Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Lane to AU heating up

vCash
    If we win Thurs I hope the band plays "Better Off in a Pine Box" after the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    If we win Thurs I hope the band plays "Better Off in a Pine Box" after the game.
    I will be enjoying "the night they drove ole dixie down"

vCash
    They better hurry up and be able to play Baby Shark before they change mascots again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Ole Miss is talking about Ruhle as a target. Hard to comprehend that being true in any sort.
    Texas A&M mat have something to say about that.

vCash

Here ya go

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I will be enjoying "the night they drove ole dixie down"
    My favorite version.

vCash
    Is Rhule even that great?

His predecessor at Temple was Steve Addazio, who had a winning record there and was hired away, and before that was Al Golden, who actually built the program and was hired away. Even with that foundation he wasn't even clearly doing a good job until year 3, and that's after the AAC (former Big East) lost its AQ status.

His predecessor at Baylor was Art Briles, who was fantastic. Obviously he left the program in personal shame and ignominy, but there was still an expectation of winning there, and opening the year with a loss to Liberty (still FCS at the time) and UTSA was awful. 1-11 was a huge underachieve, and he ended with a losing record and losing conference record.

His stent at the Panthers was a disaster, and while you can't blame it all on the head coach, it's the 3rd straight job without impressive results.

I just don't get why so many people salivate over this guy. Is it because 1 time in his 10 years of head coaching he had a good team?

vCash
    He got better every year at each stop. His last 2 years at Temple he was 20-7. His last 2 years at Baylor were 18-9. For me the first year anywhere doesn't hold much weight. JMHO.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post

His predecessor at Temple was Steve Addazio, who had a winning record there and was hired away, and before that was Al Golden, who actually built the program and was hired away. Even with that foundation he wasn't even clearly doing a good job until year 3, and that's after the AAC (former Big East) lost its AQ status.

His predecessor at Baylor was Art Briles, who was fantastic. Obviously he left the program in personal shame and ignominy, but there was still an expectation of winning there, and opening the year with a loss to Liberty (still FCS at the time) and UTSA was awful. 1-11 was a huge underachieve, and he ended with a losing record and losing conference record.

His stent at the Panthers was a disaster, and while you can't blame it all on the head coach, it's the 3rd straight job without impressive results.

I just don't get why so many people salivate over this guy. Is it because 1 time in his 10 years of head coaching he had a good team?
    Baylor was in shambles when he took over. Players left (including Stidham who didn't even play the fall of 2016) and they only had 1 committed player when he was hired. That was a dang great turn around that fast.

Addazio won his first year with Golden's players but didn't recruit his 2 years well. He went 4-7 his second year and was lucky to get that BC job because if he had coached a 3rd year it would have been bad. Rhule took the crap that was left went 2-10 his first year then built it back quickly.

vCash
    Damn Q- your post made the case for Rhule. You can totally disregard his pro time- it's 2 different animals.

His 2 college stops got alot better after he took over. Thats what you are looking for in a coach
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dstatechamps View Post
    My favorite version.

i hate that song personally

vCash
    Lanes gonna gut that roster too. Whoever takes over for him, unless he is a portal miracle worker, is going to have a junior college roster

vCash
    You never know with these coaching searches but this seems like a done deal. Itd be pretty awkward for Lane if he doesnt get the auburn job at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post

Your post kind of had the opposite effect you were looking for. I mean look at year 1 vs 3 at his 2 college stops. Rhule is an elite college coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Damn Q- your post made the case for Rhule. You can totally disregard his pro time- it's 2 different animals.

His 2 college stops got alot better after he took over. Thats what you are looking for in a coach
    I was told coaches aren't allowed multiple years to improve a team that was in shambles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    I was told coaches aren't allowed multiple years to improve a team that was in shambles.
    shut up stupid. Miss State hasnt been in shambles since before Tyler in the 70's
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dstatechamps View Post
    My favorite version.

Sorry but have you ever heard the The Band.

https://youtu.be/RfzsgYkJUfw

vCash
    shut up stupid. Miss State hasnt been in shambles since before Tyler in the 70's
    I dunno. The Kangs last 3 years and the croom error were pretty rough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Your post kind of had the opposite effect you were looking for. I mean look at year 1 vs 3 at his 2 college stops. Rhule is an elite college coach

Temple and Baylor both got worse under Rhule before they got better. Temple wasn't in shambles at all. Baylor was already over the worst of it and went 7-6 in the interim year after Briles under Jim Grobe. They weren't losing to FCS teams until Rhule got there.

I think Rhule is an above average coach, but he's way too glorified all on the basis of a single good year out of 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    i hate that song personally
    Shit song

vCash
    With the money that Ole Miss is throwing out there, lots of coaches are going to entertain ole miss to get a raise where they currently are.

I can see Jamey Chadwell ending up at Ole Miss

But you can believe that the big names will be out there because of the ole miss media

Expect multiple power 5 head coaching names that some of these idiots spew out there

One said earlier today that they could pull mike norvell away from Florida state

But Honestly ill throw a wild card out there for ole miss

Mike Gundy

I have heard that he wants out of oklahoma state