the half.)

Drive 6: F. Only reason it's not a minus is that he had a decent air throw to JRob. But he didn't have the arm strength to throw the freaking ball away. Stop scrambling out of pocket and trying to make a throw. He clearly cannot do it.

Drive 7: A. Best Will drive of the night. He stepped up in the pocket when he felt pressure. Hit the throws he needed. Actually made pretty solid reads. The only thing holding it from a + is the weird short run / dump offs that cost us our timeouts. Thankfully it worked out in the end. Good throw to Tulu. Wonder why we never went back to a play like that (15 yard curl into open space).

Drive 8: D. It's Fourth down and he tries to scramble then just quits on the drive. Any goodwill he had bought just deflated. The drive moved cause Woody was solid but I'll bump Will from F to D for making the checks to his halfbacks I guess.

Drive 9: F-. What a ****ing *****. There's no defending that. I don't need to describe which one this was.

Drive 10: F-. Christ he really REALLY made you wonder if he was trying to throw this game. Back to Back two of the worst plays in terms of being a footballer that I've ever seen someone have.

Drive 11: C+. Was making good checks to DJ and Marks running as they started to take over. Made some ok underneath throws and did enough to not **** us up. But when we needed to punch it in, he just dumped it to a fully covered halfback. Really felt like we scored the field goal in spite of Will and not because of him. But at least he didn't just completely tank the drive.

Drive 12: A-. He understood to trust the HBs and made the easiest TD throw I've seen. Can't say he did more than the before half drive, but he did everything asked of him. Make good audible and score TD.

Drive 13: D+. Not docking him fully here. This screamed weird Egg Bowl shit. He made good reads on 3 of the 4 plays. He at least fumbled moving forward. He was trying to be Mr. Hero and yes, I agree a Will Rogers rushing TD would have been the dagger. But he also had selfish blinders on. And he almost helped us snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Drive 14: C. Didn't fumble the snaps and kneeled effectively.

A QB cannot have 6 F rated or worse drives (almost 50%) and only two A drives and one B drive. We need someone better to take us to the next level. We need to hit the portal if no one on the roster can beat him out. Jayden Daniels came in just fine to LSU. We need to go shopping.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You are such a baby. I bet on us, so you're wrong

ETA... I changed my mind on this game after I saw the WCBI report
    I threw 10u on State o6.5 wins and 5u on State +5.5 in the Egg Bowl in preseason.

Homerism has me positive on the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Let's go drive by drive for Will:

Drive 1: B. Made all the short throws needed. Missed the wide open TD that he would hit earlier in the year. Made good checks to running the ball. Marks was the star of the drive with Tulu a close second. That screen and then running the defender over was a solid tone setter. Tulu gets the rivalry and I hope we keep him another year.

Drive 2: F. 3 & Out and pathetic sack. He's not park mahomes. Step up and throw it out of bounds or run it for as much yards as you can.

Drive 3: F- Tulu saved the game from flipping out of control on us. Scoop and score was the difference in 2020 and we didn't let that happen. Shoutout to Tulu.

Drive 4: D. At least we got a first down but again he can't throw anything downfield. Pathetic.

Drive 5: F. 1st & 5 at the 50 and we got 0 yards and 3 incompletions. One receiver dropping passes is on the receiver. Multiple receivers dropping passes makes me question the QB. (Also if you want to give him credit for checking to runs, then you gotta take blame for not doing it here. Woody has four carries the first drive and then 2 more the rest of the half.)

Drive 6: F. Only reason it's not a minus is that he had a decent air throw to JRob. But he didn't have the arm strength to throw the freaking ball away. Stop scrambling out of pocket and trying to make a throw. He clearly cannot do it.

Drive 7: A. Best Will drive of the night. He stepped up in the pocket when he felt pressure. Hit the throws he needed. Actually made pretty solid reads. The only thing holding it from a + is the weird short run / dump offs that cost us our timeouts. Thankfully it worked out in the end. Good throw to Tulu. Wonder why we never went back to a play like that (15 yard curl into open space).

Drive 8: D. It's Fourth down and he tries to scramble then just quits on the drive. Any goodwill he had bought just deflated. The drive moved cause Woody was solid but I'll bump Will from F to D for making the checks to his halfbacks I guess.

Drive 9: F-. What a ****ing *****. There's no defending that. I don't need to describe which one this was.

Drive 10: F-. Christ he really REALLY made you wonder if he was trying to throw this game. Back to Back two of the worst plays in terms of being a footballer that I've ever seen someone have.

Drive 11: C+. Was making good checks to DJ and Marks running as they started to take over. Made some ok underneath throws and did enough to not **** us up. But when we needed to punch it in, he just dumped it to a fully covered halfback. Really felt like we scored the field goal in spite of Will and not because of him. But at least he didn't just completely tank the drive.

Drive 12: A-. He understood to trust the HBs and made the easiest TD throw I've seen. Can't say he did more than the before half drive, but he did everything asked of him. Make good audible and score TD.

Drive 13: D+. Not docking him fully here. This screamed weird Egg Bowl shit. He made good reads on 3 of the 4 plays. He at least fumbled moving forward. He was trying to be Mr. Hero and yes, I agree a Will Rogers rushing TD would have been the dagger. But he also had selfish blinders on. And he almost helped us snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Drive 14: C. Didn't fumble the snaps and kneeled effectively.

A QB cannot have 6 F rated or worse drives (almost 50%) and only two A drives and one B drive. We need someone better to take us to the next level. We need to hit the portal if no one on the roster can beat him out. Jayden Daniels came in just fine to LSU. We need to go shopping.
    Drive 8 was the worst for me. Running out of bounds when you committed to scramble on 4th down IN THE EGG BOWL is unacceptable. That tells me everything I need to know about you and your will to win. Absolutely pathetic.

Drive 13 I am not even mad about (assuming leach called that and Will didn’t check into it). Weird stuff happens on thanksgiving

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Drive 8 was the worst for me. Running out of bounds when you committed to scramble on 4th down IN THE EGG BOWL is unacceptable. That tells me everything I need to know about you and your will to win. Absolutely pathetic.

Drive 13 I am not even mad about (assuming leach called that and Will didn’t check into it). Weird stuff happens on thanksgiving
    I actually thought the call for Will to keep was a good one. Had he not fumbled, no one would say a word about it. Ole Miss committed to trying to stop the RB. Will made a call and I thought it was the right one. Worst case scenario outside of a fumble was we get stopped, get to waste another 40 seconds, and either come away with a TD or kick a FG and get to waste another 40 seconds AND have a 2 score lead.

I thought it was a good play call that situationally made sense. Will just can't fumble there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I actually thought the call for Will to keep was a good one. Had he not fumbled, no one would say a word about it. Ole Miss committed to trying to stop the RB. Will made a call and I thought it was the right one. Worst case scenario outside of a fumble was we get stopped, get to waste another 40 seconds, and either come away with a TD or kick a FG and get to waste another 40 seconds AND have a 2 score lead.

I thought it was a good play call that situationally made sense. Will just can't fumble there.
    Yes I agree from an X and O perspective but you just have to know your personnel. I don’t know maybe we practice that play all the time and Will runs it beautifully But with his ball security issues, there is no way I am calling that with the game on the line. Now if you have a guy who is used to running, and we know can keep the ball secure absolutely but nothing about wills game tells us that.

Personally, I am running with DJ three times in a row (Leach please god install a wildcat package with DJ and Marks both back there) and if we do not get it kick the field goal. Makes it a two score game late in the fourth. You didn’t NEED a TD there, no need to go risky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Nothing worse than a bunch of has beens or never was fans. What kills me though is vast majorities of these posters never spent more than JV years doing sports activities. They don’t know the work these athletes put in.

Yes, Will had a bad game, but he still made every completed pass first down throw that we absolutely needed. He still moved the ball when it was needed, he did enough to win. Could he have done better yes he could and he would tell you that as well.

Just like with Forsythe in baseball, give it a rest you no talent anonymous fans, you couldn’t hold these athletes jock straps even if they told you how.
    You?d be surprised on some these anonymous fans that post here. They?re a little beyond JV to say the least. But keep your rant?.. we all hide behind keyboards anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    You?d be surprised on some these anonymous fans that post here. They?re a little beyond JV to say the least. But keep your rant?.. we all hide behind keyboards anyways.
    haha no kidding. We have a number of former State players that post here.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Cool no answer. I will rewatch the game and be looking out for all the crow eating we need to be doing from Will?s play. Must have somehow missed it last night. Silly me
    No I was simply saying read all I have said in this thread. Cool

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Bucky..you have a game to prepare for tonight if you?re still on staff at Brandon. I know Sam is looking forward to playing against Robin Lee tonight. Good luck.

With that said, it?s okay to be hard on a player and admit some things. In every loss this year, Will hasn?t let his nuts dropped and played ball. Tonight, we finally overcame him and won a game. I wish we could?ve done it against LSU and Kentucky, but the cards didn?t fold that way. You need to tell Will to stop giving money to Wyatt Davis in the off-season because those scrambling drills he has him doing caused us some serious loss of yards tonight.

Yeah the RT may have given up a play or two but it doesn?t help when the QB is scrambling right into his back and therefore causing a sack. That?s awareness in the pocket.

We all saw what we are capable of when we push the ball down field, run well, and step up in the pocket.
    Thanks for your support

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He no doubt has played better games, but the hate on here is over the top. Get a grip. Honest to God one of his worst games that he has ever played at any level. And we still found a way. Im not here to argue. The proof is in the result. Yall deserve to eat the crow. Hail State
    Stop trying to label it as hate Bucky. No one hates Will and it hurts your credibility. There are simple facts in play here about his capabilities and his glaring weaknesses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    I've felt that a lot of the criticism on here against you has been very unwarranted, but this thread didn't need to be made. You're trying to peacock over a crow. He played about as poorly as he could and the D and RBs willed us to that win. I've been a very vocal Will supporter and have even defended you good bit to some of the more hateful posters on here, but last night Will did nothing to disprove any criticism he's gotten. The couple of times he stepped up in the pocket he made some great throws. He gets happy feet too much with any pressure and he needs to fix that in the off-season or next year we are gonna have a couple of games just like this where people come unhinged. I'm still convinced some on here wanted us to lose just to be able to continue to say outlandish shit, but sometimes you have to just let things go and let the boys do the talking.
    Best post on thread. I am a big Will fan, also yet he played about as bad as he could and State still win. Pray he gets stronger before next year and work on awareness and moving forward in the pocket. For State to be a better team Will, needs to get better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Best post on thread. I am a big Will fan, also yet he played about as bad as he could and State still win. Pray he gets stronger before next year and work on awareness and moving forward in the pocket. For State to be a better team Will, needs to get better.
    CML must go get us a QB who can play NOW; it’s a condition of his continued employment.

vCash
    Hahahahahaha this thread man. Wow. We won in spite of 2. He’s a great dude nothing against him. But Tyson Lee is a great dude as well. There’s a lot of great dudes out there. You can’t honestly think anyone is eating crow and that’s showing with 95% of the posts here. LOL

vCash
    The one play which saved the game and a QBs mental state was Tulus' hustle to save a QBs fumble from being a scoop 6. If that would've happened we would've not recovered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    The one play which saved the game and a QBs mental state was Tulus' hustle to save a QBs fumble from being a scoop 6. If that would've happened we would've not recovered.
    Philadelphia boys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

I disagree on it being a good call. He's skittish the entire night. If we run it 3 times and don't get in with the tailbacks, we burn 2 minutes and we make it a 27-16 lead and the ball game is over. Just an absolute shit decision to cap off a game full of them. I think he wanted to try and make up for all the BS earlier in the game.

vCash
    I love Will and I believe he is an extremely hard worker and an excellent leader. I just have to wonder if this is it for him and as a result MSU has hit the ceiling. It?s a miracle we won that game and it was won on the backs of the defense and our two backs. This offense can only be as good as the QB and it looks like Wills limitations have been reached. I hope I?m wrong but I?m afraid I?m not.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Will Rogers almost single-handedly lost the egg bowl last night. We won in spite of his god awful performance. What a time to post this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Again you guys cant help yourselves. Im not here to talk down to you. The offense absolutely has to improve. But if you think anyone on the team is out working or out preparing the QB you have no clue.
    I think Will needs to go to a nationally known QB coach like Tom House.

What I see is a player who thinks too much and tries to do too much. That leads to tentativeness and holding onto the ball too long. And it's part of the reason he doesn't scramble a lot.