Thread: Zach Arnett, Thank You

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    You and Commerce nailed it. He was backing right into the pressure instead of stepping up. OL did well. And ironically every time Will stepped up, they had to bring a LB up which opened a receiver for him. Funny how that works. Much like how when we started running against their crappy run D, we started driving. And then, wow, RaRa gets left wide open bc the safety had all eyes in the backfield. Having a QB with a little mobility, slightly stronger arm, and a commitment from Leach to run versus 3 man fronts will do wonders for this offense if we can make it happen
    The majority of the sacks this year have been because he won't climb in the pocket. Our tackles all year have been great at funneling their man out and around they pocket like they're supposed to, but instead of stepping up where it's clean he backs right into the pressure. Don't know how many times this year, I've screamed step up, step up! If I can see it surely he can see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    The majority of the sacks this year have been because he won't climb in the pocket. Our tackles all year have been great at funneling their man out and around they pocket like they're supposed to, but instead of stepping up where it's clean he backs right into the pressure. Don't know how many times this year, I've screamed step up, step up! If I can see it surely he can see it.
    Also, he holds onto the ball too long, but that is a Leach thing. Leach believes a pass play should never been given up on, there is always a play to be made.