Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Hump about to get nasty again?

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Is the Hump about to get nasty again?

I remember when the Hump was a tough place to play.

I?m getting the feeling that?s about to happen again.

God bless if so.

vCash
    This team plays hard and with intensity and are fun to watch. Offense could improve a little and free throws could use lots of work but I love watching them now/

vCash
    Yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    I remember when the Hump was a tough place to play.

I?m getting the feeling that?s about to happen again.

God bless if so.
    There are going to be some ugly offensive point totals put up by some opposing teams in the hump this year. And by us too, but I don't know if I'm just starved for well coached basketball, but I didn't mind watching our offense last night. We're just not good shooters. It's nto like we are sitting around on offense and not doing anything or doing anything incredibly frustrating, except to the extent you get frustrated about not making shots a D-I team should make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    There are going to be some ugly offensive point totals put up by some opposing teams in the hump this year. And by us too, but I don't know if I'm just starved for well coached basketball, but I didn't mind watching our offense last night. We're just not good shooters. It's nto like we are sitting around on offense and not doing anything or doing anything incredibly frustrating, except to the extent you get frustrated about not making shots a D-I team should make.
    More TO than assists is frustrating. I can handle bad shooting better than TOs

vCash
    I was a student at State, 1989 - 1993.... and there were many games where that place was rocking. It had an incredible atmosphere. I think it is hard to imagine that, unless you've experienced it - but I'd love to see that return.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I was in a Starkville from 2001-2005. I was blessed to go and watch Mario Austin, Lawrence Roberts, Zimmerman, Bowers, Big Feces Marcus Campbell, Winsome, Powers, Old Man Harper and a bunch of other guys. So much fun. Basically 4 straight years of sell out crowds and just crazy crowds. Then they moved the students and destroyed the atmosphere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I was in a Starkville from 2001-2005. I was blessed to go and watch Mario Austin, Lawrence Roberts, Zimmerman, Bowers, Big Feces Marcus Campbell, Winsome, Powers, Old Man Harper and a bunch of other guys. So much fun. Basically 4 straight years of sell out crowds and just crazy crowds. Then they moved the students and destroyed the atmosphere.
    With regards to the final 4 team, this was the best lineups we had in the modern era. I wonder what Richard could've done with these players? One thing about Stans was he could find the talent. Timmy wasn't on anyones radar till the HS state championship his senior year. Stans did notice him and scooped him up. Stans was smart enough to go get Roberts before someone else got him when the Baylor debacle happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    There's a universe out there where both Mario AND Travis Outlaw are on the 2003-04 team.....and now I'm crying.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Harper on a Jans team.... tough.
    But it is incredible watching Cam dominate the court on defense and last night those dunks and plays were great.

vCash
    I have been to 3 home games with my son and a friend. This team plays tough about 10 deep and are fun to watch. Get to the Hump. They deserve and need our support in person again. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oildawg View Post
    I was a student at State, 1989 - 1993.... and there were many games where that place was rocking. It had an incredible atmosphere. I think it is hard to imagine that, unless you've experienced it - but I'd love to see that return.
    I was there the final four year. Camped out for seats before the AR game. The Hump was a literal living hell for other teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I was there the final four year. Camped out for seats before the AR game. The Hump was a literal living hell for other teams.
    I was there for the final 4 year as well. We camped out and waited in lines early before every home game. That place was rocking. We didn?t sit at the end of the court either. Students need to be moved back sooner rather than later where we sat.

vCash
    Not sure about nasty, "yet".........It'll get nasty when we can find a shooter........If we had that guy this year, we'd be hell on wheels..........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Yep. For some time the Hump was considered one of the toughest places to play in the conference. Probably THE toughest behind Rupp. Nothing compares to a rocking Humphrey Coliseum. Except a rocking Dude.

vCash
    It will get better but it wont get back to what it was when the students rocked half the lower section. Moving the students changed the home advantage. I am glad it will finally have a pulse again but you wont get alot of people from 2 hours away like Jackson and such because all the games are on TV or online. Convenience matters

We brought HELL on opposing teams. The 1991 game vs LSU to win the SEC Title was the loudest that place has ever been and louder than when I saw Metallica in concert. Crazy
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    This team deserves our support. They have played with high intensity and effort throughout each game. They are by no means perfect. Free throws and shooting certainly has a ways to go, but Jans is getting the most out of his team so far. We might not be in the Ark, Bama, Auburn, Tennessee and Kentucky grouping, but if we play hard like this every game we can be the 6th best. UF,LSU, aTm and Ole Miss are all bubble teams according to Lunardi. We play them all at home and need to grab those wins with a loud hump

vCash
    Agree on the support. They play hard. I'll likely make it in on a weekend now to attend
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    AS one that enjoyed the last days of the old gym, and the opening of the hump. Memories of Ray White, Wiley Peck, Gary Hooker, here’s to the NEW DOGS kicking new age Arss go Dogs...!!!!

vCash
    Marquette seemed to be pretty tenacious on defense. Us winning that game was huge.