Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Hump about to get nasty again?

vCash
    And someone gave us a vote in the Top 25.

Take care of Utah today and folks will start to notice that we are undefeated and are playing ridiculous defense.

By the way, that 55 points we gave up to Marquette was the most points we've given up in our first 5 games.

Don't care who you play but that's impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It will get better but it wont get back to what it was when the students rocked half the lower section. Moving the students changed the home advantage. I am glad it will finally have a pulse again but you wont get alot of people from 2 hours away like Jackson and such because all the games are on TV or online. Convenience matters

We brought HELL on opposing teams. The 1991 game vs LSU to win the SEC Title was the loudest that place has ever been and louder than when I saw Metallica in concert. Crazy
    I was there you are right?almost.. the Nit game in 79 ??who dat game? agaisntAlcorn was the wildest game.

vCash
    Yep, 1991 LSU game consisted of multiple future NBA players (Chris Jackson, Shaq, etc) vs the blue collar Bulldogs with Cameron Burns and Greg Carter. What a team. What a coach. Richard Williams was the reason the Hump transformed to what it became.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    The Kentucky game with Lawrence Roberts and the tip in at the buzzer to lose was the loudest and best crowd I have ever experienced in my lifetime. Everyone in the building was absolutely 100% into the game. I was sitting in the upper section above the entrance vomitorium and I don?t believe I sat down the entire game. Loudest I ever heard the arena, and then the tip in to lose happened. Absolutely silence. 120 dB to 0 in a blink of an eye.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    I remember when the Hump was a tough place to play.

I?m getting the feeling that?s about to happen again.

God bless if so.
    And let's hope it extends as well to the ladies team. In case anyone hasn't notice, the ladies are playing good basketball and playing hard for coach Purcell. He seems to have a lot of personality and energy. Would really like to see the Hump get back close to the Vic days again.

vCash
    I missed the days when the hump rocked. I almost got threw out of the hump one game we were playing Bama and Mark Gottfried was the coach. My seats at the time were behind the Bama bench. I was giving Gottfried pure hell all game i had been drinking and was complete a-hole. He got a technical with about 5 minutes to go and i hollered at him "that is what you get you 17ing country bumpkin" he lost his mind and threatened to whoop my ass. the refs came over and told me to cool it or i would have to leave. i had his ass rattled we beat them and when he walked off he mouthed 17 u to me. after watching the replay i was embarrassed, but the crown royal was talking that night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    after watching the replay i was embarrassed, but the crown royal was talking that night.
    If you get in the head of an opposing coach you should never be embarrassed. Kudos to you.