Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Lane to AU heating up

vCash
    Lane Train is going to die on the Transfer portal. No matter what anyone says you can't build a consistent winner by the Transfer Portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Lane Train is going to die on the Transfer portal. No matter what anyone says you can't build a consistent winner by the Transfer Portal.
    He got really lucky this year in the portal and Judkins was a diamond in the rough he found, and I agree with what you said.

vCash
    100% agree. Mercenaries will always be hit and miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    He got really lucky this year in the portal and Judkins was a diamond in the rough he found, and I agree with what you said.
    A former player told me tonight Jackie shot himself in the foot with the JCs and Lane has no foundation at all at OM because of the transfer portal/

vCash
    A former player told me tonight Jackie shot himself in the foot with the JCs and Lane has no foundation at all at OM because of the transfer portal/
    Yep. You use JC/Portal to fill immediate starter needs, you don't build depth or the team around them.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Yep. You use JC/Portal to fill immediate starter needs, you don't build depth or the team around them.
    Exactly

vCash
    Lol it is nice to know we are not the only emotional fan base out there https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nafo...8ada19e39a07a7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Lol it is nice to know we are not the only emotional fan base out there https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nafo...8ada19e39a07a7
    Oh, that's delicious.

vCash
    Ole Miss's top two transfers former teams are 21-1 and ranked 4th and 6th. Dart and Evans are good but the excitement over them was based on their high school rankings. Ole Miss won the press conference with their transfer portal "success" but it didn't translate into winning more games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Ole Miss's top two transfers former teams are 21-1 and ranked 4th and 6th. Dart and Evans are good but the excitement over them was based on their high school rankings. Ole Miss won the press conference with their transfer portal "success" but it didn't translate into winning more games.
    Ehh i think I softly disagree with this. I believe they lose 2 more games if Ayltmeyer was their QB this year

vCash
    Evans thought the position was his alone but he's a "me me" guy and TCU saw through it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    They lose against Kentucky and A&M with Luke as QB.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Kiffin was really lucky on the portal this year, and that he didn't have a proven QB because if he had I wouldn't see Dart coming in to compete. He knew he was "the" QB when he decided to sign with OM.

vCash
    Looks like Auburn has officially fallen through. I?m kind of shocked he is staying

https://twitter.com/ClowESPN/status/...VxKs4NkTtZsUoA

vCash
    Looks like Auburn has officially fallen through. I?m kind of shocked he is staying

https://twitter.com/ClowESPN/status/...VxKs4NkTtZsUoA
    He's so full of shit. He didn't want to make it about him. What a douche.

vCash
    Thank you WCBI for creating a huge distraction, but you look like a complete clown now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Thank you WCBI for creating a huge distraction, but you look like a complete clown now
    I honestly believe at the time it was accurate and something changed

vCash
    I honestly believe at the time it was accurate and something changed
    His Twitter antics probably cost him the job...

vCash
    The end came because everybody started taking JCs too. For a while Kansas State and MSU were the JC aristocrats.

Oklahoma won the 2000 NC with a huge injection of JCs. The 2000 Heismann runner up and NC winning QB was a JC, Josh Heupel.

When everyone else started dipping in JC, then MSU had to get the infamous Western Arizona bunch and FCS guys like TJ Mawhinney (sp?)

Jackie's biggest error was the allegiance to obsolete offensive strategy and tactics. He wanted to play like old-time Alabama and Tennessee even as young Gun coaches like Bob Stoops were changing the game

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    The end came because everybody started taking JCs too. For a while Kansas State and MSU were the JC aristocrats.

Oklahoma won the 2000 NC with a huge injection of JCs. The 2000 Heismann runner up and NC winning QB was a JC, Josh Heupel.

When everyone else started dipping in JC, then MSU had to get the infamous Western Arizona bunch and FCS guys like TJ Mawhinney (sp?)

Jackie's biggest error was the allegiance to obsolete offensive strategy and tactics. He wanted to play like old-time Alabama and Tennessee even as young Gun coaches like Bob Stoops were changing the game
    Who was Bob Stoops OC that year they won the natty? Cause Big Game Bob wasn't ever no offensive guru lmao.