Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is 8-4 with an Egg Bowl win a good season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I agree. I refrained from calling him out. I really like him. But he was absolutely dismal tonight and it's clear that he's not the answer.
    Agree. And not just tonight. It’s been a concern for the better part of two seasons and now there’s little doubt left. But we will set that aside for now and just CELEBRATE!!!

Hope you feel better soon Down!!!

vCash
    Yes. Before season my prediction was lose to Bama, split UPig and Kentucky, Split Ole Miss and UGA. 9-3.

LSU is the loss that makes me sick. We had 'em.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Agree. And not just tonight. It’s been a concern for the better part of two seasons and now there’s little doubt left. But we will set that aside for now and just CELEBRATE!!!

This. Let's enjoy tonight and whip ass in the bowl.

vCash
    Clemson win Saturday and State is 5th overall in SEC

vCash
    Finally beat his rival.

Finally won a road SEC game (and at night)

Got to 8 regular season wins.

His offense still stinks, but tonight proved that the QB is holding it back in a MAJOR way. This will be a big confidence boost for our team and program under Leach, but he has GOT to address the QB issue. Rogers is a nice kid, but he is soft and has no arm strength or guts. That run out of bounds on 4th and 7 was an embarrassment. But moreover, he just can't elevate our offense...so we have to upgrade there.

And for the love of God, Keenum and Leach better throw the bank at Arnett after tonight. I'm going to start calling him Merlin Arnett, bc he was a magician tonight.

vCash
    Being a 69-year-old Dawg fan, I would say yes!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Finally beat his rival.

His offense still stinks, but tonight proved that the QB is holding it back in a MAJOR way. This will be a big confidence boost for our team and program under Leach, but he has GOT to address the QB issue. Rogers is a nice kid, but he is soft and has no arm strength or guts. That run out of bounds on 4th and 7 was an embarrassment. But moreover, he just can't elevate our offense...so we have to upgrade there.

And for the love of God, Keenum and Leach better throw the bank at Arnett after tonight. I'm going to start calling him Merlin Arnett, bc he was a magician tonight.
    Excellent post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Solid year with returning the most starters in the SEC.
    Nobody makes them as dumb as you

vCash
    Yes somewhat...we should have beaten Ky. Strange
    but over all good season.

vCash
    Absolutely! Improved in the win column over last year with a much tougher schedule and still very young at the skill positions on offense. Finish it off right in the bowl game.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Finally beat his rival.

We need to bring in someone to compete with Will next year. He needs to be pushed. And we can't afford his lulls where he is trying to think about everything except throwing the damn ball to the guy that's open.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    8-4, third in the west will be ranked this week and more than likely a Florida bowl with a chance for 9 wins yeah I'd say dang good year!
    Hail Yes! Said it all year long. OOC 4-0, SEC 4-4 with critically needed win in the EGG, good bowl, built momentum for 2023! (Forgiving KY loss?, maybe....)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I say yes, especially if we are ranked in the final poll.
    I need to see if we win our bowl game or not. If we do it's comparable to 2010 and 1994.

Kentucky loss stings. Other than that lost to LSU, Alabama, and Georgia. Kentucky game is the only one I have a gripe about.

vCash
    I say yes, especially if we are ranked in the final poll.
    Definitely. But a weird year. Glaring problems with the offense. Mostly at one position, but the coach who just led us to 8 wins is at fault for that through both recruiting and coaching. Still a solid year. I would love to see Leach coach a season here with a good QB and an elite WR or two.

vCash
    Yeah, I hate to dog a QB too hard on the very night he beats a ranked team in Oxford, but ... we should at least see if we can bring in an experienced air raid QB from the portal to compete with him.

And if Parson shows flashes that he's going to be a good SEC QB, then he should be given serious consideration to play next year.
    If one of the TX QB's can't challenge and be a legitimate contender for our starting QB then I would say we have QB issues. I can't see Parson be ready by next season but it's possible I guess .

vCash
    Yes

vCash
    Candy Bar Traitor Heath can now lay claim?.to being 0-3 in Egg Bowls.
    Couldn?t have happened to a better guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EdwardDrayton again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Yes somewhat...we should have beaten Ky. Strange
    but over all good season.
    None of our players had ever played at Kroger Field and at night which is not a Tiger Stadium but is not an easy place to play either with the noise factor. I don't think GA blew them out up there either, but I agree we had the opportunity to win that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    8-4, third in the west will be ranked this week and more than likely a Florida bowl with a chance for 9 wins yeah I'd say dang good year!
    Couldn't have said it any better CC... and ahead of that team that was going to win the National Championship. Hotty something but I think they forgot what it was too. Hail State`