Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Lane to AU heating up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    It breaking this early and starting to spiral out of control on Twitter might end up spooking either Lane or some of the AU boosters from completing this deal.
    My theory is that this was leaked by someone connected to Ole Miss to try to blow it up. I also suspect it won't work. Lane isn't going to give up a hundred million bucks over that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Umm I think y?all are being trolled.

https://twitter.com/lane_kiffin/stat...zMmkfuqsL8q4gg
    What an idiot. Someone should tell that smart ass that WCBI isn't out of Starkville, it's Columbus (duh).............If I had twitter I'd tell him............
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Just leaving Oxford and gosh do those folks not want to talk about the lane train coming off the tracks. amusing

vCash
    An Ole Miss fan told me he said that they can pull Ryan Day.

Ryan Day coaches at Ohio State.

These people are something else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

Lol yep. I have heard a bunch say no way lane goes to auburn that would be lateral move! Also said they have way more money and resources than auburn. The delusion is real!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

Yeah, I talked to one that said Carter was already talking to Urban Meyer. I just snickered and said "Sure."

Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Lol yep. I have heard a bunch say no way lane goes to auburn that would be lateral move! Also said they have way more money and resources than auburn. The delusion is real!
    As stated repeatedly on many college football radio programs: OM has yet to win the West or challenge for a playoff spot in the last twenty plus years. Auburn has done it three times in that time period. Auburn > Ole Miss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yeah, I talked to one that said Carter was already talking to Urban Meyer. I just snickered and said "Sure."

As stated repeatedly on many college football radio programs: OM has yet to win the West or challenge for a playoff spot in the last twenty plus years. Auburn has done it three times in that time period. Auburn > Ole Miss
    Yeah and its not even close.

vCash
    Ole Miss board already trying to say they are talking to Ruhle this Friday and he is interested.
    Ole Miss fans may learn how agents will use this opportunity to get their guys raises.

vCash
    All I know is that every minute he spends on crap like this is one less minute he is preparing for the game. I'm guessing he's probably had to turn his phone off to get anything done the last few days. Every recruit, reporter, etc. is probably blowing him up.

The real issue with HC uncertainty is the assistans having to worry about their jobs, putting out feelers, moving their families, and everything that comes with a job move. They do all the heavy lifting with scouting, teaching technique, gameplanning, and so on.

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    We said the same thing (it's a lateral move) about Dan and Miami, Dan and Pittsburgh, Dan and Maryland, Dan and Tennessee, and Dan and Florida.

Hell, Dan said the same thing about Collins and Florida.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Ole Miss board already trying to say they are talking to Ruhle this Friday and he is interested.
    Ole Miss fans may learn how agents will use this opportunity to get their guys raises.
    Matt Rhule is currently unemployed.

That said, I don't see him going to Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post

That said, I don't see him going to Ole Miss.
    And if he stays unemployed the Panthers owe him $40 million. If he gets a new job the amount the Panthers owe is reduced dollar-for-dollar by whatever his new job pays.

Its good work if you can get it.

vCash
    And if he stays unemployed the Panthers owe him $40 million. If he gets a new job the amount the Panthers owe is reduced dollar-for-dollar by whatever his new job pays.

Its good work if you can get it.

vCash
    We said the same thing (it's a lateral move) about Dan and Miami, Dan and Pittsburgh, Dan and Maryland, Dan and Tennessee, and Dan and Florida.

Some may have said it, I didn't. You have to be realistic about things.

vCash

Pre-NIL, there was an argument for all of those but Florida and maybe UT. Miami had expectations but leadership didn't want to commit resources to football. Twice they interviewed Dan with an expectation that they were somehow going to pay him less to leave MSU. Pittsburgh and Maryland are afterthoughts. And UT had 1999 expectations but no recruiting base and an inability to really be a national recruiter and more competition trying to recruit the Southeast.

Auburn was not a lateral move pre-NIL either. They had the same UT expectations and toxic boosters but at least were in fertile recruiting grounds. They're probably closer to a lateral move now because while resources have gotten better for them, Saban's success has made them even crazier.

Post-NIL, I'm not sure how Pittsburg and Maryland will stack up, but Miami probably is a step ahead between more booster money for NIL and less competition. And UT is a player again now that they can just pay to expand their recruiting footprint.

vCash
    Listening to full ride this morning on ESPN U. Dan said basically same thing. Auburn has more resources he also said main concern was in state though how you are judged in state or compared. He said ole miss had more resources and not just football but with supporting town where you get your groceries and hair cut. I didn't know Oxford had a target. I think it's safe to say to the guys saying he is coming back that there is no chance of that happening. I don't think Mullen will come back after saying something like that.

vCash
    One thing I have found very amusing in all this, usually they think everything Johnson, Mcready, Parham, Borkey, etc. say is gospel. However, the minute they happen to not agree with them then the narrative is that they are harming the university and if it is negative then they do not need to report it.

They truly are grasping at straws. Just today, they have been fooled by a fake Snapchat and a fake Twitter Acct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    Listening to full ride this morning on ESPN U. Dan said basically same thing. Auburn has more resources he also said main concern was in state though how you are judged in state or compared. He said ole miss had more resources and not just football but with supporting town where you get your groceries and hair cut. I didn't know Oxford had a target. I think it's safe to say to the guys saying he is coming back that there is no chance of that happening. I don't think Mullen will come back after saying something like that.
    Lol, as C34 said and I agree, Oxford is Grenada without the lake. It's just another small Southern town that just happens to have a university. Heck, Ellisville with JC is almost as metropolitan as oxford, lol!

vCash
    Lol, as C34 said and I agree, Oxford is Grenada without the lake. It's just another small Southern town that just happens to have a university. Heck, Ellisville with JC is almost as metropolitan as oxford, lol!
    And it?s nestled cozily between Laurel and Hattiesburg not Pontotoc and Batesville - yes it?s got Sardis Lake nearby but Ellisvillw has the Okatoma

vCash
    Ole Miss is talking about Ruhle as a target. Hard to comprehend that being true in any sort.