Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think Will needs to go to a nationally known QB coach like Tom House.

What I see is a player who thinks too much and tries to do too much. That leads to tentativeness and holding onto the ball too long. And it's part of the reason he doesn't scramble a lot.
    Well Leach is the QB coach and he isn't going to give it up, wished he would. Will needs to be more decisive. Make a decision and stick with it. Heck his decision to keep it at the goal line was probably the correct read. He just fumbled it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Well Leach is the QB coach and he isn't going to give it up, wished he would. Will needs to be more decisive. Make a decision and stick with it. Heck his decision to keep it at the goal line was probably the correct read. He just fumbled it.
    House may be able to help him with his arm strength if nothing else.

Guys like Tom Brady use him. I don't think that means the Bucs QB coach should hang it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    In his worst game Will Rogers still made some eat the crow. Shout out to Tulu Griffin with the play of the year. Saving that scoop and score won the game. Absolute unbelievable effort. Same with the defense. The plan and execution on defense was the best it has been since Arnett and staff was on campus. We had them with no answers for 80 percent of the game.

I said it all year long. They are paper tigers. And some on here were painting their stripes. We seriously had some folks on here saying they literally hate the kid and honest to God questioning if he wanted to win the game. You know who you are.

Im done with the I told you so. This board and this fan base needs to come together. Win the bowl. Hail State forever and its always GTHOM.
    Will made us eat crow last night??! Good Lord, man.

Hail State and so glad we won and that I was wrong about Ole Miss whipping us, but as for your "Will made y'all eat crow in his worst game last night" comment....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    In his worst game Will Rogers still made some eat the crow. Shout out to Tulu Griffin with the play of the year. Saving that scoop and score won the game. Absolute unbelievable effort. Same with the defense. The plan and execution on defense was the best it has been since Arnett and staff was on campus. We had them with no answers for 80 percent of the game.

I said it all year long. They are paper tigers. And some on here were painting their stripes. We seriously had some folks on here saying they literally hate the kid and honest to God questioning if he wanted to win the game. You know who you are.

Im done with the I told you so. This board and this fan base needs to come together. Win the bowl. Hail State forever and it's always GTHOM.
    I do think some of the criticism against Will this year has been too much and not spread to some of the other issues (Leach, receivers, etc), but last night the criticism was warranted.

The number one responsibility of a QB is to take care of the ball, and he fumbled 3 times and threw a very bad interception. He unfortunately saved his worst game for the biggest game, but thankfully the defense bailed him out.

For whatever reason his play is trending in the wrong direction, and if he doesn't get it back on track a change will have to be made.
    Last edited by RiverCityDawg; 11-25-2022 at 05:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Will made us eat crow last night??! Good Lord, man.

Hail State and so glad we won and that I was wrong about Ole Miss whipping us, but as for your "Will made y'all eat crow in his worst game last night" comment....

Yeah, "eat crow" last night?? That's delusion at its finest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Will sucks on the road. His post awareness is awful. Leech letting Will change plays might need to change in some situations. Under no circumstances should Will run on the goal line. Should have direct snapped to Dillion 4 times if it took it. Yep-Will did not play good, except for the 2 drive for TD. Those drives he did great things. TD before half was huge. How about we quit downing our players and bask in the up-set win to go 8-4 in route to a Fla. Bowl.
    Our "offense" consistently disappeared for a quarter or two a game, every game, all loses and a couple of wins, AU and OM. This needs to be corrected before 2023 KO. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Let's go drive by drive for Will:

Drive 1: B. Made all the short throws needed. Missed the wide open TD that he would hit earlier in the year. Made good checks to running the ball. Marks was the star of the drive with Tulu a close second. That screen and then running the defender over was a solid tone setter. Tulu gets the rivalry and I hope we keep him another year.

Drive 2: F. 3 & Out and pathetic sack. He's not park mahomes. Step up and throw it out of bounds or run it for as much yards as you can.

Drive 3: F- Tulu saved the game from flipping out of control on us. Scoop and score was the difference in 2020 and we didn't let that happen. Shoutout to Tulu.

Drive 4: D. At least we got a first down but again he can't throw anything downfield. Pathetic.

Drive 5: F. 1st & 5 at the 50 and we got 0 yards and 3 incompletions. One receiver dropping passes is on the receiver. Multiple receivers dropping passes makes me question the QB. (Also if you want to give him credit for checking to runs, then you gotta take blame for not doing it here. Woody has four carries the first drive and then 2 more the rest of the half.)

Drive 6: F. Only reason it's not a minus is that he had a decent air throw to JRob. But he didn't have the arm strength to throw the freaking ball away. Stop scrambling out of pocket and trying to make a throw. He clearly cannot do it.

Drive 7: A. Best Will drive of the night. He stepped up in the pocket when he felt pressure. Hit the throws he needed. Actually made pretty solid reads. The only thing holding it from a + is the weird short run / dump offs that cost us our timeouts. Thankfully it worked out in the end. Good throw to Tulu. Wonder why we never went back to a play like that (15 yard curl into open space).

Drive 8: D. It's Fourth down and he tries to scramble then just quits on the drive. Any goodwill he had bought just deflated. The drive moved cause Woody was solid but I'll bump Will from F to D for making the checks to his halfbacks I guess.

Drive 9: F-. What a ****ing *****. There's no defending that. I don't need to describe which one this was.

Drive 10: F-. Christ he really REALLY made you wonder if he was trying to throw this game. Back to Back two of the worst plays in terms of being a footballer that I've ever seen someone have.

Drive 11: C+. Was making good checks to DJ and Marks running as they started to take over. Made some ok underneath throws and did enough to not **** us up. But when we needed to punch it in, he just dumped it to a fully covered halfback. Really felt like we scored the field goal in spite of Will and not because of him. But at least he didn't just completely tank the drive.

Drive 12: A-. He understood to trust the HBs and made the easiest TD throw I've seen. Can't say he did more than the before half drive, but he did everything asked of him. Make good audible and score TD.

Drive 13: D+. Not docking him fully here. This screamed weird Egg Bowl shit. He made good reads on 3 of the 4 plays. He at least fumbled moving forward. He was trying to be Mr. Hero and yes, I agree a Will Rogers rushing TD would have been the dagger. But he also had selfish blinders on. And he almost helped us snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Drive 14: C. Didn't fumble the snaps and kneeled effectively.

A QB cannot have 6 F rated or worse drives (almost 50%) and only two A drives and one B drive. We need someone better to take us to the next level. We need to hit the portal if no one on the roster can beat him out. Jayden Daniels came in just fine to LSU. We need to go shopping.
    This young man needs many summer school classes to improve his grades before the 2023 school year,(Football Season)!****

vCash
    Will regressed this season. He had no answer when SEC defensive coordinators realized he would crumble under pressure.

Competition will come in the Spring, either from the transfer portal or one of the younger higher-rated guys steps up.

He will either figure it out (I would love for that to be the case) or someone will win the job from him.

If they look at film and don’t have a serious “coming to Jesus” meeting about QB play….Leach is allowing it to happen.