Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This week can change everything

vCash

This week can change everything

The Egg bowl must be won by Mississippi State

No ifs ands or buts

We have to win this no matter what.

The momentum of the State of Mississippi can be totally flipped on its head in less 1 week of time.

I am 99% sure Lane Kiffin is the next Auburn head coach and anyone ole miss gets will be a down grade and they will lose so much momentum

The Old Money at Ole Miss is not hiring Deion Sanders.

If we win the egg and South Carolina loses to clemson, we have a 90%+ chance of heading to the Citrus Bowl and that is the best bowl game not in the NY6

A lot rides on this week and ole miss is majorly distracted.

We have to take advantage and do this right

Everything ole miss has built the last 3 years to get ahead of us can die and go down in flames in less than a week.

Their roster will be gutted, their recruits will be flipped, and their coach will be gone

We need to embarrass them on their home field and walk out of their with all the momentum in the world to take over the state again.

Coach Leach, I like you as a person and like ive said before I want to see you succeed

I have been negative ever since LSU game but if he wins this game thursday and everything else happens accordingly.

Our fanbase will be back on the pirate ship

WIN THE EGG SCREW THE REBELS

HAIL DAMN STATE

vCash
    Win the Egg, win the bowl game and all will be well. Lane leaving will be the icing on the cake. I've already seen some rumors that Jeff Lebby is the guy a lot of boosters want to replace Lane. That doesn't exactly send shivers down my spine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Win the Egg, win the bowl game and all will be well. Lane leaving will be the icing on the cake. I've already seen some rumors that Jeff Lebby is the guy a lot of boosters want to replace Lane. That doesn't exactly send shivers down my spine.
    Doesnt scare me at all.

That will not be their first call though.

They have the money to spend they will try to offer matt rhule or lance leipold or some big name coach

They will probably have to settle for jeff lebby though.

I think this will demoralize their NIL efforts and momentum

vCash
    8-4 citrus bowl season would be quite impressive. I'm not a big leach guy, but this would be a successful season 99% of the time here... 2018 would be the exception

ETA... I'm having a hard time seeing us in citrus.

Georgia playoffs
    Bama and Tenn in NY6
    LSU in citrus
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-22-2022 at 11:34 AM.

vCash
    Did TCU winning last week keep Tenn out of the NY6? If so wouldn't they go to Orlando?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desoto1967 View Post
    Did TCU winning last week keep Tenn out of the NY6? If so wouldn't they go to Orlando?
    Why would it have? TCU was going to be ranked higher than Tennessee anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Why would it have? TCU was going to be ranked higher than Tennessee anyway.
    If Tenn wins this week, they'll still be NY6 imo. I don't think you can put lsu over them unless lsu wins... if lsu wins, they'll be in the playoffs

vCash
    TCU didn't have anything to do with it I don't think. 4 SEC teams will have to be in NY6 games (so basically 1/3 of the NY6 Slots) for an 8-4 MSU team to have a shot at the Citrus, and the Big 12 is already guaranteed a spot, so TCU choking wouldn't open up a spot for the SEC. Right now, UGA is in. Barring an upset by A&M, I think LSU is in. They were 6th (behind UT) last week. Can't imagine losing to UGA in the SEC CG would put them out of the top 11. UTenn was 5th before losing to USCe, so it's just a question of how fall they fall. Does an UT with wins over LSU and Bama but losses to UGA and USCe fall outside of the top 11? The USCe loss isn't good, but the Bama and LSU wins are going to be better than any win most of the top 11 will have, the UGA will be as good of a loss as you can have, so it's just does a slip up against USCe kill them when they went 2-1 against top 10 teams? Also, not sure how you can put an LSU team that lost to FSU, UTenn, and UGA in over a UT team that has losses to UGA and USCe.

ETA: Also, even if we were the next logical team for the Citrus, we still likely wouldn't get picked. I think Citrus can skip over a team as long as there is no more than one game of difference in their records (or is that an old rule? Only rule now may be that the loser of the SEC CG can't fall below the Citrus). I think the Citrus would probably take USCe over MSU.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 11-22-2022 at 11:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    8-4 citrus bowl season would be quite impressive. I'm not a big leach guy, but this would be a successful season 99% of the time here... 2018 would be the exception

ETA... I'm having a hard time seeing us in citrus.

Georgia playoffs
    Bama and Tenn in NY6
    LSU in citrus
    we aren't going to the citrus

vCash
    Also if the Big 10 or Big 12 had an upset in their championship game, it might bump out an SEC team from the NY6, as TCU, Ohio State, and Michigan are all likely NY6 bound regardless.

vCash
    What if LSU somehow beats Georgia in Atlanta?

vCash
    All those excellent points....and why it probably ain't gonna happen

vCash
    win or retire. those are the only options to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Why do you say this? Do you not know how the bowl system works? If we win, and UGA, Bama, Tenn, and LSU stay in the NY6 Bowls, which they should, we should be in the Citrus as long as Clemson beats SCar.

vCash
    What if LSU somehow beats Georgia in Atlanta?
    Georgia still goes to the CFP and LSU still goes to a non-CFP NY6

vCash
    I really like Leach but losing a third straight egg bowl would not be good at all. Win the Egg and a bowl game and finish 9-4 would be a great year. A lot hinges on Thursday night. Nut cuttin time!

vCash
    Not to hijack the thread, but without Hooker I wouldn't be surprised if Vandy beats Tennessee.

vCash
    Everything? No. Our recruiting is still bad. But Leach can gain some support for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Are you just saying you don't think we win the egg bowl?

Or are you saying LSU is going to lose to A&M, Tennessee is going to lose to Vandy or South Carolina is going to beat Clemson?

Because if we win the egg bowl and all those favorites win and stay in the top 12 of the CFP rankings, we would be in the Citrus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If Tenn wins this week, they'll still be NY6 imo. I don't think you can put lsu over them unless lsu wins... if lsu wins, they'll be in the playoffs
    LSU will be in the NY6 regardless.

If anyone is getting lowered its bama

Tennessee beat bama 10-2

LSU beat bama 10-2

I also see it hard not putting bama in the NY6 as a 10-2 team this year with the current bowl line up

Thats why I see Georgia , LSU, Tennessee, and bama all in the NY6

Leaving the Citrus to us, ole miss, or south carolina