Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild stat - Leach now has 7 wins over ranked-at-the-time teams, all as unranked

vCash

Wild stat - Leach now has 7 wins over ranked-at-the-time teams, all as unranked

vCash
    Also - 4 of those 7 have been on the road, and one at the Armed Forces Bowl.

vCash
    Your misspelled Arnett.

vCash
    Perhaps Leach maybe just a little better than some folks think.

vCash
    I know I'm a pessimist and all, but it also tells you that Leach's teams arent ranked very often. Need to change that. Luckily we could slip in to some polls next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I know I'm a pessimist and all, but it also tells you that Leach's teams arent ranked very often. Need to change that. Luckily we could slip in to some polls next week.
    I see us taking om slot at 20. Third in sec west, 5th in sec overall deserves a top 20 ranking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I see us taking om slot at 20. Third in sec west, 5th in sec overall deserves a top 20 ranking.
    I agree. Hope the pollsters do too

vCash
    How many of those teams remained ranked at the end of the season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    You can say that on some of Dak?s wins too.

vCash
    If he had a Qb he might be lethal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    You can say that on some of Dak?s wins too.
    Pretty sure you can say that on all of leachs

vCash
    I had him a little underrated as an offensive air raid guy. But overall he has done well at Msu and now the future looks better. I just hope moving forward we continue to get better, at least we are getting max effort which I love!

vCash
    Maybe or a lot of these teams had no business being ranked when we played them - LSU, TAMU, OM, UK, etc. The polls are a joke until late in year.

vCash
    LSU will end the season with only one ranked win. We will end the season with no ranked wins. It's a crazy year in the SEC and college football. Outside of UGA and the OSU/Mich winner, I can't say anyone is great. And really, UGA might be the only great one. TCU looks like they'd have at least a couple losses in the SEC. Weird year not having a strong west division.

vCash
    Last night on the post-game, Bart and Charlie said Leach has tied Mullen with 9 wins over ranked teams and that it took 36 games. It took Mullen 106 games.

This thread mentions 7 so I guess the other 2 making it 9 is when we were also ranked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Last night on the post-game, Bart and Charlie said Leach has tied Mullen with 9 wins over ranked teams and that it took 36 games. It took Mullen 106 games.

This thread mentions 7 so I guess the other 2 making it 9 is when we were also ranked.
    Likely '14 A&M and Auburn games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Says more to me about the people doing the ranking than it does Leach. Those same type of people also picked us last or next to last in the west this year and had the bear-sharks in the top 10 after a handful of wins against high school teams.

vCash
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post

I think this stat is based only on the AP Poll, but Arkansas was ranked in the Coaches Poll earlier this year, so that would be 8. Not sure about the other, unless they're counting 2021 NC State, who finished the season ranked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Already addressed that in the OP. We're always going to have more wins over "ranked at the time" than "ranked in the final poll" because lazy and biased pollsters overpunish teams for losing to us.