Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: MSU vs Utah mens basketball

vCash
    It is truly amazing we are 6-0 with the 2nd winningest active coach in the NCAA and some of you still bitch and act like you know more than the coach. Just let it ride until you have real reason to complain. some of this fanbase is insufferable.! you know who u are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    It is truly amazing we are 6-0 with the 2nd winningest active coach in the NCAA and some of you still bitch and act like you know more than the coach. Just let it ride until you have real reason to complain. some of this fanbase is insufferable.! you know who u are.
    Newsflash: you can be extremely happy with a coach, and at the same time see potential problems.

What's your "lock of the week" this week that always loses?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Had we made even 3 or 4 more 3 pointers, this game wouldn't have been contested and Tolu would have had more opportunities.

But, until we can make those shots, teams are going to do what Utah and Marquette did and that's double Tolu almost immediately after he touches the ball in the post.

If we can shoot 33% there, teams will have to spread themselves out a little to defend it. Until then, Tolu is going to have to work very hard to get his.
    Cam has to help him more in the paint. He did one drive last night where he started at the top of the arc split two defenders and while Tolu had 2 guys on him Cam drove to make the layup. We need more of this when tolu has the doubleteam on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Newsflash: you can be extremely happy with a coach, and at the same time see potential problems.

What's your "lock of the week" this week that always loses?
    lock of the week MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    lock of the week MSU
    Change that!!!! Haha, I bet on us myself

vCash
    Whens the last time anyone was looking forward to the next game??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Whens the last time anyone was looking forward to the next game??
    I know what you mean, but 3 of our next 4 are resume killers: Omaha, MVSU, and Jackson st. At Minnesota is a good one though

vCash
    I know what you mean, but 3 of our next 4 are resume killers: Omaha, MVSU, and Jackson st. At Minnesota is a good one though
    True, but it may do this team some good to watch the ball go through the hoop a little against weaker comp.

vCash
    So we probably likely going into Minnesota 9-0 with a shot at 10-0?

Wow.

vCash
    Warmups for conference play. Get to work on getting Tolu out of being doubleteamed and our shooting and other discrepancies that have come out.

vCash
    We attempted 10 2-pt shots in the 2nd half. Thats way too few
    The thing is, as bad as we shot on 3's, and as frustrating as it is when we keep jacking them, we were actually more efficient on 3's than 2's. .55 points per shot on 2's and .71 points per shot on 3's. So you could argue we actually should have taken MORE 3's. Davis' 3's won us that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    The thing is, as bad as we shot on 3's, and as frustrating as it is when we keep jacking them, we were actually more efficient on 3's than 2's. .55 points per shot on 2's and .71 points per shot on 3's. So you could argue we actually should have taken MORE 3's. Davis' 3's won us that game.
    I suppose. Season sample is...

.90 pts per 3 att
    .98 pts per 2 att

vCash
    I suppose. Season sample is...

.90 pts per 3 att
    .98 pts per 2 att
    Yeah, you're right. But often shooting 3's, even if you're not making a ton, gives you more space inside the arc as well. It's not as easy as, stop shooting 3's because you're not making many. It can make your offense better and smoother even when they aren't falling.

Our shooting overall is certainly not good and will hurt us this year. But that's true of our entire offense.

vCash
    This team has things we need to improve on but who doesn't. FT and shooting in general but some of these shots will start to fall. We moved to ball good and got good looks. Our D will make other teams shoot worse and play sloppy too.

I like this team and the Jans hire a lot. We got a chance at a good season and could make some noise.

vCash
    Be at the Hump Monday Night if you can This team and staff deserve in-person support! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Be at the Hump Monday Night if you can This team and staff deserve in-person support! Hail State!
    Agreed, I've been saying this for years and the excuse I always heard was "Once they start winning the fans will return" well, we are winning now and just beat two Power 5 teams who are both solid teams. Support these guys and our girls also