Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 216

Thread: MSU vs Utah mens basketball

  1. #121
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,801
    vCash
    10439
    If we somehow win this game, we may be a team of destiny. We should be down 15

  2. #122
    Senior Member Saltydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,357
    vCash
    3706
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Another big test today against Utah. They are 4-1 on the season with one loss against Sam Houston State, this same SHS team is 5-0 on the year with wins @Oklahoma and against Utah so don't let that loss fool you. We are still the more talented team and are picked to win. Utah does have some size and shooting, 3 of their guys who get playing time shoot above 40% from three so we will have to play good defense and close out on shooters. We are more tough and physical than they are so we will have to use that to our advantage.

    I'm really hoping to see a better offensive game today, we know our defense it there, if we can get someone like Shak, DJ or Davis going more consistently on the offensive end along with Tolu we are top 25 team that no one would want to play.
    This is excruciating to watch......We're gonna have to win ugly games if we're gonna win at all........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

  3. #123
    Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    11,150
    vCash
    3086
    They have 4 guys on him. And we do have two 2pt shots. Tolu getting blocked into the stands and Jeffries finding the rim right there.

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14,887
    vCash
    2510
    Reed is 1-11 from 3. Shak is 0-10 from the field. Those are our 2 guards.

  5. #125
    General Public Political Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    General Public
    Posts
    17,258
    vCash
    7178
    I'm a "never tell your guys to stop shooting" believer. It's hard to watch. We're terrible from behind the arc.

    That said, this is the most well coached team I've seen at State since the best years of Richard Williams (credit to his assistants as much as him). But we play defense. For real. We're smart. We press when we can set it up and eat up the shot clock, we take open shots, everybody on the floor can handle the ball, we don't take unnecessary risk on defense even though we pressure the ball a lot, we don't allow a lot of transition points, etc... this team is going to win a lot of games.

    Not sure how this one will fall, but it's going to be a good season. Y'all get those NIL checkbooks ready and go get Jans a few dudes!

  6. #126
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,801
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    This is excruciating to watch......We're gonna have to win ugly games if we're gonna win at all........
    We are not a good shooting team, but surely to God, we aren't this bad

  7. #127
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    21,945
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I'm a "never tell your guys to stop shooting" believer. It's hard to watch. We're terrible from behind the arc.

    That said, this is the most well coached team I've seen at State since the best years of Richard Williams (credit to his assistants as much as him). But we play defense. For real. We're smart. We press when we can set it up and eat up the shot clock, we take open shots, everybody on the floor can handle the ball, we don't take unnecessary risk on defense even though we pressure the ball a lot, we don't allow a lot of transition points, etc... this team is going to win a lot of games.

    Not sure how this one will fall, but it's going to be a good season. Y'all get those NIL checkbooks ready and go get Jans a few dudes!
    Yes!!!

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,858
    vCash
    427176943
    Glad Davis is getting hot.

  9. #129
    General Public Political Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    General Public
    Posts
    17,258
    vCash
    7178
    Another great sign of a good team... we out shot them 25 to 12 in the first 10 minutes or so of the game. If you take that many more shots than your opponent (defense, rebounding, etc...) you're going to be in a lot of games.

  10. #130
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,801
    vCash
    10439
    Great shot

  11. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,858
    vCash
    427176943
    Tolu with the big shot.

  12. #132
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,801
    vCash
    10439
    DJ, I seriously hate you sometimes

  13. #133
    Senior Member basedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,046
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Another great sign of a good team... we out shot them 25 to 12 in the first 10 minutes or so of the game. If you take that many more shots than your opponent (defense, rebounding, etc...) you're going to be in a lot of games.
    Exactly.

  14. #134
    Senior Member BeardoMSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    17,666
    vCash
    53100
    That was not smart....

  15. #135
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,801
    vCash
    10439
    DJ, just eat some clock

  16. #136
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,801
    vCash
    10439
    Davis or tolu only

  17. #137
    Senior Member Thick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,312
    vCash
    4639
    ****ing DJ, being ****ing DJ!!!

  18. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Madison, Alabama
    Posts
    14,892
    vCash
    1886332
    Really need to make these FTs.

  19. #139
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67,801
    vCash
    10439
    Please make this FT

  20. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,858
    vCash
    427176943
    Please T just make one of these. Nope.
    Last edited by parabrave; 11-23-2022 at 10:36 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.