Thread: Kiffin?s a goner

vCash

Kiffin?s a goner

By the guy that broke the Cohen hire

Last edited by SailingDawg; 11-21-2022 at 08:06 PM.

vCash
    Good news. But honestly, I don't get it... Auburn has a harder schedule, higher expectations, dysfunctional boosters, and the fans will compare you to Bama and UGA. DOes Auburn have more resources? Sure, but OM know how to get $$$ to croots too. If I was Kiffin I'd chill on 10M a year at OM till a true blue blood came calling, but I'm glad he's not.

vCash
    Heck if I had made a few million by age forty I would have long retired. But coaches are competitive and want a new challenge.

vCash
    Let me be the first to say "thank you" to John Cohen. One of the best things he's ever done for State.

As far as LK choosing Auburn, them probably moving to the east with Alabama when the next 2 join the west, likely weighed into his decision. Winning the East at Auburn sounds easier than winning the West at Ole Miss. And they have as much money as they need for the NIL, and are two hours from a top 5 metro area (market opportunities and a huge player pool).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Let me be the first to say "thank you" to John Cohen. One of the best things he's ever done for State.

As far as LK choosing Auburn, them probably moving to the east with Alabama when the next 2 join the west, likely weighed into his decision. Winning the East at Auburn sounds easier than winning the West at Ole Miss. And they have as much money as they need for the NIL, and are two hours from a top 5 metro area (market opportunities and a huge player pool).
    Seconded! Hope you're doing well, Hack.

vCash

Between this and getting our NIL kick started by poor mouthing us he has done more for us as an AD at Auburn than he did as MSU's AD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Between this and getting our NIL kick started by poor mouthing us he has done more for us as an AD at Auburn than he did as MSU's AD.
    Rep!!

vCash
    That's so true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Rep!!
    Thank you!

vCash
    I am starting to really like the Chris Jans hire.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Good news. But honestly, I don't get it... Auburn has a harder schedule, higher expectations, dysfunctional boosters, and the fans will compare you to Bama and UGA. DOes Auburn have more resources? Sure, but OM know how to get $$$ to croots too. If I was Kiffin I'd chill on 10M a year at OM till a true blue blood came calling, but I'm glad he's not.
    All this is exactly what I think of Auburn. Maybe Tim Cook is throwing in Apple Stock Options to make Auburn more fantastically rich than we can possibly know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    What's hilarious is that people think John Cohen hired Kiffin away from ole miss. Auburn boosters made this hire. They just put Cohen in seat so they can say he made the hire. But if Cohen leaked this, then hats off to him for that.

vCash

Good to see you post Hack.

vCash
    I know they don?t want to hear this, but Kiffin pretty much found OMs ceiling and he knows it.

vCash
    Higher resources but similar in moving one state over, just to be little bro again.

vCash
    Nobody is shocked that he is job hopping away....but nobody expected Auburn. I just don't see the fit. He won't be there long either.

vCash
    Wasnt it Obama that said ?Dont underestimate John Cohens ability to F things up??