Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primetime is our best option if Leach retires.

vCash

Primetime is our best option if Leach retires.

1. His strength would be recruiting and working the NIL game. This is an area where we are weak.

2. Has coached in Mississippi.

3. Could have a CEO program built around him so we aren't married to a system. Flexibility has always helped us.

4. Would help the MSU brand in general. With Dak and Primetime, a lot of kids would see State as directly affiliated with the NFL (what they care about anyway).

5. The market for coaches is competitive this year, but Sanders is usually no.3 on most people's lists. If we offer first, we could actually get him instead of a retread or an up-and-coming coordinator.

vCash
    I would be fine with hiring Deion if he gets quality coordinators. Would be nice to keep Arnett and then hire a solid OC.

vCash
    100% behind hiring Prime

vCash
    Deon has his sights on another State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Exactly. Dion is only in this state because he wanted to prove something at a certain type of school. (HBS)
    He won't ever be our coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    1. His strength would be recruiting and working the NIL game. This is an area where we are weak.

2. Has coached in Mississippi.

3. Could have a CEO program built around him so we aren't married to a system. Flexibility has always helped us.

4. Would help the MSU brand in general. With Dak and Primetime, a lot of kids would see State as directly affiliated with the NFL (what they care about anyway).

5. The market for coaches is competitive this year, but Sanders is usually no.3 on most people's lists. If we offer first, we could actually get him instead of a retread or an up-and-coming coordinator.
    Hiring a coach without good evidence he can coach is a risky proposition. I'm also curious just how much people are planning to pay Deion to be CEO, and also to pay coordinators to do the actual coaching. We'd need probably $3M a year just for an offensive and defensive coordinator.

vCash
    Coaching in the SWAC where you have more talent on your football team than any other team in that conference is altogether different than coaching in the SEC. Limited time as a college head coach and he is not an x and o's coach but more like a CEO. Would he have the connections to get the type of coaches you would need to compete in the SEC, and then the money to pay these coaches? I do think he would definitely help in marketing the MSU brand. Some even think CML is going to step down after the Egg Bowl and Coach Prime is an option. So you may get your wish, but I wouldn't bet any money on either of those happening.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-23-2022 at 12:15 PM.

vCash
    I dont see any SEC school hiring PrimeTime as their HC.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If Leach leaves, State will either get a HC from the G5 or coordinator from the P5

vCash
    Prime won't get hired directly to an SEC job from the SWAC.
    Also people don't seem to realize although the hiring of Prime might be exciting, the divorce from Prime could be way worse than anything imaginable. Especially if the university has to pull the trigger to fire him.

vCash
    I don't care, give me Freeze. He would kill it here with NIL being allowed. That being said, I'd be fine with Primetime. You gotta take chances here. Worst case you move on after 2 seasons and try again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    I don't care, give me Freeze. He would kill it here with NIL being allowed. That being said, I'd be fine with Primetime. You gotta take chances here. Worst case you move on after 2 seasons and try again.

Talk about a split and disorganized fan base. This trying again stuff every few years doesn't work.

vCash
    And he would help people.*****

vCash
    I would be ok with Freeze, I would be ok with Deion, hell I could talk myself into Malzahn. Give me a guy who knows how to win, can adapt scheme to talent, and will be able to navigate the NIL world.

vCash
    No, the worst case is you move on and he takes all the best talent with him. 4-5 years before you can compete again. At least with a typical hire you're only 2 years away from competing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Naw, he just wants out of Jackson!! He would be a good hire and we wouldn't have to break the "bank" Gamble maybe but worth a try with the pup, recruiting and NIL he brings to the table.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Prime won't get hired directly to an SEC job from the SWAC.
    Also people don't seem to realize although the hiring of Prime might be exciting, the divorce from Prime could be way worse than anything imaginable. Especially if the university has to pull the trigger to fire him.
    Croom tried to destroy and some were with him, but IF PT failed time would pass quickly.

vCash
    How about not only no but fuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk nooooooooo

vCash
    First, I've seen where Deion has allegedly been talking with Colorado and South Florida about their jobs, so I'm not sure where we would fall in his pecking order if we were even interested

Second, I would agree with the other poster in regards to how ugly the divorce would be if it didn't work out. He has a bigger bullhorn than most coaches, and if it went south, it could become very damaging to MSU.

Third. the narrative about his recruiting has been a bit overblown. The five star he pulled plays cb. Pretty easy sell to a kid to learn from one of the best of all time at the position he plays. Six of the eight 4 stars he recruited play wr, cb or both. Again, easier sell if the coach played at the highest level at those positions. Also, consider he's using the HBCU sales pitch to get some of these kids. Once he's gone from JSU, that pitch goes out the window.

Looking at the lineman and other positions, I see a bunch of 3 stars and transfers who probably couldn't make our current 2 deep.

He would garner a lot of attention for MSU but once the honeymoon was over I don't know we get better results than we did with Moorhead.
    Last edited by SteelCurtain74; 11-23-2022 at 02:32 PM.

vCash
    Who else thinks, that with even a possible EB loss, Leach is back in 2023?