Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is 8-4 with an Egg Bowl win a good season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Nah, Ole Miss's interim coach will win them their bowl, and Penn State will stay ranked after we beat them in the Citrus, giving Leach his 3rd and 4th "wins over teams that finish ranked."
    Are we realistically in play for the Citrus? What's the pecking order there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I don?t think we will be playing Penn State actually. Looks like probably the Big 10 West champion after that team loses to Ohio State/Michigan winner
    That would most likely be Iowa, unless they lose to Nebraska today.

Iowa has the 111th most "efficient" offense in the FBS. We might shut them out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Are we realistically in play for the Citrus? What's the pecking order there?
    The best SEC team that doesn't make the NY6 gets the Citrus. We are either #5 in the SEC, or we likely drop to #6 if South Carolina beats Clemson.

If 1-4 (Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee) all make the NY6, which they're currently in line to but there are a lot of potential upsets that could change that, and South Carolina loses to Clemson, we get the Citrus pretty much as a lock.

But, Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee all have to win today, and we can't have weird upsets in any of the CCGs.

vCash
    The best SEC team that doesn't make the NY6 gets the Citrus. We are either #5 in the SEC, or we likely drop to #6 if South Carolina beats Clemson.

If 1-4 (Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee) all make the NY6, which they're currently in line to but there are a lot of potential upsets that could change that, and South Carolina loses to Clemson, we get the Citrus pretty much as a lock.

But, Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee all have to win today, and we can't have weird upsets in any of the CCGs.
    Ah, thanks for the info.

vCash
    Where you see 8 wins?

- msstate7 11/14/22

vCash
    That would most likely be Iowa, unless they lose to Nebraska today.

Iowa has the 111th most "efficient" offense in the FBS. We might shut them out.
    We owe them a big one.

vCash
    Absolutely, and I am a pessimist. Only game that irritates me is UK

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-25-2022 at 11:54 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Absolutely, and I am a pessimist. Only game that irritates me is UK
    We don't **** that game up and we're a top 15 team.

We also don't **** up the LSU game and we're Atlanta bound.

Super irritating. But the good kind of irritating. This program's standard has been raised and we are on a trajectory upwards. Stay the course and plug in the guy at QB that can get us there. (Will Rogers with steroid arm who steps up in the pocket can be that guy.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    We don't **** that game up and we're a top 15 team.

We also don't **** up the LSU game and we're Atlanta bound.

Super irritating. But the good kind of irritating. This program's standard has been raised and we are on a trajectory upwards. Stay the course and plug in the guy at QB that can get us there. (Will Rogers with steroid arm who steps up in the pocket can be that guy.)
    We wouldn't be in Atlanta if we had won those two - we would have been tied with Bama and lost the tie breaker.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    We wouldn't be in Atlanta if we had won those two - we would have been tied with Bama and lost the tie breaker.
    Bama is losing to Auburn today.

This season was all about making Aggy miserable. The best way to do that is to have 13 SEC teams bowl eligible. Vandy and Auburn need wins to make that happen now that Mizzou did. Also my gambling self threw a 1u to win 100u parlay on those three teams winning this weekend. So I really want it to happen. Would be comedy gold.

Actually it gets to a 3-Way tie and the tiebreaker goes all the way to G. Non Div Opp combined record.

8-0 + 2-6 for us (in this scenario)
    6-2/5-3 + 2-6/3-5 for bama (regardless cause utk plays vandy)
    6-2/5-3 + 3-5 for LSU

We'd win tiebreaker and be in regardless of Bama outcome today. We'd just need LSU to not lose as well today
    Last edited by Tater; 11-26-2022 at 09:56 AM.

vCash
    Bama is losing to Auburn today.

This season was all about making Aggy miserable. The best way to do that is to have 13 SEC teams bowl eligible. Vandy and Auburn need wins to make that happen now that Mizzou did. Also my gambling self threw a 1u to win 100u parlay on those three teams winning this weekend. So I really want it to happen. Would be comedy gold.

Actually it gets to a 3-Way tie and the tiebreaker goes all the way to G. Non Div Opp combined record.

8-0 + 2-6 for us (in this scenario)
    6-2/5-3 + 2-6/3-5 for bama (regardless cause utk plays vandy)
    6-2/5-3 + 3-5 for LSU

We'd win tiebreaker and be in regardless of Bama outcome today. We'd just need LSU to not lose as well today
    You would make a little money but all that hurts State in the bowl picture. You are cheering against everything that State needs to get a better bowl.
    We need Bama to win(which is a certain by the way) and we need Tennessee to win.

And no, Bama with a win today would own the tiebreaker against us in your scenario. We would both have 2 SEC losses. 1 to a West team and 1 to an East team. Bama beat us head to head.
    That's the tiebreaker.
    Last edited by DownwardDawg; 11-26-2022 at 10:30 AM.

vCash
    Wasn?t our win total 6.5 coming into the year? I?d say surpassing that by 1.5 games is a good year regardless of the program. Especially including a rivalry win.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    You would make a little money but all that hurts State in the bowl picture. You are cheering against everything that State needs to get a better bowl.
    We need Bama to win(which is a certain by the way) and we need Tennessee to win.

And no, Bama with a win today would own the tiebreaker against us in your scenario. We would both have 2 SEC losses. 1 to a West team and 1 to an East team. Bama beat us head to head.
    That's the tiebreaker.
    A "better bowl" really means not much honestly. No one cares how many Outback's or Citrus Bowls you have. NY6 and the rest. I just care about it being a decent destination and I might travel for the Holidays to there.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Wasn?t our win total 6.5 coming into the year? I?d say surpassing that by 1.5 games is a good year regardless of the program. Especially including a rivalry win.
    o6.5 wins was -160

So 10u paid out 6.25u (or $100 bet won you $62.50)

Homerism wins rock.

vCash
    o6.5 wins was -160

So 10u paid out 6.25u (or $100 bet won you $62.50)

Homerism wins rock.
    Couldn?t recall where the price ended. So we exceeded vegas expectations by about a win. I?d consider that a success.