Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This week can change everything

vCash
    Tell our run defense all this because they're going to have a tough night I'm afraid.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    TCU didn't have anything to do with it I don't think. 4 SEC teams will have to be in NY6 games (so basically 1/3 of the NY6 Slots) for an 8-4 MSU team to have a shot at the Citrus, and the Big 12 is already guaranteed a spot, so TCU choking wouldn't open up a spot for the SEC. Right now, UGA is in. Barring an upset by A&M, I think LSU is in. They were 6th (behind UT) last week. Can't imagine losing to UGA in the SEC CG would put them out of the top 11. UTenn was 5th before losing to USCe, so it's just a question of how fall they fall. Does an UT with wins over LSU and Bama but losses to UGA and USCe fall outside of the top 11? The USCe loss isn't good, but the Bama and LSU wins are going to be better than any win most of the top 11 will have, the UGA will be as good of a loss as you can have, so it's just does a slip up against USCe kill them when they went 2-1 against top 10 teams? Also, not sure how you can put an LSU team that lost to FSU, UTenn, and UGA in over a UT team that has losses to UGA and USCe.

ETA: Also, even if we were the next logical team for the Citrus, we still likely wouldn't get picked. I think Citrus can skip over a team as long as there is no more than one game of difference in their records (or is that an old rule? Only rule now may be that the loser of the SEC CG can't fall below the Citrus). I think the Citrus would probably take USCe over MSU.
    The citrus will be the highest ranked SEC team in the CFB playoff poll that isnt in the NY6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    Why do you say this? Do you not know how the bowl system works? If we win, and UGA, Bama, Tenn, and LSU stay in the NY6 Bowls, which they should, we should be in the Citrus as long as Clemson beats SCar.
    He is probably saying that because he thinks Ole Miss will win

Which is what im also predicting

But im just laying out the easy scenario

Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, and Alabama will all be in the NY6 inside the top 12

UGA to playoff

Tennessee to the Sugar Bowl

LSU to the Orange bowl

Alabama to the cotton bowl

That leaves South Carolina, Mississippi State, and Ole miss as the only teams that can get in the Citrus from the sec

South Carolina beats clemson then state and Ole miss are both eliminated. Win or lose

vCash
    Fiesta and Peach are playoff games

That leaves:

Sugar- Bama vs K-State
    Rose- Michigan vs Oregon
    Orange- Tennessee vs Clemson
    Cotton- Penn State vs Tulane???

LSU gonna fall to Citrus with that 3rd loss. A Non-P5 has to be included plus ND likely sneaks into one.

Then the rest fights over us, Mississippi, SC, Fla, Kentucky, and UPig
    Last edited by Coach34; 11-22-2022 at 01:05 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I dont see any way the SEC gets 3 in the other 4 games with P12, G5, B12, ACC

Cotton filled by the playoff committee
    Last edited by Coach34; 11-22-2022 at 01:04 PM.

vCash
    Texas, Las Vegas seem like the likely destinations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Texas, Las Vegas seem like the likely destinations
    Definitely one of those with a loss. With a win I think it’s Gator or Outback if we win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I dont see any way the SEC gets 3 in the other 4 games with P12, G5, B12, ACC

Cotton filled by the playoff committee
    Fiesta and Peach Bowl are the playoff bowls this year, so put UGA in one of those.
    Sugar Bowl is SEC v. Big 12 - Let's just put Bama there since they'll be 10-2.
    Rose Bowl is limited to Big 10 v. PAC-12? So no option there.
    Orange Bowl - ACC v. Big 10, SEC, or Notre Dame. Let's just assume the ORange Bowl wants an SEC team, say a 10-2 UT team.
    Cotton - highest rated G5 champion v. ???

So it's possible, we'd just have to have Orange Bowl choose an SEC team over the third best Big 10 team and Notre Dame and the 4th best SEC team be higher ranked than the next best alternative for the Cotton?

vCash
    LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I really like Leach but losing a third straight egg bowl would not be good at all. Win the Egg and a bowl game and finish 9-4 would be a great year. A lot hinges on Thursday night. Nut cuttin time!
    I agree 100%. As disappointed as I've been this year, a lot would change with 2 more wins.

vCash
    Fiesta and Peach are playoff games

That leaves:

Sugar- Bama vs K-State
    Rose- Michigan vs Oregon
    Orange- Tennessee vs Clemson
    Cotton- Penn State vs Tulane???

LSU gonna fall to Citrus with that 3rd loss. A Non-P5 has to be included plus ND likely sneaks into one.

Then the rest fights over us, Mississippi, SC, Fla, Kentucky, and UPig
    There are going to be some pissed off people if a 10-2 Tennessee who beat alabama is ranked lower than a 10-2 bama

also a 3 loss LSU being ranked over 10-2 Tennessee who blew LSU out would also be a horrible look by the committee.

I totally forgot about Penn State being there at 10-2.

If you take a look at the current rankings

Your right penn state is in the cotton bowl if they win out and beat michigan state and Tulane will be in that bowl game also.

I would be a lot more interested in LSU vs Tulane because of both Louisiana teams.

But what I do think your wrong about is that I think a 10-3 LSU team will get a higher ranking than a 10-2 bama because of head to head

bama would fall to citrus in that scenario that penn state wins out

vCash
    We might as well going ahead and concede the Egg to OM now. Significant rainfall expected Thursday night which totally negates our offense. We don't win games in bad weather with this Air Raid we are running.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    we aren't going to the citrus
    Yep. And I for one couldnt care less. The Egg. Sign me up for an Egg win and a Birimingham
    Bowl loss if thats what it takes

vCash
    I think there's not a chance in hell that Tennessee gets in the NY6 games. The CFP polls rank teams by how good they are playing at that week. And they rank based on how good a team is with injuries in play. TN is going to drop alot tonight. That beatdown by SC was bad, but loosing your QB is worse. I think they will drop out and be slotted for Citrus or the next bowl down.

Georgia, Bama, LSU are lined up for the NY6 or better.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    LSU will be in the NY6 regardless.

If anyone is getting lowered its bama

Tennessee beat bama 10-2

LSU beat bama 10-2

I also see it hard not putting bama in the NY6 as a 10-2 team this year with the current bowl line up

Thats why I see Georgia , LSU, Tennessee, and bama all in the NY6

Leaving the Citrus to us, ole miss, or south carolina

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Everything? No. Our recruiting is still bad. But Leach can gain some support for sure.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    We might as well going ahead and concede the Egg to OM now. Significant rainfall expected Thursday night which totally negates our offense. We don't win games in bad weather with this Air Raid we are running.
    Throwing 5 to 10 yard passes shouldn't be that hard, even in the rain.*******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    The Egg bowl must be won by Mississippi State

No ifs ands or buts

We have to win this no matter what.

The momentum of the State of Mississippi can be totally flipped on its head in less 1 week of time.

I am 99% sure Lane Kiffin is the next Auburn head coach and anyone ole miss gets will be a down grade and they will lose so much momentum

The Old Money at Ole Miss is not hiring Deion Sanders.

If we win the egg and South Carolina loses to clemson, we have a 90%+ chance of heading to the Citrus Bowl and that is the best bowl game not in the NY6

A lot rides on this week and ole miss is majorly distracted.

We have to take advantage and do this right

Everything ole miss has built the last 3 years to get ahead of us can die and go down in flames in less than a week.

Their roster will be gutted, their recruits will be flipped, and their coach will be gone

We need to embarrass them on their home field and walk out of their with all the momentum in the world to take over the state again.

Coach Leach, I like you as a person and like ive said before I want to see you succeed

I have been negative ever since LSU game but if he wins this game thursday and everything else happens accordingly.

Our fanbase will be back on the pirate ship

WIN THE EGG SCREW THE REBELS

HAIL DAMN STATE
    Doesnt really change much in my mind except he won a game he should win

I love crazy uncle leach - advocated for him for years - but this version of him is boring and hard to watch - zero explosiveness against any team with a pulse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    I love crazy uncle leach - advocated for him for years - but this version of him is boring and hard to watch - zero explosiveness against any team with a pulse
    Zero explosiveness period. We are last in the SEC in plays of 30+

http://cfbstats.com/2022/leader/911/...30/sort03.html

12th in the SEC in plays of 20+

http://cfbstats.com/2022/leader/911/...30/sort02.html

vCash
    Zero explosiveness period. We are last in the SEC in plays of 30+

http://cfbstats.com/2022/leader/911/...30/sort03.html

12th in the SEC in plays of 20+

http://cfbstats.com/2022/leader/911/...30/sort02.html
    I'm honestly surprised we're 8th in 10+