Thread: Way too early amateur tale on the game.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Way too early amateur tale on the game.

Always good to beat those ass holes. We did what we needed to do to win this game. Here is how I see the game.

Special Teams = A+. Great comeback performance after an entire season of just terrible plays. We fielded every punt. We punt for a healthy average and flipped the field. We made every extra point and field goal attempted. We started out the game with a kick out of bounds? WT actual F was that. Punting really saved the day today. Ole Miss just couldn?t sustain drives and flipping the field really helped. Z Thomas needs to get on the the field. We have to carve out some space for him, because he is a play maker. Please God, let him play some at RB and WR and we can get him the ball in space.

WRs - A. Good game overall. A couple of drops here and there, but you did your job and I even spotted a few blocks to help the running game. Tulu coming back to secure that fumble was a thing of beauty. RaRa grabbing his junk while looking at the UM student section was borderline classless, but I am sure they were talking shit after he pulled his groin being so wide open.

RBs - A+. They came to play fellas. They blocked well, caught lame ass check downs well, and ran the ball like they had something to prove. Loved it.

OL B - They were blocking well for running plays. They did what was needed in the trenches. They folded a few times making Will Rogers back track with a blitz coming directly up the middle. Tough day at the office, but they did really well.

QB C-. Just not a sharp day from a guy that has had a really tough season this year. I don?t want to pile on, because everyone on the board has pretty much said what needed to be said. I will say this, Rogers if it isn?t there throw it away. You cannot run. You cannot throw off your back foot. Just, it is what it is at this point in your career. I Hope you get faster and stronger over the off season. I have been really hard on you this season, because I know you can play at a much higher level and just are not doing it. Myriad of reasons, I am sure. Figure it out.

Defense - Outstanding game A+. Everyone, from the front 7 stopping their running attack, to the LBers making Dart?s life a living hell, to the back end that never really gave up yards that mattered except the last drive. Absolutely great game.

Offensive Player of the Game = Woody and D Johnson. Woody really had his best game as a bulldog tonight.
    Defensive Players of the Game = All of them, but Jett Johnson picking up that ball and Charleton batting down the 2pt conversion were game winning plays. Heck Duncan and Wheat seemed to be everywhere as well. Just great game from the entire unit.

Game ball goes to Arnett.

Feels good to have the Egg. Big time team win. We win as a team and lose as a team?. Tonight we won.

Now we need to get some difference makers here and do some soul searching because there are maybe 15 to 20 obvious things that need to change for us to compete to the level we all know is the actual goal?. Atlanta.

Here is my list of items that absolutely need to be reviewed and changed.

1. No more ****ing check downs as the first option. We need to push the ball down field and if Rogers can not see the passing windows, we have to get someone here that can. Too often I know where Rogers is going to go with the ball, before he does. It is obvious it is going to be the RB or the man in motion for 4 yards over the middle.

2. No more subbing while we are driving down the field, unless there is a stoppage of play for some reason. We allow defenses to cycle players too much and we have our best Wrs on the bench? WT actual hell his that?

3. Tempo. Why are we just lining up to the line with 14 seconds left on the clock? Our offense is supposed to put the defense in a bind and then exploit it. Giving them 35 seconds to adjust to our alignment is dumb.

4. We absolutely have to get the ball into Tulu?s hands more often, or use him in the motion to get the defense?s eyes where we want them. Quick sweeps need to be used to the side of the ball with 1 WR lining up. He only has to beat 1 guy on that side of the field, which he can definitely do.

5. If we are gaining 8 yards per carry outside the tackles, stop even trying to run up the middle except every 5th play or so depending on the sequence, right?

6. Do we not run routes anymore where the WRs are supposed to catch the ball while running? Do we not run out routes anymore? Whatever happened to the mesh routes?

7. Run the damn ball on short yardage downs sometimes.

8. We have to take a shot down field on free plays. I have no idea why, but Rogers has handed the ball off all season on offsides calls against the defense, we should be taking shots on those plays, every single time.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    8. We have to take a shot down field on free plays. I have no idea why, but Rogers has handed the ball off all season on offsides calls against the defense, we should be taking shots on those plays, every single time.

Not nitpicking here, because so much that was said was true, but if a run play is called, O linemen are hitting their guys and then running down field to block someone else. If our QB decides to "take advantage" of that play and throw down field, it's a penalty for having linemen down field and is called back.

vCash
    Will has been holding the ball too long lately and I'm not sure why. I saw several open receivers if he could time it right and hit them between defenders.

He did run the ball more tonight, but he's got to protect the football at all costs.

He has a bad habit of running backwards trying to escape the blitz. He's not Bryce Young and he needs to step up more and definitely not go backwards.

I really want to see what Leach can do with Parson. Having that element of escape would be deadly in this offense. The scheme is getting WRs open, but Will hasn't been able to get the timing right to get the ball to them.