Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support Bulldog Initiative

vCash

Support Bulldog Initiative

vCash
    Yep, this is a great opportunity to donate while we've got momentum and excitement in the fanbase. $50k in 3 days would by incredible.

vCash
    We pack over 50,000 fans in Davis Wade on Saturdays. $50 donation from each = $2,500,000. We HAVE to get mobilized and start doing this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SandlotDawg View Post
    We pack over 50,000 fans in Davis Wade on Saturdays. $50 donation from each = $2,500,000. We HAVE to get mobilized and start doing this.
    No way in hell we can get that from our fans. We complain, but we have to be the cheapest fan base in the SEC.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Can’t be stated enough. As a fan base we have to support this.

vCash
    What's stopping the BI from getting some corporate sponsors? That's the key to getting serious NIL funds. For example, in just a few months, OM has amassed (allegedly) over 10 million in their Grove Collective. I know our donor list in terms of #'s of people has grown substantially since Cohen left, but normal folks giving $20 a month isn't going to move the needle like that...

vCash
    We are cheap yes. But it?s time for us to start going and asking Mossy Oak, Clark Bottling, Puckett Machinery, Ergon, etc

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    No way in hell we can get that from our fans. We complain, but we have to be the cheapest fan base in the SEC.
    Without a doubt

vCash
    I have a question. I'm an inactive member of the Bulldog Club. By that I mean that I haven't been contributing for a while. If I'm going to contribute to one or the other, which should it be BC or NIL initiative. (We ain't talking thousands of dollars)

vCash
    Agreed. I would be sitting down with each large company that has MSU ties and see what we could do. The Athletic Department should be meeting with our alumni that are professional athletes and see what we could do. But no matter what, the common fan needs to get on board. If they can attend a football game once a year and a baseball or basketball game every now and then, then they can make a $50 donation here and there. It?s doable. The AD just needs to get everyone on board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    $5 a month is nothing. If you are on the fence SIGN UP. I will come to your house and make you one Frappuccino a month to save the $5 in Starbucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    I have a question. I'm an inactive member of the Bulldog Club. By that I mean that I haven't been contributing for a while. If I'm going to contribute to one or the other, which should it be BC or NIL initiative. (We ain't talking thousands of dollars)
    Both are important, but in today's landscape of college sports, NIL is more important. We've got to have both to make it, but what separates us from the big boys isn't bulldog club donations. It's NIL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    What's stopping the BI from getting some corporate sponsors? That's the key to getting serious NIL funds. For example, in just a few months, OM has amassed (allegedly) over 10 million in their Grove Collective. I know our donor list in terms of #'s of people has grown substantially since Cohen left, but normal folks giving $20 a month isn't going to move the needle like that...
    I believe Charlie has gotten local sponsors on board. I'm not sure who those sponsors are though

vCash
    We are definitely doing all those things, too - it’s all critical. I have seen it really help us in talks with companies, athletes, etc. when we can show that we have buy in from the broader fan base. In some cases, corporations (particularly the ones large enough to have independent boards) do not want to be involved with collectives, but their individual execs are helping, and we have a number of other businesses across the state giving major support - they just don’t want it to be public due to their business dealings. Thanks to everyone for helping spread the word - everything matters at this point.

vCash
    Not to derail but we do not pack over 50,000 in Davis Wade every game anymore.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieWinfield View Post
    We are definitely doing all those things, too - it’s all critical. I have seen it really help us in talks with companies, athletes, etc. when we can show that we have buy in from the broader fan base. In some cases, corporations (particularly the ones large enough to have independent boards) do not want to be involved with collectives, but their individual execs are helping, and we have a number of other businesses across the state giving major support - they just don’t want it to be public due to their business dealings. Thanks to everyone for helping spread the word - everything matters at this point.
    Thanks for all your work, Charlie!

vCash
    Appreciate what you're doing Charlie Winfield. I made a contribution today only because a link was provided on this forum.

vCash
    Sorry, "This does not compute," That 50K includes students, families with children, the band, visitors, and MSU professors that sell their tickets for a profit to all games they can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Sorry, "This does not compute," That 50K includes students, families with children, the band, visitors, and MSU professors that sell their tickets for a profit to all games they can.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. The sentiment stands the same. If we can get a large percentage of the folks that make it to a game(in any sport) to donate, we?ll make serious headway. Leave it to us to be a majority of ?Well, actually? fans around a positive post for NIL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Thanks for all your work, Charlie!
    Absolutely! Charlie is "True Maroon".