Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well

vCash
    People were complaining over on the Ole Miss board they weren't pressuring will enough. They said with average pressure he runs out of bounds or throws it in the stands. Other teams see it. It's easy to see when you're not attached to him.

Like another poster said, we literally won despite Will. Just when I thought I might eat some crow the man turns it over on their 1 yard line. If Tulu doesn't haul butt to grab another one of his fumbles that may have been a scoop and score. If our defense doesn't play lights out no way we're in that game. Dillon Johnson and Marks were unbelievable. The heart I saw in just those two players alone was amazing. Heck even our punter came to play. Our wide receivers were great. Our offensive line played extremely well. Will literally ran into sacks. I also couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him turn tail and run backwards. He looked like a child among men and thats not the first time, or second time...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Nobody thinks that Bucky. But if you don't think he's part of the problem, you don't have a clue.
    Haha nah dude. I have lots of clues. He had some serious bad moments. The fumble on the goaline and scrambling into sacks when he has protection cannot happen. Running out of bounds on 4th down cannot happen. But we dont win without him. Or the others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Its not hard. Will and all the other players are grown they can handle it. But this place lost it all year long and most never gave us a chance in hell to win that game. And some literally are wanting the kid thrown off of campus. Its laughable.
    Message boards are rough on athletes and their families.

vCash
    Haha nah dude. I have lots of clues. He had some serious bad moments. The fumble on the goaline and scrambling into sacks when he has protection cannot happen. Running out of bounds on 4th down cannot happen. But we dont win without him. Or the others.
    We don't win without him because our HC doesn't have anyone capable behind him and he's not willing to adjust an offense to fit another QB.

vCash
    But we dont win without him.
    You're very loyal, I'll give you that. A bit delusional, but loyal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    People were complaining over on the Ole Miss board they weren't pressuring will enough. They said with average pressure he runs out of bounds or throws it in the stands. Other teams see it. It's easy to see when you're not attached to him.

Like another poster said, we literally won despite Will. Just when I thought I might eat some crow the man turns it over on their 1 yard line. If Tulu doesn't haul butt to grab another one of his fumbles that may have been a scoop and score. If our defense doesn't play lights out no way we're in that game. Dillon Johnson and Marks were unbelievable. The heart I saw in just those two players alone was amazing. Heck even our punter came to play. Our wide receivers were great. Our offensive line played extremely well. Will literally ran into sacks. I also couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him turn tail and run backwards. He looked like a child among men and thats not the first time, or second time...

Im just gonna level with you. Our WRs have been an issue since day 1. There is a reason Leach is complaining about hands and effort. Im not blaming anyone in particular. Unlike some on here. Walley was tough Rufus was tough. Robinson had a few catches. Tulu makes the play of the year. He needs the ball. We blocked well on the perimeter and for some reason never went back out there after the first drive. Our RT got abused all night. Nobody is wanting to run him off to delta state. Ducking is a huge issue. Nobody is wanting his scholarship gone. The RBs are absolute warriors. Do you know who gets them the ball? And when we change to a run do you know who gets his ass chewed? Think about that. I said I wasnt gonna do this haha I guess I cant help myself either

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Class? This is a football message board, not a QB Fansite. If we got a new QB tomorrow, everyone would switch their allegiance the second he ran for a first down instead of stepping out 3 yards short.

Look, I get everyone?s criticisms on Will. They are valid. They are valid. Let me say it again, they are valid. The kid just doesn?t have whatever IT is. This is SEC football. Support your team and players, but hell man sometimes a team and fan base have to move on when it is clear the player?s ceiling has been reached.

All the records mean nothing, talk about paper tigers. Dak?s meant something. There is no one that can look me in the eye and could tell me a single one of Will?s records means anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    You're very loyal, I'll give you that. A bit delusional, but loyal.
    I actually have a bit of knowledge about this sport

vCash
    Nothing worse than a bunch of has beens or never was fans. What kills me though is vast majorities of these posters never spent more than JV years doing sports activities. They don’t know the work these athletes put in.

Yes, Will had a bad game, but he still made every completed pass first down throw that we absolutely needed. He still moved the ball when it was needed, he did enough to win. Could he have done better yes he could and he would tell you that as well.

Just like with Forsythe in baseball, give it a rest you no talent anonymous fans, you couldn’t hold these athletes jock straps even if they told you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Class? This is a football message board, not a QB Fansite. If we got a new QB tomorrow, everyone would switch their allegiance the second he ran for a first down instead of stepping out 3 yards short.

Look, I get everyone?s criticisms on Will. They are valid. They are valid. Let me say it again, they are valid. The kid just doesn?t have whatever IT is. This is SEC football. Support your team and players, but hell man sometimes a team and fan base have to move on when it is clear the player?s ceiling has been reached.

All the records mean nothing, talk about paper tigers. Dak?s meant something. There is no one that can look me in the eye and could tell me a single one of Will?s records means anything.
    I can. And the rest of the team can. Only this board could respond like this after beating ole miss

vCash
    I actually have a bit of knowledge about this sport
    You do, but you're human, and like all humans, emotions cloud intellect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    We don't win without him because our HC doesn't have anyone capable behind him and he's not willing to adjust an offense to fit another QB.
    Translated to we dont have another QB that can beat him out even after bringing in transfers and 7 on 7 QBs from Texas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You do, but you're human, and like all humans, emotions cloud intellect
    Agreed. I love the kid. But I love State too. I loved State when Will was an OM fan. As bad as we wanted to beat them I can promise you he wanted it just as bad

vCash
    I want Will to be good so bad. I really do, and at times he looks darn good, but this year he was way to inconsistent. He'd disappear for series at a time. I'm not giving up on him, but starting in the bowl and through the spring he needs to take a huge next step.

vCash
    Honestly, you called it Bucky. You said we were going to beat them but not sure Will made anyone eat crow. Arnett's "D" made people eat crow and I'm one of them. I really didn't think we could slow down their running game on a wet field and thought as the game progressed they would start gashing a tired D. That didn't happen.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    I've felt that a lot of the criticism on here against you has been very unwarranted, but this thread didn't need to be made. You're trying to peacock over a crow. He played about as poorly as he could and the D and RBs willed us to that win. I've been a very vocal Will supporter and have even defended you good bit to some of the more hateful posters on here, but last night Will did nothing to disprove any criticism he's gotten. The couple of times he stepped up in the pocket he made some great throws. He gets happy feet too much with any pressure and he needs to fix that in the off-season or next year we are gonna have a couple of games just like this where people come unhinged. I'm still convinced some on here wanted us to lose just to be able to continue to say outlandish shit, but sometimes you have to just let things go and let the boys do the talking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Message boards are rough on athletes and their families.
    This.

He's a great young man. He had a terrible game last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    I've felt that a lot of the criticism on here against you has been very unwarranted, but this thread didn't need to be made. You're trying to peacock over a crow. He played about as poorly as he could and the D and RBs willed us to that win. I've been a very vocal Will supporter and have even defended you good bit to some of the more hateful posters on here, but last night Will did nothing to disprove any criticism he's gotten. The couple of times he stepped up in the pocket he made some great throws. He gets happy feet too much with any pressure and he needs to fix that in the off-season or next year we are gonna have a couple of games just like this where people come unhinged. I'm still convinced some on here wanted us to lose just to be able to continue to say outlandish shit, but sometimes you have to just let things go and let the boys do the talking.
    Oh no. I made a pact. Sealed in blood

vCash
    Eat crow? Excuse me? What am I missing? We won that game in spite of will not because of anything he did. You just cannot help yourself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Eat crow? Excuse me? What am I missing? We won that game in spite of will not because of anything he did. You just cannot help yourself
    Youre missing a lot. Eat it.