Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Lane to AU heating up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I dont understand Kiffin digging this hole if he really is planning on leaving. Idk.
    Probably has some kind of financial understanding with Ole Miss to remain on through the Egg Bowl.

They don't want to play us with Derrick Nix coaching them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    My first thought was Cohen would be the source..... but that seems to be a risky move to piss off your number 1 target of your most important task of your career, before he has been officially hired. What would Cohen have to gain (at his new job) by doing that?

Anyways, Cohen isn't leaking it but someone at Auburn is.
    Cohen is not going to tell Kiffin that he is the source of the rumor. LOL.

At the end of the day Cohen is still a Dawg.

vCash
    I dont understand Kiffin digging this hole if he really is planning on leaving. Idk.
    Lane don't care about anyone but lane. For the kind of money he's getting he don't care what media thinks. He's always been a mercenary remember what he did to Tennessee? Big ol narcissist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

At the end of the day Cohen is still a Dawg.
    Nailed it! Plausible deniability.

vCash
    I mean it all helps us.

vCash
    I mean it all helps us.
    Yep I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    You don't think there'll be a "Win one for the Gipper" feeling on Thurs? In all honesty, I think there will be, mainly because most of their best players are undergraduates and might follow him to Auburn
    That's a thing of the past. These players are out for themselves. Not a criticism- just reality and I don't blame them. There is potentially millions on the line for these guys. If anything I think it could be the opposite because with the portal which didn't exist when Knute Rockne was around these players follow coaches to an extent. Remember- a lot of Ole Miss's players aren't from Mississippi or Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Here is what is going on:

1. Lame has accepted the job thru his agent Sexton
    2. Mississippi doesnt want it to leak before the Egg Bowl
    3. Auburn may not want it to leak before the Iron Bowl out of respek to Cadillac
    4. Auburn may not care about Cadillac and want the spotlight of it during the Iron Bowl
    5. Nothing is final until Lame signs something
    I agree on all points. However, if I'm Auburn it's good to make sure that everyone knows who the coach is just in case Cadillac pulls the upset of the century. I don't expect that to happen or anything like that. But Cohen did get into a bit of a hairy deal a little but with Gary Henderson when he took us to Omaha. Weird things can happen in sports.

vCash
    https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/f...ing-for-auburn

SI is running with it and not shooting it down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Lane don't care about anyone but lane. For the kind of money he's getting he don't care what media thinks. He's always been a mercenary remember what he did to Tennessee? Big ol narcissist
    Nail on the head. Though he was my #1 target in 2017, I told people that I wouldn't be shocked if he left after a years if he elevated the program.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/f...ing-for-auburn

SI is running with it and not shooting it down.
    Well he's for sure gone because he gave the ol "I'm happy here" statement. That's a sure sign a coach is gone.

vCash
    Exactly. And he dislikes Saban. I think he wants payback and it's a lot easier to get payback on him at Auburn than it is Ole Miss. Plus it will have maximum impact because of the Iron Bowl.

And speaking of what he did at Tennessee- he basically immediately tried to get all of their recruits to USC and tried to get guys to transfer pre portal. Really set Tennessee back for awhile.

Also- Lane likes and respects Leach. He may not really like competing with him head to head all that much.

vCash
    Well he's for sure gone because he gave the ol "I'm happy here" statement. That's a sure sign a coach is gone.
    The kiss of death!

vCash
    Because when you are cooler on Twitter than in real life you have to keep up that persona.

vCash
    Exactly. And he dislikes Saban. I think he wants payback and it's a lot easier to get payback on him at Auburn than it is Ole Miss. Plus it will have maximum impact because of the Iron Bowl.

And speaking of what he did at Tennessee- he basically immediately tried to get all of their recruits to USC and tried to get guys to transfer pre portal. Really set Tennessee back for awhile.

Also- Lane likes and respects Leach. He may not really like competing with him head to head all that much.
    Agreed!

vCash

Well No kidding. However I tend to believe Cohen isn't the type to do something that unprofessional, risky and flat lie about it. It makes for an awesome story but.... extremely unprofessional.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-21-2022 at 10:27 PM.

vCash
    So let?s say Cohen did leak this to Jon Solokof?.would this not start Cohen and Kiffin out on the wrong foot in having a working relationship when he gets to AU?

vCash
    Well No kidding. However I tend to believe Cohen isn't the type to do something this bold and flat lie about it.
    I dint know man an AD is a politician they know how to get around the truth pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    So let?s say Cohen did leak this to Jon Solokof?.would this not start Cohen and Kiffin out on the wrong foot in having a working relationship when he gets to AU?
    Yes. Not to mention distract from what Coach Caddy is doing before the Iron Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Because when you are cooler on Twitter than in real life you have to keep up that persona.
    Ain't that the truth...

vCash
    Well No kidding. However I tend to believe Cohen isn't the type to do something that unprofessional, risky and flat lie about it. It makes for an awesome story but.... extremely unprofessional.
    It's business. And Cohen can be ruthless at times. Who knows? It may not be Cohen. But Sokoloff has been right before when it involved Cohen. If it's not Cohen it's someone likely connected to him.

Yes. Not to mention distract from what Coach Caddy is doing before the Iron Bowl.
    So? He's not a candidate anyway.